Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the AGS are like they were on my FoST and Fusion, they are behind the crash bar directly in front of the radiator. The grilles should be the same. The AGS have a shroud that directs air to the radiator when open and supports the slats that open and close using a small motor at the bottom of the whole assembly.
Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! PSX_20201025_115334

I just ran out to my garage to get this picture. It shows the upper and lower portion of the AGS and the stock intercooler off of my Fusion. The intercooler sits behind the AGS from the factory as well. Just to give you an idea of how Ford does it on other products.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, but your original post and pricing was including the auto so that's why I only brought up auto gearing. Advanced 4x4 doesn't have anything to do with gearing, and you can't get it on BB without squatch anyways(as @Jrod0486 has shown). All things being equal I will always prefer to have the lowest gearing I can get.

Advanced 4x4 has different gearing in Low Gear. Advanced 4x4 = 3.06, shift on fly 4x4 = 2.72.
Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! PXL_20201025_171520068

Last edited:

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My initial reservation was a BB. I wanted a ManSquatch with a Mid package. Simple and easy. Now for some reason I can’t get the Mid package with a manual on anything lower than a BL so I’ve been pricing out a Base,BB,BD and BL trying to decide what I can live without. My overall feeling is that you get much more value in the lower trims.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The interior and wheels on BB look cheap. After having reservations of the quality of the vinyl then seeing it in person I absolutely love it. The vinyl feels great and the seats themselves look much more premium than cloth in the other models. I do love the Big Bend grill and will switch out to the silver one we have seen if I have to paint a stock Big Bend one myself. Hopefully they have one in the aftermarket shortly after release.

When pricing a Sasquatched, optioned up model of BB and BD from Stephens under invoice pricing the difference is only $1500 between the two, so we are getting steel bumpers, rock rails, vinyl/rubber floor, switches and other items for such a small difference.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I could get the signature LED headlights and taillights on the BD I'd seriously consider stepping down from the Badlands. And I can't find anything conclusive where we get the LED taillights. Some have said they come with the blindspot monitoring which should be Mid Package. But there's no mention of them at all in Build and Price on any trim or package.
BLIS isn't integrated into the tail lights on the Bronco.
They are separate, and mounted under a body color painted plastic cover.
So LED taillights don't have to come with MID.

This is the sensors here, the black square, on the build line pics.

Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! 20200929_142857

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Advanced 4x4 has different gearing in Low Gear. Advanced 4x4 = 3.06, shift on fly 4x4 = 2.72.
This exactly. It's one of the things not brought up in a lot of the talk about the Advanced transfer case. Manual, 4.46, and the Advanced transfer case give the second best crawl ratio of any other model. Badlands 7MT (and ManSquatch) gives the best, BD 7MT with the 4a is the next best thing. Unless I'm missing something BD is the only combo to get 7MT, 4A, and 4.46s.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so we are getting steel bumpers, rock rails, vinyl/rubber floor, switches and other items for such a small difference.
And this is what makes me want the BD over BB... But idk, I just really want those LEDs. Seems really odd to me to not offer them on the BD? Every other model has them? (Except base, of course)

Maybe it's a silly reason, but I guess everyone weighs their priorities.

As for the aftermarket adding LEDs, it'll be awhile before that's possible, I'd think. ?‍♂

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BLIS isn't integrated into the tail lights on the Bronco.
They are separate, and mounted under a body color painted plastic cover.
So LED taillights don't have to come with MID.

This is the sensors here, the black square, on the build line pics.

Hmm. Even more curious now what triggers the LED tails. I can't find a single thing that specifically lists them.

Wolf1961

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the winch mount attached to the provided bumper or is it a completely different bumper. I priced the warn winch and I can get it for $1000. B&P will not sell mount only w/o winch. I don't see $1500 for a mount unless it is a complete bumper change.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmm. Even more curious now what triggers the LED tails. I can't find a single thing that specifically lists them.
AFAIK, LED taillights and headlights are standard OBX and above.
LED headlights are the only LED option on the BB.
Base and BD can't get either LED light set.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I priced a Big Bend that has the ALL Black Diamond capabilities except seats and flooring. SURPRISINGLY, the Big Bend is CHEAPER and LOOKS BETTER than the Black Diamond. See the photos and pricing and decide which looks better. Here's why I think the Big Bend is better.

Big Bend has
- Better looking grille
- Allows Signature headlights ($795)
- Optional Rear Diff Locker (BD Std)
- Optional Heavy Duty Bumper (BD Std)
- Optional Rock Rail (BD Std)
- Optional Aux Switches (BD Std)
- Aluminum wheels Std
- Cloth seats & carpet (preferred for me in Miami Beach, don't care much one way or the other)

Black Diamond
- No Signature headlight option
- Ugly grille (imo)
- Steel rims Std (BB Std, optional pictured $995)
- Vinyl seats & rubber floors (others prefer this)
- AT tires Std

I added all options to Big Bend that are standard on the Black Diamond which included EVERYTHING necessary for off-roading. Also added the pretty headlights and Aux switches. Added aluminum rims to BD. I'd ride BB street tires and replace with ATs later. Don't you think the BB looks a lot better??

Both BB and BD are priced just over $37K and both have one rear locker.
I think for offload capability you can get both front and rear lockers and advanced 4x4 on the Base for $35k+

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both BB and BD are priced just over $37K and both have one rear locker.
I think for offload capability you can get both front and rear lockers and advanced 4x4 on the Base for $35k+
BD has rear locker standard, BB it's an option for $795. Neither can have a front locker without Sasquatch pkg. The Base model has NO diff locker option, only with Sasquatch pkg.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And this is what makes me want the BD over BB... But idk, I just really want those LEDs. Seems really odd to me to not offer them on the BD? Every other model has them? (Except base, of course)

Maybe it's a silly reason, but I guess everyone weighs their priorities.

As for the aftermarket adding LEDs, it'll be awhile before that's possible, I'd think. ?‍♂
yeah, but replacing headlights down the road would be less trouble and cheaper than all that other stuff. Remember all the headlights are led so its prob just plug and play
Sponsored