First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This sounds like a really long winded video confirming what the op said from the beginning.
I literally fell asleep watching it.
Sponsored

Smoon

Wildtrak
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Preface: Many of you know me from "the other" sites but I'm fortunate to have a few contacts remaining from my old days as a freelance auto industry journalist.

After earning its last required Federal certifications at the end of last week, every Bronco 2dr/4dr built starting this week and forward at MAP are legally sellable to the public (note that this does NOT affect Ford's OKTB, which will come sometime around the published Job 1 date).

From this past Monday through the next couple weeks, MAP is in a "Pre Mass Production" phase, running final-form Broncos on 2nd shift only. I don't have clarification on if these will be press demo units or the start of the dealer demo units, but my guess is a mix of both.

In any event, after a week or two of final downtime to prep for both shifts of full production, Bronco 2dr/4dr are set to enter "Phase 1 Mass Production" on Monday, March 29th. This does NOT change the published, public Job 1 date, but dealer demos, press cars, and Bronco orders will be built long before May. Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP.

I can't say for certain how this will impact the exact delivery date of my Bronco or yours, but actual, real production units will be rolling down the line at launch speed in about a month.

Sponsored

Smoon

Wildtrak
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When will the hardtops be rolling out?

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Preface: Many of you know me from "the other" sites but I'm fortunate to have a few contacts remaining from my old days as a freelance auto industry journalist.

After earning its last required Federal certifications at the end of last week, every Bronco 2dr/4dr built starting this week and forward at MAP are legally sellable to the public (note that this does NOT affect Ford's OKTB, which will come sometime around the published Job 1 date).

From this past Monday through the next couple weeks, MAP is in a "Pre Mass Production" phase, running final-form Broncos on 2nd shift only. I don't have clarification on if these will be press demo units or the start of the dealer demo units, but my guess is a mix of both.

In any event, after a week or two of final downtime to prep for both shifts of full production, Bronco 2dr/4dr are set to enter "Phase 1 Mass Production" on Monday, March 29th. This does NOT change the published, public Job 1 date, but dealer demos, press cars, and Bronco orders will be built long before May. Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP.

I can't say for certain how this will impact the exact delivery date of my Bronco or yours, but actual, real production units will be rolling down the line at launch speed in about a month.
I hope the list of delay items ,2 door, Sasquatch , 2.7 v6 , hardtop, don't cause much delay with orders.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I work at MAP, I have 21 years in at local 900. We are currently working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotating shifts. Last week and this week coming up the afternoon shift are working, the following week they will be off 2 weeks and the day shift are working. This process is going through til May. We are only been building 7 to 13 Broncos a day and was currently on a build that was shooting for close to 200 units, then next Bronco build starting in April is around 500 units.. Covid is obviously the reason everything has been push back and back again, due to part shortages. So Full production starting March 29th is False.
@Golfnut1913
Have you heard any updates from the production floor this week?
How long do you expect the 500 builds to take, and would full production immediately follow?

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Golfnut1913
Have you heard any updates from the production floor this week?
How long do you expect the 500 builds to take, and would full production immediately follow?

They will take a bit still slow as far as line speed is considered, as far as full production its still scheduled 1st week of may

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will take a bit still slow as far as line speed is considered, as far as full production its still scheduled 1st week of may
That would mean a ramp up throughout April?

Sponsored