Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I've been skeptical as heck of a V8 being an option in the new bronco, but after letting the leaked images marinate, I can't help but think maybe they will offer a V8 option. The hood certainly looks large enough to accommodate without being shoehorned. Just curious if anyone might feel the same way.
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am generally optimistic until proven completely wrong and even in that case I'll still hold on to false hope.

I also just really really really want an engine nicknamed "Godzilla".

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm of the mindset it simply won't happen. That's just not the direction Ford is moving. They don't even offer a 6 cylinder in the ranger.... And it seems they are trying to phase out the V8 in the F-150...

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They don't even offer a 6 cylinder in the ranger
I've heard that's a packaging issue caused by things they had to add to the global T6 platform to make it meet crash safety standards in the US.

The Ranger is supposed to be getting a refresh after the BroncoBronco comes out. It's possible it will get the same engine options when that happens, although I don't see the Ranger ever getting a V8, even if the Bronco does.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love a coyote hybrid haha. But I’ll take a V6TT hyrbid with no complaints

Sponsored

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm of the mindset it simply won't happen. That's just not the direction Ford is moving. They don't even offer a 6 cylinder in the ranger.... And it seems they are trying to phase out the V8 in the F-150...
I would be shocked if the Ranger refresh, which will use the new T6 frame of the Bronco, doesn't have all the same engine options as the Bronco. The current Ranger is a global platform that wasn't built for the US and the larger engines we prefer.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I very much would prefer a V8 option but I'd be surprised if it happened at this point.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it can give ~300hp and ~400ftlb and most of it down low in the RPM range with smooth consistent delivery, without generating a bunch of extra heat management issues or requiring lots of finicky parts, I don't care if its a big ass twin thumping away.

I would like V8 sound and feel.

I would prefer minimal boost, or none at all -- from the factory.

I would prefer low pressure fuel delivery -- from the factory.

More displacement is better, and I would strongly prefer 3 or more liters.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If it can give ~300hp and ~400ftlb and most of it down low in the RPM range with smooth consistent delivery, without generating a bunch of extra heat management issues or requiring lots of finicky parts, I don't care if its a big ass twin thumping away.

I would like V8 sound and feel.

I would prefer minimal boost, or none at all -- from the factory.

I would prefer low pressure fuel delivery -- from the factory.

More displacement is better, and I would strongly prefer 3 or more liters.
What are your thoughts on the 3.3L NA V6 that serves as the base engine in the F-150 as an engine option for the Bronco?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be fine with the 2.7 ecoboost ...325 HP and 400 lb. -ft. of torque puts Wrangler, 4Runner and similar to shame. A simple tune will add another 50 hp and torque. The 3.0 ecoboost would also be amazing.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are your thoughts on the 3.3L NA V6 that serves as the base engine in the F-150 as an engine option for the Bronco?
Having a NA option would be nice, but I haven't had my hands on any of Ford's smaller NA engines. The 3.5-3.7 would seem better, just glancing at their output figures. I know the base 3.3 engine option in the F150 has an exceptionally small take rate -- much lower than the 5.0 AFAIK.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think the 3.3 NA would be impressive at all in the Bronco. Too low on Torque. Pretty boring, kind of like Wrangler or Toyota’s...Any of the ecoBoost would be better imo, especially if you are into modifying

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The engines I can see for Bronco are the 2.3L 270hp I4, 2.7L 325hp V6 and hopefully the 3.0L 350hp V6 Explorer And maybe just maybe we'll get a "Raptor" Bronco with the 3.0L 400hp V6 Explorer ST engine. Sorry don't think a V8 is in the cards.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The engines I can see for Bronco are the 2.3L 270hp I4, 2.7L 325hp V6 and hopefully the 3.0L 350hp V6 Explorer And maybe just maybe we'll get a "Raptor" Bronco with the 3.0L 400hp V6 Explorer ST engine.
Long time Jeep guy, looking at the new Bronco, do the Eco boost engines require premium unleaded?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Long time Jeep guy, looking at the new Bronco, do the Eco boost engines require premium unleaded?
Require, no. You CAN run them on regular but you'll get significantly reduced power if you do. Shouldn't damage anything though
Sponsored