Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally don’t understand the love for the odd colored bubble slat BB grill that to me is the worst of the bunch or the BB wheels. BD looks so much better (without adding those $995 wheels in the comparison). This comparison also really downplays the MGV and washout interior of BD as well.

In the end, different strokes for different folks. Get what you like.
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man I’m having a tough time deciding. Love the BB grille. Hate the wheels. Love the vinyl interior on the BD. Priced the BD at 46,175. And the BB AT 45,125. So for a thousand more, I get vinyl interior and auto 4x4, but the BB has the signature LEDS and a cooler grille. Saying this out loud kinda makes the BD a no brainer. For me at least.
I am with you, I’m stuck on the LED’s

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few thoughts. Cloth is also standard on wildtrak. Cheapest house in the best neighborhood would be big bend, no?
What I meant by that analogy: Trim Level = Neighborhood; Final Build w/ Options = House

If adding all available options on a lower trim, would be equal to a higher trim. It would be better to go for the higher trim level. Maybe it is a bad analogy.

I do not dislike the BB and am considering it in my builds.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is kinda where I'm at. I dislike the wheels and grills on both models. I would like to have the LEDs too. However I much prefer the vinyl and rubber floors and I want the Adv 4x4. I can easily change the wheels, grill and LEDs aftermarket. Interior not so much. So since the price is so similar the BD seems to be a no brainer, as you put it, for my preferences.
Much easier to swap grill and headlights in the future than interiors.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally don’t understand the love for the odd colored bubble slat BB grill that to me is the worst of the bunch or the BB wheels. BD looks so much better (without adding those $995 wheels in the comparison). This comparison also really downplays the MGV and washout interior of BD as well.

In the end, different strokes for different folks. Get what you like.
All the love for the BB grille is because it most closely resembles the EB Bronco grille.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I’m having a tough time deciding. Love the BB grille. Hate the wheels. Love the vinyl interior on the BD. Priced the BD at 46,175. And the BB AT 45,125. So for a thousand more, I get vinyl interior and auto 4x4, but the BB has the signature LEDS and a cooler grille. Saying this out loud kinda makes the BD a no brainer. For me at least.
Aren't the grills interchangeable, buy what you want afterwards?

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the love for the BB grille is because it most closely resembles the EB Bronco grille.
The BD headlights look more retro like the EB. BD front end looks best to me. The washout interior is what I want too.
Wheels and tires are acceptable to me on the BD. I may watch CL for takeoffs in future if I change my mind on that.
I want the rest of the BD package. My only concern is durability of finish on steel bumper. It may rust in a couple of years here in salty road territory.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
BB is better price wise until you squatch and add mid package. Squatch cost a lot more on BD until you add mid package, mid package takes off $100 and makes the BD only a few hundred dollars more than a BB that is fully loaded with everything a BD has. That price difference of a few hundred bucks is your vinyl seats. Add the signature lights to BB and it becomes more expensive than a BD. To me i dont like BB grille, wheels dont matter when you squatch. I'm almost all in for BD, if i have to get a auto for squatch then i'll just deal with it.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP you have a good thread here, thanks for pointing your findings out. I was surprised to learn you can option up the headlights on the BB! I've only been pricing out a BD and BL so that is good to know.

I have spent a lot of time comparing the stock tire sizes, so I do want to point out that the Big Bend stock tire size is slightly more narrow:

Big Bend:
P255/75R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires | INCLUDED

Black Diamond
LT265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires | INCLUDED

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could get the signature LED headlights and taillights on the BD I'd seriously consider stepping down from the Badlands. And I can't find anything conclusive where we get the LED taillights. Some have said they come with the blindspot monitoring which should be Mid Package. But there's no mention of them at all in Build and Price on any trim or package.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the MGV and the blue trim in the BD as I am going VB for paint color. But you are correct about most of the rest. I am going Sasq so wheels not different either way but I do like the LED lights I will be switching them out.

Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! 1603643040109

BDASS is her name. Black Diamond Automatic SaSquatch lol.

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is kinda where I'm at. I dislike the wheels and grills on both models. I would like to have the LEDs too. However I much prefer the vinyl and rubber floors and I want the Adv 4x4. I can easily change the wheels, grill and LEDs aftermarket. Interior not so much. So since the price is so similar the BD seems to be a no brainer, as you put it, for my preferences.
Yea, hopefully it will be simple to swap out grilles.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sasquatch or death!!!
Sponsored