Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's to hoping it'll get a top of the line v8 option, even if it's a limited model like the raptor. Baja bronco 2.0 ?‍♂
Regardless, if it has a turbo 4 or twin turbo 6 I'm just happy it's coming back.
Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No offense, it most likely won't. It would be nice buuuuut it's not what Ford want or is going for v8s are pretty much dead in midsize hell even the v6 is on its way out

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Long time Jeep guy, looking at the new Bronco, do the Eco boost engines require premium unleaded?
Only the upper end EcoBoost engines, like the one in the Raptor require premium fuel. The 2.3 in the Ranger and the regular F-150 engines only require regular fuel.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's to hoping it'll get a top of the line v8 option, even if it's a limited model like the raptor. Baja bronco 2.0 ?‍♂
Regardless, if it has a turbo 4 or twin turbo 6 I'm just happy it's coming back.
I'm with ya. It would be awesome, but I really doubt it. Even the raptor is a v6. Ford wants small turbo engines to be their future....
But yeah, I'm just super excited to see the bronco coming back... And it isn't anything like the new Blazer.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m going to be honest here. I’ve always been a V8 guy. But I just got an F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost and I have to say, it is impressive. I would never have even considered a V6 truck ten years ago. Now having said that... the 3.5 would be much nicer in the Bronco than the 2.7 ?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If no V-8 from the start, it will not take long for the aftermarket to make a kit to put either a Coyote or Godzilla in one. :LOL:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If no V-8 from the start, it will not take long for the aftermarket to make a kit to put either a Coyote or Godzilla in one. :LOL:

That's where the long hood line comes into play!
The 7.3 is narrower than the mod motors, but longer by some amount.

I thought I read here that the Bronco and Ranger will NOT use the same frame. Same/similar architecture , but the Bronco will use a wider frame. The same goes for Ranger is actually being adapted to fit the Bronco's build specs, not the other way around.
The Bronco is important enough to them that they are making the Ranger the Bronco's bitch in that regard. LOL

I can't imagine a logical reason for them to put a 7.3 in the Bronco, BUT ...... Grand Cherokee SRT anybody? Not to mention the Trackhawk.

From what I have read, the AWD Jeep SRT's are more fun to drive than the Challenger SRT because the acceleration is so freaking brutal due to the AWD.
I would like to experience that.

No way do I see Ford going down that road though. No way.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's where the long hood line comes into play!
The 7.3 is narrower than the mod motors, but longer by some amount.

I thought I read here that the Bronco and Ranger will NOT use the same frame. Same/similar architecture , but the Bronco will use a wider frame. The same goes for Ranger is actually being adapted to fit the Bronco's build specs, not the other way around.
The Bronco is important enough to them that they are making the Ranger the Bronco's bitch in that regard. LOL

I can't imagine a logical reason for them to put a 7.3 in the Bronco, BUT ...... Grand Cherokee SRT anybody? Not to mention the Trackhawk.

From what I have read, the AWD Jeep SRT's are more fun to drive than the Challenger SRT because the acceleration is so freaking brutal due to the AWD.
I would like to experience that.

No way do I see Ford going down that road though. No way.

I highy doubt we will see Godzilla from Ford, but hoping it will fit. :unsure:

On the other note ......……. I believe the same as you. I think it uses the a-arms and coil/strut assembly setup, along with the rear link setup. Ranger keeps its frame just shares the Bronco's suspension architecture.

But the pic is of a Ranger suspension and more importantly the lower control arm !!
It looks VERY familar ...... :unsure: ......... seems like it's the other way around. o_O

Ford Bronco Big hood size, engine optimism ?‍♂️ bds ranger

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No offense, it most likely won't. It would be nice buuuuut it's not what Ford want or is going for v8s are pretty much dead in midsize hell even the v6 is on its way out
It comes down to "What Sales". That's what Ford will want. If a V8 will sale better than a V6TT, you can bet that they will offer it.

.... and all of this V6TT being better than a V8 is BS! You do realize that a Turbo or Supercharger can be Added to a V8, don't you? When you try to compare a NA Motor to a Turbo/Supercharged Motor, it's not an Apple to Apple comparison. The only true way to compare them is to either remove the Turbo/Supercharger and compare them a both are NA.... or install the same Forced Induction on the NA Motor.

getting down off on the soapbox now.......

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It comes down to "What Sales". That's what Ford will want. If a V8 will sale better than a V6TT, you can bet that they will offer it.

.... and all of this V6TT being better than a V8 is BS! You do realize that a Turbo or Supercharger can be Added to a V8, don't you? When you try to compare a NA Motor to a Turbo/Supercharged Motor, it's not an Apple to Apple comparison. The only true way to compare them is to either remove the Turbo/Supercharger and compare them a both are NA.... or install the same Forced Induction on the NA Motor.

getting down off on the soapbox now.......
we get it. “ There’s no replacement for displacement”. Adding forced induction to an already powerful V8 is likely going to make more power than a Turbo 6 but the costs and risks of adding forced induction to an NA car can be too high to be worth it for some. Many Factory Turbo or S/C cars can easily make significant power gains with minimal mods and $$ because the parts are already on the car and the motors designed for boost.

I would like to see a v8 option in the Bronco but the Ecoboost motors have a ton of potential with simple tune.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
......but the costs and risks of adding forced induction to an NA car can be too high to be worth it for some.
The 7.3L Godzilla was designed from the start for Forced Induction, as the Coyote as well, so it would only be a "cost" issue.

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jeep and FCA have had rumors for a long time now regarding a new I6 (Tornado) that is to be used in the Jeep brand. This includes the Wrangler (JL / JT). The numbers have it putting out 360hp in base form and 525HP for the top option. Ford could respond sooner or even beat them in the HP/Torque game even if its not a V8. Both the Wrangler (CJ model) and the early Bronco's could be optioned with a V8 but times are changing regarding drive-train and how they are configured. Even for BOF suvs that have to be designed to except possible full electrification. Ford had an I6 in the Bronco well before the CJ line (1972). An I6 has a great number of advantages over a V6 and wonder if Ford has plans as well? On paper the new FCA I6 should be a great motor but I will hold off and see. Wanted the new 3.0L D in the Gladiator but the proven 3.6L was a safer bet for now.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/11/more-evidence-of-a-new-engine-for-future-jeeps-rams/

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I highy doubt we will see Godzilla from Ford, but hoping it will fit. :unsure:

On the other note ......……. I believe the same as you. I think it uses the a-arms and coil/strut assembly setup, along with the rear link setup. Ranger keeps its frame just shares the Bronco's suspension architecture.

But the pic is of a Ranger suspension and more importantly the lower control arm !!
It looks VERY familar ...... :unsure: ......... seems like it's the other way around. o_O
Has that odd rear positioned sway bar too. Trying to eyeball how to put a disconnecting link on that sucker and lock it out of the way ....

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This right here! I wonder, if it has a 10 speed auto, how difficult it'll be to swap a coyote in there, especially if engine clearance isn't an issue.

I know everyone is doubting a V8, but did anyone think the leaked 2.3 might've been regarding the bronco scout?
If a V8 is available and the 3.5 EV is the top tier engine available, which would you pick?

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This right here! I wonder, if it has a 10 speed auto, how difficult it'll be to swap a coyote in there, especially if engine clearance isn't an issue.
The 7.3L Godzilla is already being offered with the 10 speed auto in the F250's.......
Sponsored