Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all,

I have a reservation for the 4 Door Big Bend. I went with the Big Bend because I’m a fan of the grill and was attracted to the option to add the mid package. After thinking about it more, I don’t really need all that extra tech in this vehicle, especially considering the cost.

I am committed to a manual transmission (because I want it) and the 4 door because I have two young kids. I see the 2 door Base comes standard with the manual and the auto is an optional upgrade, but the 4 door Base comes standard with the auto and the manual does not appear to be an option. It caused me to do some math.

In all other trims, it costs $2,495 to go from 2 door to 4 door. The Base 2 door w/ the manual costs $28,500. So, it should only cost $30,995 to get a Base 4 door manual, if available (versus the $33,200 w/ the auto). The Big Bend 4 door manual costs $35,880. I understand this is a hypothetical comparison (unless Ford offers the Base 4 door with a manual) but, what all am I getting for that extra $4,885 to go from Base to Big Bend?

Looking at the specs, all I’m seeing is LED Fog Lamps, Privacy Glass, Leather wrapped steering wheel, An extra GOAT mode (does that even apply to the manual?), and the upgraded grill, wheels, and tires. I’m just not seeing $5K there, especially if I want to upgrade the wheels and tires. Does anyone know if the interior cloth or dashboard trims are going to be upgraded in the Big Bend compared to the Base? Please let me know if I’m missing anything, I’m trying feel OK with my Big Bend reservation.

Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve tried to figure this out myself, as I’d like to bump to BB for the extra colors, but the fact is the base model is the loss leader (specifically the 2D).

Don’t think you’re missing anything, it’s just a very large price jump between the two trims because the Big Bend has that ~4K baked in that you need to stomach.

I’ve looked at it pretty much every way trying to justify the BB jump because I want to have the option of CG or A51 but it just doesn’t work out. You’re not getting a lot for a very big price difference— base is the loss leader so pricing is kept artificially low.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was in the same bounce but was mandated 4 door. I then I asked the better half fog lamp or big tires? She said big tires, so base squatch it is.

colind

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in a similar situation with the 2 door base vs BB. I'm still hoping there will be a few extras on the BB they haven't released yet, but based on what we currently know, it will be hard to justify the extra cost.

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted in another thread, there's no real substantial reason to go Big Bend, unless you really want a certain color that isn't available in Base, and you really want/need the Mid Package, which is an additional (at this time estimated at) $1600.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't try and make sense of the pricing, they're screwing with it to maximize profits

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP, I have tried to shed light on this for folks considering the 4 door Big Bend. It’s just not worth the upgrade in my opinion. The only way it makes sense in my eyes is if:

-The base colors aren’t doing it for you

-You need/want mid package

-You want a rear locker without squatching but don’t want the vinyl seats in the Black Diamond. I know this thread is Base vs BB but it’s hard not to include the BD if you’re considering a rear locker. I would imagine a consumer wanting a rear locker would be interested in the BD standard features (rock sliders, heavy duty modular bumper, rear steel bumper, 4.46 gearing, etc).

Ford screwed up the BB pricing bad unless I’m missing something (which is possible).

Reactions: RG7
OP
OP
Bronco32

Bronco32

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP, I have tried to shed light on this for folks considering the 4 door Big Bend. It’s just not worth the upgrade in my opinion. The only way it makes sense in my eyes is if:

-The base colors aren’t doing it for you

-You need/want mid package

-You want a rear locker without squatching but don’t want the vinyl seats in the Black Diamond. I know this thread is Base vs BB but it’s hard not to include the BD if you’re considering a rear locker. I would imagine a consumer wanting a rear locker would be interested in the BD standard features (rock sliders, heavy duty modular bumper, rear steel bumper, 4.46 gearing, etc).

Ford screwed up the BB pricing bad unless I’m missing something (which is possible).
The issue for me is getting a manual transmission in a 4 door. Big Bend is the lowest trim it is offered in which is how I'm landing there. I'm not looking for an off-road warrior so the jump to the BD isn't enticing to me and the OBX is going to be out of my price range.

The only thing I can hope for at this point is if Ford lets us pair a manual transmission with the Sasquatch package and makes it available in the Base package (probably a stretch).

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fact that the BB can be had with the mid package means that Ford made it mid pack ready with any wiring and other prep needed. That prep plus the few extras you do get with the BB over the Base likely account for the price differential.

If one does not want the mid package there is no reason to pick the BB over the Base.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco32

Bronco32

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fact that the BB can be had with the mid package means that Ford made it mid pack ready with any wiring and other prep needed. That prep plus the few extras you do get with the BB over the Base likely account for the price differential.

If one does not want the mid package there is no reason to pick the BB over the Base.
Only reason is manual transmission with a 4 door, which isn't currently offered in the Base. You're probably right about the wiring, that takes the sting away a little bit.....

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My attraction to big bend is the tire upgrade and cheap mid package upgrade. If they allow squat hits on a manual and it is 4K rather than say a 5k upgrade, then I’m going base manual squatch though.