Sponsored

BIG BEND (sas and mid) vs BLACK DIAMOND (mid only)

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll likely be between these two possible set ups.
2 door Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid
Or
2 door Black Diamond with just the mid.

the Sasquatch package just looks great. Won’t be off roading every weekend or anything, it will be a DD. Thoughts on if the Sasquatch package will affect gas MPG ?

just looking for some 2 cent. Thanks.
Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have finally settled on the Black Diamond with Sasquatch and Mid Package. The color choice is VERY difficult but narrowed down to the CG vs Area 51.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll likely be between these two possible set ups.
2 door Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid
Or
2 door Black Diamond with just the mid.

the Sasquatch package just looks great. Won’t be off roading every weekend or anything, it will be a DD. Thoughts on if the Sasquatch package will affect gas MPG ?

just looking for some 2 cent. Thanks.
If you're looking for MPG leave the Sasquatch a myth lol

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like Black Diamond with mid. Rear locker is enough to get me out of any situation I would find myself in, lighter weight front axle is just fine, and I can put whatever tires I want on it if I want to move up in size.

It has the rock rails, heavier bumper, and crash plate so it's got some light offroad protection.

BD with 32s is for sure getting better mileage than the Sasquatch. For the same tire brand, the 35s weigh 20lbs more than the 32s...EACH.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I’m thinking I want the BD for the vinyl seats, will do Mid package then will upgrade tires / wheels accessories in the future.

Sponsored

Trainer14

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape 2.5 and 2020 F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm torn between the Big Bend, Black Diamond, and the Outer Banks. I will be adding a hard top. With the BB and BD I would be adding the Mid package (need Heated seats!!!) but for the cost to upgrade from BB to BD for skid plates (std) or upgrading to OB for Mid (std) and no manual available. May just go with BD and add wheels at a later date.... Hmmmmm....

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond with mid for me. I only want the looks of the Sasquatch, which I'll add with bigger tires and a 2" lift later for less money.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond with mid for me. I only want the looks of the Sasquatch, which I'll add with bigger tires and a 2" lift later for less money.
What part of the country are you in?

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like Black Diamond with mid. Rear locker is enough to get me out of any situation I would find myself in, lighter weight front axle is just fine, and I can put whatever tires I want on it if I want to move up in size.

It has the rock rails, heavier bumper, and crash plate so it's got some light offroad protection.

BD with 32s is for sure getting better mileage than the Sasquatch. For the same tire brand, the 35s weigh 20lbs more than the 32s...EACH.
I would agree with you if the Sasquach package did not add some items that really allow the Bronco to do what it is capable of. Besides the 35" inch tires you are getting some serious off road ability with the electronic locking front and rear axles, 4.7 drive ratio, high clearance factory suspension (under factory warranty), position sensing Bilstein shocks and high clearance fender flares. Even if you do not intend to go rock crawling, I certainly don't think I will do much more than dirt or gravel, the Sasquached Bronco just manages to look so handsome and at the same time brutish and bad ass. It just comes alive.

For my money unless this package is priced over 7-8K, it is the one extra I would no forego.
Besides the capability, remember that the Bronco's looks just go to a different level with this package and what is the value of feeling like a million dollars every time you look at your awesome ride and to know what it can do. Priceless :)

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would agree with you if the Sasquach package did not add some items that really allow the Bronco to do what it is capable of. Besides the 35" inch tires you are getting some serious off road ability with the electronic locking front and rear axles, 4.7 drive ratio, high clearance factory suspension (under factory warranty), position sensing Bilstein shocks and high clearance fender flares. Even if you do not intend to go rock crawling, I certainly don't think I will do much more than dirt or gravel, the Sasquached Bronco just manages to look so handsome and at the same time brutish and bad ass. It just comes alive.

For my money unless this package is priced over 7-8K, it is the one extra I would no forego.
Besides the capability, remember that the Bronco's looks just go to a different level with this package and what is the value of feeling like a million dollars every time you look at your awesome ride and to know what it can do. Priceless :)
I think you could probably achieve the same look within tires and an additional mod or two at most... probably not worth the $ of you won’t use it hard

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you could probably achieve the same look within tires and an additional mod or two at most... probably not worth the $ of you won’t use it hard
Depends on the price of the Sasquatch package. Some are saying it's not over $4k. If so it's a no brainer since you will get the warranty....and the perfect look.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the price of the Sasquatch package. Some are saying it's not over $4k. If so it's a no brainer since you will get the warranty....and the perfect look.
IMO... it will be pricier. But that’s just me. Saving significant money via tires and a 2 inch lift.
Sponsored