Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just got back from a trip out to Big Bend. I am stoked for you guys getting your Broncos this year. Hope to see some of you guys get some pics out there. It's a beautiful place. I ran pretty much all the unpaved roads and ran Black Gap Rd which if you don't know, is unmaintained and has a few technical spots. It's also a Jeep Badge of Honor Trail. It ain't tough, but it's the location and desolation that makes it special. The only other vehicles I saw on the trail was a Gladiator Rubicon and a Power Wagon.

20210326_133630.jpg
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More pics!!???
Looks awesome, and definitely a place of interest and future destination.
I'm in NC but have joined a TX bronco FB page.
They have a lot of interest in making some ride events together, and is the only FB group I'm in that is positive and not plagued by idiots and trolls.
Check it out. West Texas Broncos | Facebook
50 members strong, so if you're going to join, anyone, don't be a bad apple please.
I rather enjoy the positive environment.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My buddy and I went here for Spring Break in college to camp (all the way from Michigan). We took a stock Jeep Grand Cherokee 2006 down the trails to camp and it was absolutely awesome.

I will be returning. Don't let the secret out! The stars are just amazing at night.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. The first time for this life long Texan, but definitely will not be my last. I absolutely cannot wait to go back in my Bronco.

Dagger Flat was the only unpaved road I did in my stock 2wd Silverado and it was an absolute beating at 20-30 mph. Thought my whole truck was going to rattle apart. The whole time I wished I had my Bronco already so I could bump that speed up a little bit, or at least be a little more comfortable at the speed I was doing lol.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP: It's a beautiful place.

The picture:

Ford Bronco Big Bend National Park giphy - 2021-03-30T105559.306

;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spooled

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. The first time for this life long Texan, but definitely will not be my last. I absolutely cannot wait to go back in my Bronco.

Dagger Flat was the only unpaved road I did in my stock 2wd Silverado and it was an absolute beating at 20-30 mph. Thought my whole truck was going to rattle apart. The whole time I wished I had my Bronco already so I could bump that speed up a little bit, or at least be a little more comfortable at the speed I was doing lol.
The DSSV shocks in my ZR2 worked awesome. I found myself doing 50-60 a few times just to see how it felt. The position sensitive Bilsteins are going to work awesome.

OP
OP
Spooled

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a few more. Didn't want to spam ZR2 pics on here :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Big Bend National Park 20210326_151852

Absolutely amazing.
Definitely on my list.
And no worries about the Chevy. It looks at home there. Plus we have a '19 Silverado Z71, so no hate from me.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Google mapped that. That is a LONG road leading to other long roads (river rd, etc).
Was that picture with the sign taken at the intersection there with Glen Springs rd?
Looking at planning a trip. Given enough fuel I may run several of those roads.
Definitely want to get out there at sundown to see it and look at the stars once it gets full dark.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spooled

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Google mapped that. That is a LONG road leading to other long roads (river rd, etc).
Was that picture with the sign taken at the intersection there with Glen Springs rd?
Looking at planning a trip. Given enough fuel I may run several of those roads.
Definitely want to get out there at sundown to see it and look at the stars once it gets full dark.
I ran S to N so that picture was at the intersection of Talley Rd. and Black Gap Rd. There is a fuel station inside that park at Panther Junction so don't worry about fuel.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had this Big Bend bug now since the day you posted this.
it went from a “well that would be kind of nice to go see, and we should bring as we will be that close” to “ok. I’m going to map and plan this out. We are going to spend the day driving around down there, see the stars at night.”
So now I’m looking at getting to the visitor center there at Chisos basin, going down Rt. 12 to Glen Springs. Taking it SE pretty much in a loop back to Rt. 12.
looks like about a 24 mile trip off-pavement.

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had this Big Bend bug now since the day you posted this.
it went from a “well that would be kind of nice to go see, and we should bring as we will be that close” to “ok. I’m going to map and plan this out. We are going to spend the day driving around down there, see the stars at night.”
So now I’m looking at getting to the visitor center there at Chisos basin, going down Rt. 12 to Glen Springs. Taking it SE pretty much in a loop back to Rt. 12.
looks like about a 24 mile trip off-pavement.
It really is an amazing part of the world. If you travel all the way here(there) you should hit a few other key areas. Big Bend Ranch State Park and Black Gap WMA are both really special in their own right. Also, plan to just cruise down (pavement but beautiful) River Road From Terlingua to Presidio (HWY 170) and back. Or if you have the time head up Hwy 169 past Presidio to Marfa and Alpine then back down Hwy 118 to where you are staying. There is a great star viewing show at McDonald Observatory near Alpine you'll definitely want to try to fit in https://mcdonaldobservatory.org/

It's one of 10 designated Dark Sky parks in the world https://earthsky.org/earth/big-bend... line: Texas' Big Bend,in the lower 48 states.

Watch your gas and your water very carefully down there, especially Black Gap WMA. It's desolate and unforgiving country but spectacular.

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have always camped Big Bend on motorcycles, So doing it with the Bronco will be different. When in Big Bend, Another great stop is the Starlight Theater & Saloon in Terlingua http://www.thestarlighttheatre.com. Very interesting old ghost town where people go when they're hiding from somebody!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank y’all! I’ll be checking this stuff out for the next few days, seeing what I can find out!
Sponsored