Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have an opportunity to get a big bend with standard package now… I have ordered a black Diamond with mid, however still no build date. My question is the features such as the “updated” technology I think the big bend lacks. I believe it doesn’t have dual AC, vinyl seats, or heat seats those were big things I want along with the driving tech.
Can you add aftermarket things to make this happen to get the bronco now? Or would it be too difficult and I wait for mine to at who knows when to come?
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you want the Mid package you won't be happy without it. I don't understand people willing to settle just to have it now.

Yeah there are a few things from the mid package you could add on your own. But they won't be covered under warranty.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Standard or Black Diamond mid 5E2C914C-17E9-457B-9417-F82CA888B3F8

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my advice is exactly opposite as above, you should order exactly what you want and if that means being patient, do it that way. You will always regret compromising now. Besides, I think the mid-package is worth the extra moula and I appreciate those features.

I got a BD with mid package, waited for it, did not compromise on anything (I got the MIC, tow, 2.7, auto, tow) and now love what I waited for.

also, the MGV is simply awesome and worth waiting for it. It is way better than cloth and frankly better than leather.

happy choosing!

and, DO NOT forget to take the upfitter switches if available on your trim. They are worth a ton of money afterwards!

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want the Mid package you won't be happy without it. I don't understand people willing to settle just to have it now.

Yeah there are a few things from the mid package you could add on your own. But they won't be covered under warranty.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Standard or Black Diamond mid 5E2C914C-17E9-457B-9417-F82CA888B3F8
That’s the thing I don’t want to settle. I’m willing to wait. It was more like if I could add minor things then it would be worth it to have it now. I don’t know a lot about aftermarket things so I was just wondering.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Order what you want and then be comfortable living with it. Went BB mid and I truly believe it's the best value for the money in the entire line-up (outside of the locking diffs, etc - those things all have their place)

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BB without mid is kind of an odd trim to me, it seems like unlocking packages is the only reason to get a BB over a base. But seeing as it's already built that's beside the point.

I would wait for yours.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s the thing I don’t want to settle. I’m willing to wait. It was more like if I could add minor things then it would be worth it to have it now. I don’t know a lot about aftermarket things so I was just wondering.

There are aftermarket solutions for bigger options in the mid package like heated seats, auto dim rear view mirror and remote start. Don't know if the proximity locks can be retrofitted. You could probably rig up an 110v with your own inverter. But you won't get dual zone climate, reverse sensing on what's included in the Co-Pilot 360 package.

If you can live without the mid package and be happy by all means go for it. But will you be truly happy or just be settling??? Food for thought.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BB without mid is kind of an odd trim to me, it seems like unlocking packages is the only reason to get a BB over a base. But seeing as it's already built that's beside the point.

I would wait for yours.
I think that's pretty much it, especially if you want the manual transmission. Plus, if you unlock enough options you might as well just go to the Black Diamond, unless you want cloth seats and carpet. The extras you get with the Big Bend don't seem worth the price increase.

(I mean, BD, BB, and 7mt, dammit, that's seven seconds of my life I'll never get back).

okccj

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my advice is exactly opposite as above, you should order exactly what you want and if that means being patient, do it that way. You will always regret compromising now. Besides, I think the mid-package is worth the extra moula and I appreciate those features.

I got a BD with mid package, waited for it, did not compromise on anything (I got the MIC, tow, 2.7, auto, tow) and now love what I waited for.

also, the MGV is simply awesome and worth waiting for it. It is way better than cloth and frankly better than leather.

happy choosing!

and, DO NOT forget to take the upfitter switches if available on your trim. They are worth a ton of money afterwards!
That's the exact build I want. When did you order your BD and when did you receive it?

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's the exact build I want. When did you order your BD and when did you receive it?
Reserved july 14 2020 around 3 a.m., because their site kept crashing

Ordered January 21 2021

Got production rescheduled 5 or 6 times

Finally was produced Oct 27/28

Delivered December 1st

Now have just under 2000 miles.

And the thing drives like a dream. 😋

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Linkster02,
I believe trying to add the options that are available in the mid package would end up costing you more than the mid package would. Additionally, as others have pointed out, none of your additions would be covered by the Ford warranties. Like you, I still await my bronco, but I am not going to sacrifice my options so that I can get it faster. Good luck and I hope you get your bronco sooner, rather than later.
Sponsored