Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I'd love to see what companies would offer without all the regs
Not me, I am in no hurry to see China like Air Pollution. It may be a sacrifice but I will take higher MPG standards over gallons to the mile engines any day. I wish that someone will find a way to make a big displacement engine that can meet the MPG targets and I even support the V8 crowd getting their engine choice as an option but not at the expense of clean air.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you ever buy a pre-made vehicle then? Just buy the pile of gloriously better aftermarket parts and build a vehicle yourself.

Or is the money tree not fruiting yet?
Because OEM is just good enough whereas you pay for the quality of better made parts

Sometimes it's just something like freer flowing high flow cats or an improved intercooler

Sometimes OEM has a weaklink the aftermarket fixed and sometimes just because

Obviously you don't go and replace everything, not everyone is building a beast, but again, just good enough for mass production vs quality alternatives

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't want a warantee I guess.................
Depends who you know and what they're cool with

Then again, simple bolt on's are fine and it's a Ford, not a Ferrari, they're not gonna be anal with modding so long as you figure out their views on the ECU

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's more than just what sells. I'm positive people on the development team would love to stuff a V8 in the Bronco, but the gov regulates automotive companies as a whole and they have avg mpg targets they need to hit by a certain year (which include all models outside of commercial vehicles I believe). Hence why companies have started using small displacement engines with boost. They can get epa rated at higher mpg's while offering solid performance.
And yet FCA is jamming bigger than coyote V-8's in all kinds of stuff.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends who you know and what they're cool with

Then again, simple bolt on's are fine and it's a Ford, not a Ferrari, they're not gonna be anal with modding so long as you figure out their views on the ECU
How many know someone at a dealer THAT well. Could just as easily get this..........

"I was denied my catalytic converters being replaced on the grounds the my AXLEBACKS had something to do with them failing."

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hout-getting-in-warranty-trouble.52726/page-2

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 3.3 makes the most sense for the bronco to compete head to head with the wrangler. but I doubt ford will put it in. Its a shame its the ideal engine for it.
I would take the 2.7 eco over The NA 3.3 all day. The 3.3 makes less than 300 HP and pathetic torque which puts it right in line with Wrangler and Tacoma/4 runners. Those NA V6 have no guts. Give the Bronco the Ecoboost with 400 ftlbs torque and it’s in a class all it’s own. With a simple tune will be over 350 HP and probably be 450 Torque. Now go head to head with a Wrangler or Toyota V6. No comparison.

coyote would be first choice but can’t sleep on the EcoBoost

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And yet FCA is jamming bigger than coyote V-8's in all kinds of stuff.
Have you seen how big a Charge/Challenger is? They're land yachts.

They've also officially said that they can't get one of those V8s in a Wrangler/Gladiator because of crash safety requirements.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Kuniskis also watered-down any possibility of high-performance versions of the Wrangler and Gladiator, potentially powered by the company's fire-breathing Hellcat supercharged V8.

"Everybody always asks me that question: it fits. You know that. It fits like a glove," he said.

"But the problem is that it fits like a glove and there is no air space around the engine and the whole external space of the vehicle so you have no crush space; you have nothing that can be used to absorb energy in a crash.

"It is not a problem to put it in - other than emissions and fuel economy - except it would never pass any crash tests, and that’s a problem."
https://www.drive.com.au/news/jeep-gauging-interest-in-two-door-ute-121117

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many know someone at a dealer THAT well. Could just as easily get this..........

"I was denied my catalytic converters being replaced on the grounds the my AXLEBACKS had something to do with them failing."

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hout-getting-in-warranty-trouble.52726/page-2
My old Mustang, they were like "Just unflash the car when you come in"

I basically go to the service manager and stuff and pose the hypothetical "How would you feel if I mod this", and I did every bolt on save injectors and Catback

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
we get it. “ There’s no replacement for displacement”. Adding forced induction to an already powerful V8 is likely going to make more power than a Turbo 6 but the costs and risks of adding forced induction to an NA car can be too high to be worth it for some. Many Factory Turbo or S/C cars can easily make significant power gains with minimal mods and $$ because the parts are already on the car and the motors designed for boost.

I would like to see a v8 option in the Bronco but the Ecoboost motors have a ton of potential with simple tune.
2020 GT500,

I basically go to the service manager and stuff and pose the hypothetical "How would you feel if I mod this", and I did every bolt on save injectors and Catback
haha. I did a burnout leaving the dealer in my 7 mile odometer Mach 1. My car was never going back the the dealer for anything. 19k miles on it now. Most all those mile at redline! lol! Street/strip car.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2020 GT500,

haha. I did a burnout leaving the dealer in my 7 mile odometer Mach 1. My car was never going back the the dealer for anything. 19k miles on it now. Most all those mile at redline! lol! Street/strip car.
That's my future goal right there.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

And they were going to give you a new engine, if required, without sending ECU or it's contents
back to Ford to look it over? Few would be getting that deal.........
Sponsored