Sponsored

Big Bend or Outerbanks ? The extra price increase worth it?

CantBstill

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I have a 4 door ordered : big bend cactus gray, mid package, signature led lights, aux switches, 2.7L engine, locking rear differential, & soft top

I want everyone's opinion is it worth jumping up to an Outerbanks for the high package and different color interior? Zone lighting looks neat too. Around $3,500k - $4,000k difference.
Sponsored

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 4 door ordered : big bend cactus gray, mid package, signature led lights, aux switches, 2.7L engine, locking rear differential, & soft top

I want everyone's opinion is it worth jumping up to an Outerbanks for the high package and different color interior? Zone lighting looks neat too. Around $3,500k - $4,000k difference.
It all depends on what you want and your budget. I decided on the Outer Banks because I wanted the Lux package. I spend hours in my vehicle each day so I wanted the extras that came with it. If I had a 10 minute drive to work, I would have gone with the mid package. I don't need all the extras for our weekend fun. With the doors off, the sound system doesn't matter as much to me either.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... it really depends on your budget and what you want. I'm a functionality-over-form type of person... so I personally don't think any of the equipment packages are worth it.

THAT SAID... you basically configured your Big Bend almost up to an Outer Banks level by itself. So if I were in your position I would upgrade to an Outer Banks and just stick with the mid package. The Big Bend you optioned out is $44,400... while the Outer Banks with similar options would be $46,000. So for less than $2000, you can add on body-color fender flares, body-color side mirrors, body-color door handles, better looking rims (imo), and tube steps. That just seems like a no-brainer to me personally.

And if you wanted to slap on the high package too, feel free.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

My personal opinion is that the high package is absolutely worth it almost exclusively for the display alone. I also really like the roast interior. I personally think that the OBX high vs BB Mid is no contest.

The high package, to me, is the best value package (at $1295, you get a lot).

● 12” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability <- Super nice
● 360-Degree Camera <- Really nice.
● Additional Sound Deadening <- If you spend any appreciable time on the road.
● Front Parking Sensors <- A nice addition.
● Information on Demand Panel (included in SYNC® 4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition)
● Mirrors, Sideview – LED Approach Lamps and LED Spotlight.

napenn78

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I made that decision in August. Went with OBX to get 12 screen and 360 camera. I like the color matched fenders and side mirrors too.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It all depends on what you want and your budget. I decided on the Outer Banks because I wanted the Lux package. I spend hours in my vehicle each day so I wanted the extras that came with it. If I had a 10 minute drive to work, I would have gone with the mid package. I don't need all the extras for our weekend fun. With the doors off, the sound system doesn't matter as much to me either.
Chose OBX Lux for the same reasons. Figured it would make my Bronco a nicer place to be for those 4-6 hour drives.

I think how long OP likes to keep his cars also makes a difference. If you trade in every few years, I could see sticking to mid pkg. But if you’re going to drive this for 10+ years I think a higher trim will help this vehicle age better. The 12” infotainment will be bare bones by then! Otherwise our builds are very similar.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was originally obx and went down to big bend. I had a budget in mind of what I didn't want to go over. I looked at the price of my.obx build and was like I can get all of these in the BB and save a few thousand so I went that route.

I did want the obx but optioned the way I wanted would have been more than I felt comfortable spending

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was originally obx and went down to big bend. I had a budget in mind of what I didn't want to go over. I looked at the price of my.obx build and was like I can get all of these in the BB and save a few thousand so I went that route.

I did want the obx but optioned the way I wanted would have been more than I felt comfortable spending
The Big Bend Mid package is a VERY nicely equipped vehicle. If I had never been exposed to Adaptive Cruise Control, I probably would be "laughing in Base Model Bronco"...

Unfortunately, someone got me hooked on it like a junkie on crack. It makes long drives (like 1000+ miles) so much easier. I said elsewhere, it's not uncommon for me to do 700 miles in a weekend going to and from my current duty location and my lake house.

My budget was keep it under $50k (and even then I still cringe at the cost of this thing). The last new car I purchased was in 2009 at around $35k. I should calculate the inflation between then and now, I might feel better.

2008 - 2021 Cumlative Rate of Inflation: 27.9% - $35k 2009 = $45k 2021.

I feel better, I spent $47.9k, so not much more.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Big Bend Mid package is a VERY nicely equipped vehicle. If I had never been exposed to Adaptive Cruise Control, I probably would be "laughing in Base Model Bronco"...

Unfortunately, someone got me hooked on it like a junkie on crack. It makes long drives (like 1000+ miles) so much easier. I said elsewhere, it's not uncommon for me to do 700 miles in a weekend going to and from my current duty location and my lake house.

My budget was keep it under $50k (and even then I still cringe at the cost of this thing). The last new car I purchased was in 2009 at around $35k. I should calculate the inflation between then and now, I might feel better.

2008 - 2021 Cumlative Rate of Inflation: 27.9% - $35k 2009 = $45k 2021.

I feel better, I spent $47.9k, so not much more.
Agree 100% my big bend and obx were gonna end up with the same options as far as creature comforts. For me it's the auto climate control. I never want a car without that again haha.

garber

Outer Banks
First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I too started with a Big Bend when I ordered at the dealer. About two weeks later, I called my dealer and changed my order to an OBX. The 12" screen was actually one of the most important features to me, and I knew that I'd be kicking myself in the butt if I didn't get a Bronco that had it.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It comes down to is the big screen worth the extra money? I had an outerbanks originally ordered for 22. Then I heard the stereo isn’t much better in lux, the adaptive cruise is not their most current version, I hated the interior colors. i wanted that big screen but was not worth all the extra money to get there.

i specced a 2.7, sig lights, mid package, SAS, mod bumper. Will use all the extra money for katzkins seats and upgrade the audio myself.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It comes down to is the big screen worth the extra money? I had an outerbanks originally ordered for 22. Then I heard the stereo isn’t much better in lux, the adaptive cruise is not their most current version, I hated the interior colors. i wanted that big screen but was not worth all the extra money to get there.

i specced a 2.7, sig lights, mid package, SAS, mod bumper. Will use all the extra money for katzkins seats and upgrade the audio myself.
I dunno, I heard the upgraded sound system in person, and honestly, I didn't see much to complain about, it was plenty loud and sounded pretty good over my tinnitus!

The adaptive cruise will likely get update, but several people have said it worked well as is. I am willing to bet that it can be modified with Forscan to act like a more advanced version provided the installed software is updated. I don't see it being a hardware limitation.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

exactly my build. you will not be disappointed. the outer banks is a rip-off. 2 grand for colored door handles, gloss black grille and ugly seats. Stick with the Big Bend with the options you’ve listed.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dumb question of the day...not trying to be a smart a$$...I truly am curious...
what do you do with a 12"screen? I look at the 10" screen in my mazda and it really doesn't do anything, I mean I am not watching movies on it or surfing the web...the car play is fine and I rarely use nav. all that is on my screen 99% of the time...other than the damn Mazda nag to get me to turn on connective services...is song title, artist and an album cover. What am I missing...maybe I should go OBX and high package for the screen because once I have it I will like it. I could be a lost cause though because I don't even use my rain sensing wipers or the adaptive cruise I have on my car now.

Yeah...its obvious... I am old, so maybe that has a lot to do with the whatthehellisitfor that goes around my head when I think about an ipad on my dash. :)

Ghajini

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went for OBX because of the Lux package
Sponsored