First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whooaa, pretty spooky for sure. That sounds like a cool atmosphere though.

I’ve never been to Lajitas Resort. It looks beautiful from online pictures
had to cancel plans to go earlier this year because I got sick (not Rona). I might check out the Agave one instead next time around though.

Lajitas Pics:
056E28DF-9D3B-4F93-8AD9-ECB03E7FA33A.jpeg
I

F98506D2-8C0B-4BDF-B53B-5609C3347D8D.jpeg

7D42293F-CBD4-4CF2-84F9-26FD2BC5A977.jpeg
Wow. That looks amazing! The Agave Terlingua places are basically small independent houses. Different experience. I'm thinking that the pool at Lajitas is looking pretty good.
Sponsored

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also look forward to seeing pictures of a new Bronco at Barker Ranch in California, Manson Family's place. Supposedly a tough trail up there.
I fully plan on taking my wildtrack out there.

gantorris

Badlands
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went out there last year, we did old ore road and black gap which we did at night, it got dark on us faster than we thought. We also did trip out to the state park, which was a lot harder trail roads for sure. Dessert pinstriping will happen. Looking forward to going back.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I camped out there once, woke up in middle of the night and my tent was surrounded by about 80 javalinas. They were just doing some midnight grubbing, was kinda cool.

If you go, plan to check out the Marfa lights. See if you can see them. There is also the McDonal observatory, if you can time it go to one of their star parties.

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go prepared. Big Bend Ranch State Park has beautiful sites and you can count on other visitors passing. BBNP inside the gates is of course very popular. There are some roads in that part of the world though with a very long hike out if things go sideways. As mentioned above, when off pavement, you can not count on normal mobile service or anyone passing for days in large swaths of the area. Count your water need carefully and plan on very low mpg numbers.

Black Gap WMA fish camps are amazing but are extremely remote towards the end. I think this was #19 or 20 below. I've lived in many parts of the world and Big Bend is one of my favourites, full stop. I've returned many times and am always in awe. Avoid the heat unless absolutely necessary IMO.

i-KntvTLP-L.jpg

Sponsored

DevoreNola

Badlands
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Big Bend, camp up in the mountains it’s nice and cool come down and run the trails. Trails aren’t hard there’s only 1 MAYBE 2 obstacles that are of mediocre difficulty. As a general rule of thumb I always say never go out alone. There’s no cell service and those trails are long. Glad I live in Midland now it’s much closer.

OP
OP
Jrod0486

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love Big Bend, camp up in the mountains it’s nice and cool come down and run the trails. Trails aren’t hard there’s only 1 MAYBE 2 obstacles that are of mediocre difficulty. As a general rule of thumb I always say never go out alone. There’s no cell service and those trails are long. Glad I live in Midland now it’s much closer.
Good to see there is someone else local out here! I'm up in Andrews.

t_bucket

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As others have noted be sure to hit Big Bend Ranch State park in the area. No pavement to be found.

Video from years back when you still could fly a drone.
Sponsored