First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've ordered a 4 door Big Bend 2.7 mid package, soft top, rear locker with towing but after watching the KOH videos, I'm jelly. Will I regret not paying the extra $6K +/- for the Badlands same set up (minus mid)? Yeah, I could save by getting 2.3, but over time I don't trust durability of smaller engine. I live on east coast, won't be going over Black Bear Pass anytime soon, but could I in the Big Bend? On the beach, YES. Plus snow, ice, occasional dirt/rocky road in NH/VT. Maybe one/two cross country trips over the years. But man, those bigger tires, MGV, stabilizer bar disconnect, 4A (I don't even know what 4A is, but its more expensive so must be better, right?).

Is the Big Bend capable enough?
Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the Big Bend is more than capable enough for you in your environment. You may want to change out the stock tires to something more snow ready.

Same for me. Midwest snow & ice. I originally wanted a BL, but realized that I don't need and wouldn't use most of it's extreme 4wd and rock crawling capabilities. So I'm saving about $7k and getting a 2 dr 2.7 AT Big Bend. Then getting some 33" snow rated tires, and eventually some after market wheels.

anchor!

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your build once you get it will be a dream. It will do everything you need. You'll not be kicking yourself. You'll be driving the heck out it and loving it.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am BB. From a dollars and cents standpoint the Base Squatch is best. From an optimum equipment standpoint a Badlands Sqautched or not is best. But overall, for what I want the BB is the way to go for me, a balance of cost, preferred equipment and performance. And I assure you any Bronco in any trim with any equipment would be able to complete the trails shown in the KOH videos. As far as engine remember even the 2.3 will have more power than any Bronco ever.

Oh and BTW the BB will do fine on Black Bear, it's really not that rough, but requires steady nerves.
Sponsored

Last edited: