First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I saw a video posted on Facebook of a Big Bend and OBX traveling down the highway. As the Big Bend went by the person taking the video you could see that the taillights were LED. You could see the tell tale flicker that LEDs have when recorded on video. This might confirm my theory that you get LED taillights when you get BLIS like other Ford vehicles.

I tried to save the video to post here but you can't do that on FB.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope B/P will clarify a few of these "packages" that we are making assumptions on. There is no listing on options for taillights. Just an option on the headlights.
The same can be said about the front modular steel bumper. No where is the rear steel bumper listed as a separate option. The assumption is that it is included when optioning the front steel.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope B/P will clarify a few of these "packages" that we are making assumptions on. There is no listing on options for taillights. Just an option on the headlights.
The same can be said about the front modular steel bumper. No where is the rear steel bumper listed as a separate option. The assumption is that it is included when optioning the front steel.
As I said it is just my theory. On several other Ford vehicles when you get BLIS it automatically comes with LED taillights. It's not listed as an option. It's just one of the features of BLIS.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope so. Buyers who are choosing an option such as the signature headlights certainly don't want a mismatch on the rear. Same goes for the bumper. If someone is upgrading to steel in the front, they certainly don't want to settle for plastic in the rear.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope so. Buyers who are choosing an option such as the signature headlights certainly don't want a mismatch on the rear. Same goes for the bumper. If someone is upgrading to steel in the front, they certainly don't want to settle for plastic in the rear.
Just my opinion but I wouldn't consider LED headlights and incandescent taillights so much as a mismatch. Headlights light out. Taillights just light up. Not a deal breaker for me. Now LED headlights and incandescent fog lights would be a mismatch for sure.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I saw a video posted on Facebook of a Big Bend and OBX traveling down the highway. As the Big Bend went by the person taking the video you could see that the taillights were LED. You could see the tell tale flicker that LEDs have when recorded on video. This might confirm my theory that you get LED taillights when you get BLIS like other Ford vehicles.

I tried to save the video to post here but you can't do that on FB.
Pure "BLIS-S" :love:
Sponsored