Sponsored

Big Bend Sasquatch not a popular choice??

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did a search and while I have found a few, it doesn't look like overall a Big Bend Sasquatch is a very popular choice. Are people just opting for a Badlands non Sas for around $700 more. Or just bumping up to a Wildtrak??
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did a search and while I have found a few, it doesn't look like overall a Big Bend Sasquatch is a very popular choice. Are people just opting for a Badlands non Sas for around $700 more. Or just bumping up to a Wildtrak??
I have been really happy with mine. Dealer steered me in this direction to get it quicker since I originally had a Wildtrak Hardtop ordered. What I have learned so far is that we are all addicted to our Broncos and there are so many things to add that they really become "customized quickly". It truly is an addiction but I love it and it is an awesome vehicle. I can't go to the store without it being surrounded by people asking questions and wanting to see it.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been really happy with mine. Dealer steered me in this direction to get it quicker since I originally had a Wildtrak Hardtop ordered. What I have learned so far is that we are all addicted to our Broncos and there are so many things to add that they really become "customized quickly". It truly is an addiction but I love it and it is an awesome vehicle. I can't go to the store without it being surrounded by people asking questions and wanting to see it.
Did you go 2.7 or 2.3 on the BBS?? I was 100% team 2.7 from day one. But with so many issues, and the fact that the 2.3 impressed me, I decided on the 2.3. And I loved my 2.7 F-150.

Outside of the 2.7 and digital camo interior, and black beauty rings I don't see much difference between a BBS with mid and a Wildtrak.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can get a Base SAS (upgraded axles, better gearing, Lockers front and rear, upgraded tires, and the ungraded 4wheel system), for about the same price of the BB with a leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter and passenger grab handle. I understand there's a reason to get the BB if you want a manual.

Edit. My mistake about thinking this was about the BB nonSAS, the OP couldn't have been more clearer.

Last edited:

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I originally was a BigBend Sasquatch reservation holder... and, yes, I did just opt for the Wildtrak.
More bang for the buck since I wanted the MIC anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can get a Base SAS (upgraded axles, better gearing, Lockers front and rear, upgraded tires, and the ungraded 4wheel system), for about the same price of the BB with a leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter and passenger grab handle. I understand there's a reason to get the BB if you want a manual.
Actually BB because I want the Mid package. I'd love to have an MT. But I'm not young anymore and have a bad knee.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I originally was a BigBend Sasquatch reservation holder... and, yes, I did just opt for the Wildtrak.
More bang for the buck since I wanted the MIC anyway.
I thought the Wildtrak came with a softie now.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you go 2.7 or 2.3 on the BBS?? I was 100% team 2.7 from day one. But with so many issues, and the fact that the 2.3 impressed me, I decided on the 2.3. And I loved my 2.7 F-150.

Outside of the 2.7 and digital camo interior, and black beauty rings I don't see much difference between a BBS with mid and a Wildtrak.
I went 2.7 and it has been awesome. I have the 2.7 in my 2015 f150 also and it has been amazing...90k and runs better than new. The new 2.7 is slightly different but man does it have the hp and torque. I'm sure there are some lemons but if you get a good one and take care of it they last forever. I have the fabric interior and it is has been great and should be cooler in the summer. Didn't like the silver rings at first but they are growing on me and I think offer a good contrast vs blacking it a out like everyone does on black vehicles. Easy to sell the wheels and buy aftermarket for the same price if you don't like them. Just my opinion but sometimes the more technology the more issues...my wife's Mercedes is overengineered and always has some issue. Just had it ceramic coated and PPF in front to protect it. Also I have found that you can add parts after you buy like rock rails. A lot of members upgrade to aftermarket so buy what they take-off for 1/2 price or better. Key to me if the auxillary switches and LED lights...all other stuff is easy to add later.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought the Wildtrak came with a softie now.
Correct, it does now. That is the price guarantee difference from Ford for the 4 door. $695.
So, I sill get hard top 'standard'.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is what I eventually ordered, but it's not for everyone. I wanted to Sas whatever I decided on. The dealer closest to me has a Badlands demo, and the one I ordered from has a Wildtrack. The Badlands was significantly louder (3-4 db) on the
same stretch of road despite being on AT's vs MT's. My dog's nails also did some damage to the MGV. He's a wolf hybrid with very long, sharp nails so probably not a concern for most people with dogs. Thus any trim with MGV was out for me. The OBX with Sas and a 2.7 is also more expensive than either a similarly equipped Wildtrak or BB, and I didn't like how either interior option looked with my exterior color choice. So I went with the base Wildtrack. However after getting pushed to a '22 and ford taking away alot of the cosmetic upgrades on the WT I switched to a Sas. BB with the Mid and 2.7, or what I call a faux Wildtrack. Mechanically and functionaly the same as a base Wildtrack but a few grand cheaper. The only differences are the goat modes (that can be activated with Forscan anyways) and a couple trim bits.

I know most people would think the cost difference to go from the second from the bottom to the top trim alone is worth it, but I don't really care. The resale implications of a $50k BB are probably worse, but I don't intend to ever sell it so I don't really care.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went 2.7 and it has been awesome. I have the 2.7 in my 2015 f150 also and it has been amazing...90k and runs better than new. The new 2.7 is slightly different but man does it have the hp and torque. I'm sure there are some lemons but if you get a good one and take care of it they last forever. I have the fabric interior and it is has been great and should be cooler in the summer. Didn't like the silver rings at first but they are growing on me and I think offer a good contrast vs blacking it a out like everyone does on black vehicles. Easy to sell the wheels and buy aftermarket for the same price if you don't like them. Just my opinion but sometimes the more technology the more issues...my wife's Mercedes is overengineered and always has some issue. Just had it ceramic coated and PPF in front to protect it. Also I have found that you can add parts after you buy like rock rails. A lot of members upgrade to aftermarket so buy what they take-off for 1/2 price or better. Key to me if the auxillary switches and LED lights...all other stuff is easy to add later.
I'm of the same belief. Only order what is not easily added on your own later. Mid and advance 4x4 are the must haves for me. Signature lighting is nice and I would get it. But it will be an easy upgrade once the aftermarket catches up. If they offered advance 4x4 on the BB without Sas I'd get it. But with the fact I'll upgrade to 35s and do a lift anyway I don't mind the added $4200 Sas cost.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is what I eventually ordered, but it's not for everyone. I wanted to Sas whatever I decided on. The dealer closest to me has a Badlands demo, and the one I ordered from has a Wildtrack. The Badlands was significantly louder (3-4 db) on the
same stretch of road despite being on AT's vs MT's. My dog's nails also did some damage to the MGV. He's a wolf hybrid with very long, sharp nails so probably not a concern for most people with dogs. Thus any trim with MGV was out for me. The OBX with Sas and a 2.7 is also more expensive than either a similarly equipped Wildtrak or BB, and I didn't like how either interior option looked with my exterior color choice. So I went with the base Wildtrack. However after getting pushed to a '22 and ford taking away alot of the cosmetic upgrades on the WT I switched to a Sas. BB with the Mid and 2.7, or what I call a faux Wildtrack. Mechanically and functionaly the same as a base Wildtrack but a few grand cheaper. The only differences are the goat modes (that can be activated with Forscan anyways) and a couple trim bits.

I know most people would think the cost difference to go from the second from the bottom to the top trim alone is worth it, but I don't really care. The resale implications of a $50k BB are probably worse, but I don't intend to ever sell it so I don't really care.

I'm actually on an OBX high with advance 4x4 now. I started weighing out the cost of what I'd do after the fact. Wheels, tires, lift alone. OBX wheels and tires aren't getting much of anything on the secondary market. I don't like the gloss black grille so that would be another purchase if I couldn't do a trade. Plus I really want Cyber Orange and not a big fan of either interior choice with it.

With the BB Sasquatch the only thing I'll do is switch to Toyo AT3s in 35x11.5x17, add OBX painted flares, Go Rhino RB20 side steps and I'll be good to go. And I think the medium sandstone interior optionywill look awesome with Cyber Orange.

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base Squatch gives everything one truly needs and way cheaper than a BB. For the 4.5k price, you gain a steering wheel and shift knob cover and a grab handle that most the time is unneeded and in the way. I will buy a real leather wheel cover and shift knob aftermarket. I will probably add heated seats for a few hundred bucks aftermarket. big bend just doesn’t make financial sense… ford knows this so they tried to put some options exclusively to it. But seems most embraced aftermarket and stayed base squatch. Ford would have made more money combining base and big bend with more “a la carte” options. Certain things I’d paid for. But not when hidden behind a 4.5k premium just to get the option to pay for another 3k package that held mostly stuff I didn’t want.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m been waiting on a Badlands for awhile, the base with Sasquatch is starting to look good

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a 2921 Sas Base but when I reorder for 2022 I went with a BB sas because I wanted the mid package but I really like the BD and BL but not a fan of the vinyl seats
Sponsored