First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m a noob with the off-road stuff, I like Ford, and the bronco(s)..the sport would be more for me, but I’m afraid it will not be big enough.

Batteries lose some power in colder temperatures where I live, but for mileage I’d probably look at a hybrid if offered on the bronco.

For those that actually use their vehicle off-road...wouldn’t a hybrid and the immediate torque be a good thing? Just curious ...thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m a noob with the off-road stuff, I like Ford, and the bronco(s)..the sport would be more for me, but I’m afraid it will not be big enough.

Batteries lose some power in colder temperatures where I live, but for mileage I’d probably look at a hybrid if offered on the bronco.

For those that actually use their vehicle off-road...wouldn’t a hybrid and the immediate torque be a good thing? Just curious ...thanks
Electric torque is great, battery weight is not.

Depends where your priorities are.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At a cost. If you're far from an extraction point, parts, fuel etc. you want simplicity and reliability.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At a cost. If you're far from an extraction point, parts, fuel etc. you want simplicity and reliability.
Anyone make submersible electric drive trains that can survive being stuck 24 hours or more
underwater. (sometimes you have to go get help, and you don't get unstuck til the next day)

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t read all the thread so forgive me if this has been said 16 times
I think an electric or hybrid Bronco will happen before a factory V8. That said, if you were designing a retro vehicle wouldn’t you at least make an effort to offer a limited edition with a 302?
To me the Bronco screams 302 and straight front axle. But I love mine anyway, just wish it sounded like it had a V8. The 2.3 and 2.7 are amazing engines but I miss my dinosaurs.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rise from your grave!!!

why revive this old thread? There is zero chance of V8 Bronco being offered for sale. A hybrid Bronco would be awesome (as long as it not the useless one in the Explorer) and electric one is for sure coming but what a waste.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t read all the thread ...

Holy necro posting Batman!!!

There was no need to read the whole thread, just look at the date on the post above yours ... the last post was 3 years ago!!

LOL, I've learned to try and always verify how old the thread is AND make sure you are in the correct forum.
(The Raptor guys LOVE when you crap up their threads with info about OBX's and Badlands models, LOL!!!)

I mean, we dislike starting new threads for every question, but this one is working off of information older than the actual Bronco!

AANNDD, since you went old school and brought up SFA (solid front axle) , I am required by B6G rules to do this ...

wrestling-throwing-chairs-gif.gif

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t even that old. I’m on Subaru and fishing forums where 15 year old threads get bumped ! 😀
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Fly