Sponsored

Big Dealerships dont want our Order transfers.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many of us are in trouble with the new allocation model with relatively smaller dealers with a large number of reservations.

Taking the advice of @mrlevine (" You can take your order to another dealer if you think the one you’re at has too many reservations and you want it faster") I began to shop around to the larger dealerships (Top 20 in the US) in the nearest large city in an attempt to move my reservation to improve my chances of getting a bronco...ever.

Source:

That when I received two surprises:

1) The dealerships notified me that they are unable to transfer reservations at this time. They would have to give me a retail order and have been explicitly told by Ford reservation transfers are not allowed for FY22.​
2)Further, even if they could transfer the reservation they wouldn't honor my reservation timestamp because they don't want to risk alienating their current reservation holders by someone like me (7/13 @ 10p EST) getting in front of them and if they did transfer me they would 99 my order until everyone else in line was taken care of.​

I'm not going to lie, I was pleasantly surprised the dealerships took this stance and I am happy that they are taking care of people who have been waiting with them, I cant fault them there.

This is, however, just further evidence that your reservation timestamp means nothing and that despite what Ford says its not just as simple as transferring to a larger dealership after they screwed up this entire model.

What tag are we using now? #FordLies, #NeverTrustFord, #BaitandSwitch? I cant keep up since this is the 437th time they've pulled this during this launch.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mad respect for this:

“2)Further, even if they could transfer the reservation they wouldn't honor my reservation timestamp because they don't want to risk alienating their current reservation holders by someone like me (7/13 @ 10p EST) getting in front of them and if they did transfer me they would 99 my order until everyone else in line was taken care of.”

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the sense that something's gonna have to give over at Ford. There's too many strong arguments why the new formula sucks, and not any kind of way under the current system to provide relief to affected customers.

Making people at a few select dealerships wait until 2024 or even late 2023 while identical stock Broncos are for sale over at the MegaMart isn't a viable business plan.

And "Go pay more money to a dealer you hate who won't even accept your reservation" isn't a solution that works for people.

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yikes, well here's hoping for a Bronco and not a Wrangler for me next year.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who could have possibly seen this coming??

Muchos gracias for putting in the actual leg work.

200.gif
Every Ford statement I read seemed to explicitly say something to the effect of there would be no dealer stock built before reservations were fulfilled for model year 2021.

It always struck me as suspicious the way they were certain to clarify "2021" every time.
Of course, commodity shortages forced them to go back on that also.
So, yeah , not surprised that it happened, but I am surprised at how hard they are fucking over the reservations holders at the few honest dealers.

Typical of the auto sales industry I suppose.
The sleazy apple doesn't fall far from the sleazy tree.

Keep that in mind when you need to rely on your warranty .... from a company whose CEO has made it a top priority to reduce warranty costs.
Note he has not stated HOW they will reduce those costs.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every Ford statement I read seemed to explicitly say something to the effect of there would be no dealer stock built before reservations were fulfilled for model year 2021.

It always struck me as suspicious the way they were certain to clarify "2021" every time.
Of course, commodity shortages forced them to go back on that also.
So, yeah , not surprised that it happened, but I am surprised at how hard they are fucking over the reservations holders at the few honest dealers.

Typical of the auto sales industry I suppose.
The sleazy apple doesn't fall far from the sleazy tree.

Keep that in mind when you need to rely on your warranty .... from a company whose CEO has made it a top priority to reduce warranty costs.
Note he has not stated HOW they will reduce those costs.
Lots of little "technical" language like that. I feel like an idiot for buying into this process.

Time for some serious honest talk about how long they are going to take to fill reservations.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Contrary to what this dealer told you concerning transferring your reservation, Ford rep told me directly, transfers can occur once MY 22 orders open.

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Contrary to what this dealer told you concerning transferring your reservation, Ford rep told me directly, transfers can occur once MY 22 orders open.
If the receiving dealer treats transfers like a pirah then it is still not a realistic solution.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure as hell wouldn't want to transfer to the dealer Eric just talked to.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless we can force a dealer to disclose their allocation and take our reservation transfer for MSRP there is really no ability to transfer. Even if Ford technically allows it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless we can force a dealer to disclose their allocation and take our reservation transfer for MSRP there is really no ability to transfer. Even if Ford technically allows it.
Never believe what a dealer says. BTW, YOU transfer your reservation. The dealer has no input in your decision. If your time stamp is ahead of all their other reservations, so what? YOU made the early reservation. Regardless of your dealer, your early time stamp supposedly puts you up front. Your order then alters your delivery status. You order a commodity prohibited model, then countless others, with later reservations ,but buildable orders will receive their Bronco ahead of you. You could be number two in an allotment of fifty, but order the wrong optioned model and you may as well be fifty one on the allotment list. ( See the saga “they ordered an FE“)As has been pointed out, we have no idea what a dealers allotment is. If anyone thinks for a second a dealer wouldn’t lie, alter, or shuffle their mythical allotment in order to line their bottom line then they are crazy. Dealers are NOT your friends. Of course we all have another option, and that is to cancel the reservations for the refund and tell Ford to pound sand. I am a life long passionate Ford owner. I am an official geezer. I am about to sit down with my chosen dealer. I already know my specific order will cause a delay in delivery. It might be this time next year before I see my Bronco. Understandable under the current restrictions. If i don’t get a locked and signed off agreed price, that does not exceed the sticker, then I will cancel, and walk away. After that, it will take some extraordinary deal in order to get me to buy a new Ford. Three years from now, Ford will be begging folks to buy their Broncos.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't that be a hoot!!!

If you could forcibly Jam your early reservations at the mega dealers so that it pisses off their regular customers ..... a little bit of their own medicine. LMAO!!
Sponsored