David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Comparing a Base to Big Bend. I would go 2 Door, 7-spd. What are you really getting over the base model?

What Is see:
Extra Grab Handle
17" Alloys (with bigger Tires)
One more G.O.A.T Mode
Leather wrapped Wheel and Knob.
Different Grill
Fog Lights
Availability to other colors

Anything else? And Is it worth the $5,000 over base? I guess not for me cause I would want to switch out the tires whether I get the base or BB. I guess I don't see the value in the other items unless I am missing something.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you dont get the mid package, I think you should stay with Base.
This ^

However I think the big bend is worth it over the base, any amount of money to get away from the steelies is worth it to me lol.

I will also add in that the 2 dr base is intentially underpriced so Ford can advertise a starting price of 28k. Don't be shocked to see that price jump in MY22 or 23 to narrow the gap between big bend

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Comparing a Base to Big Bend. I would go 2 Door, 7-spd. What are you really getting over the base model?

What Is see:
Extra Grab Handle
17" Alloys (with bigger Tires)
One more G.O.A.T Mode
Leather wrapped Wheel and Knob.
Different Grill
Fog Lights
Availability to other colors

Anything else? And Is it worth the $5,000 over base? I guess not for me cause I would want to switch out the tires whether I get the base or BB. I guess I don't see the value in the other items unless I am missing something.
No rear diff lock option on the Base ($795). That's a big one for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This ^

However I think the big bend is worth it over the base, any amount of money to get away from the steelies is worth it to me lol.

I will also add in that the 2 dr base is intentially underpriced so Ford can advertise a starting price of 28k. Don't be shocked to see that price jump in MY22 or 23 to narrow the gap between big bend
I don't know why but I like the steel wheels ha. Tires are much to be desired on the base however.. I haven't liked what I have seen in photos of the BB alloys but they probably will look alot better in person. hmm

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This ^

I don't know why but I like the steel wheels ha. Tires are much to be desired on the base however.. I haven't liked what I have seen in photos of the BB alloys but they probably will look alot better in person. hmm
I do know why I like steel wheels. They are not ornamental and blingy like flashy jewery. You can pound them back into shape or weld them for repairs, wherever you are. Real overlanders (people who are serious about this) have steel wheels and they have smaller tires. You will NEVER see 35s with alloy wheels on overlanding vehicles in the middle off Africa or South America.

Steel wheels have off-roaders credibility, they are definitely not just for jumping the curb and climbing the berm in between the Chick-Fil-A and the mall.

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do know why I like steel wheels. They are not ornamental and blingy like flashy jewery. You can pound them back into shape or weld them for repairs, wherever you are. Real overlanders (people who are serious about this) have steel wheels and they have smaller tires. You will NEVER see 35s on overloading vehicles in the middle off Africa or South America.

Steel wheels have off-roaders credibility, they are definitely not just for jumping the curb and climbing the berm in between the Chick-Fil-A and the mall.
Oh I know they have a purpose and serve that purpose tremendously. I just can't stand the look of them especially on a 30K+ vehicle. They just look cheap to me, like you went to the junkyard and pulled them off a pile so you could drive away lol

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh I know they have a purpose and serve that purpose tremendously. I just can't stand the look of them especially on a 30K+ vehicle. They just look cheap to me, like you went to the junkyard and pulled them off a pile so you could drive away lol
I wouldn't mind the wheels. I do wish you could have the dealer flash the CPU with 32" tire size. I hadn't realized Ford took that ability away from the dealer, though I understand why.

Everyone has to work within their budget and place in life. My decision would have been so much easier 20 years ago, when my money was tight, and I would have happily got the base. I think its a great looking rig, and the more I read, the less I believe lockers are needed. TC is getting better, and likely will eventually eliminate the need for them.

I am between BB, BD and OBX. No SAS. Sometimes the Base still calls to me, but I guess I am getting old and want the safety features that are added in the Mid.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't mind the wheels. I do wish you could have the dealer flash the CPU with 32" tire size. I hadn't realized Ford took that ability away from the dealer, though I understand why.

Everyone has to work within their budget and place in life. My decision would have been so much easier 20 years ago, when my money was tight, and I would have happily got the base. I think its a great looking rig, and the more I read, the less I believe lockers are needed. TC is getting better, and likely will eventually eliminate the need for them.

I am between BB, BD and OBX. No SAS. Sometimes the Base still calls to me, but I guess I am getting old and want the safety features that are added in the Mid.
I have not heard about the dealers not being able to change the tire size. Just a few weeks ago I was told be the dealer they could. hmm news to me.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the other hand putting a limited slip in the open 4.46 rear will suit my driving needs

Now that 5k extra is saying lift , wheels , tires

After seeing a rapid red in the sun it will work just fine

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The BB intrigues me, I like the wheels, tires are OK, I can get a 4.27 locker, tint and grill are nice and it opens up A51, the package looks sweet IMHO. But I'm at $37K. I figure you're getting about $3K in value for the $5K the BB costs.
The Base is still a better value but damn I like the looks of the A51 BB

Ford Bronco Big Bend Vs Base 1608663098485

EDIT: In fact I'm changing my avatar
Sponsored

Last edited: