First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is my issue. If the Sasquatch comes with the same suspension as the Badlands, but has a lift, then the lift is probably just a spacer lift. Which is not great. your limiting the uptravel of the suspension.

I do think the 35s look bad ars on the Bronco. I don't think they will provide much advantage over the Badlands with 33s. But they do look oh so nice...
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I honestly think the 32 will be fine. bigger tires equals louder noise as well. I kind of think the sasquatch 35's looks a little weird as well.
Do you think on the Base, If I upgrade the Tires and Wheels to 32, will I have to get it lifted? It seems 30s are too small for the Bronco and I don't want to go to Big Bend just for the 32s and other comforts which are negligible.

Looking at the Tirerack for Base. I tried to look up the 17" upgrade for Base but the Tire is Not available which Big Bend has which is 255/75R/17. But when I look up Big Bend the Tire size comes up as stated in Ford Bronco Spec Sheet as see in the last pic.
Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1596721750103

Big Bend Tire Sizes:
Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1596722006621

In the Ford Bronco Spec Sheet for Base and Big Bend
Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1596721798364

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've been going back and forth between Squatching-out a BD (mainly for the look, TBH) and going with either the BD (if 33s are offered) or a non-squatched Badlands with the stock 33s. Came across this video today and the rational adult in me kept nodding as I watched.

The video title is a bit misleading, so watch the video. Most of the issues are DESIGN issues. Since the Bronco is designed for the larger tires, most of the issues brought out are not applicable. In the end, and add on if I missed something, it comes down to COST. Cost for the package, Cost in terms of fuel, and Cost in terms of replacement. If I were buying a commuter, a smaller tire would make sense. I am not buying a commuter, so for me, the extra clearance and, yes, the look dominate my decision.

Since these tires will be new and unique to the Bronco, I will likely break my rule around buying dealer tire warranties and buy it if it covers what it will need to cover.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigger tires look better on some vehicles and they can allow you to get over a larger step/obstacle but they do reduce suspension travel before the tire hits inside the wheel well. I havent decided on SQ BD yet or not but I'm leaning towards 33s.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big tires are fine if you know what your doing, I have driven over 40k miles on my 37 KO2s on my SUV, it drives perfectly fine, handles mountain curves flawlessly (not as well as my Holden but I digress).

The trick is to buy the right tires for the job, the KO2s are very civilized while being very tough.
I run no lift on my truck and it functions perfectly fine as a daily driver.

There are a couple people that run 39.5s on the forums with a small body lift and blocks. They have no trouble as daily’s either, probably not quite as nicely as 37s but do fone

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think on the Base, If I upgrade the Tires and Wheels to 32, will I have to get it lifted? It seems 30s are too small for the Bronco and I don't want to go to Big Bend just for the 32s and other comforts which are negligible.

Looking at the Tirerack for Base. I tried to look up the 17" upgrade for Base but the Tire is Not available which Big Bend has which is 255/75R/17. But when I look up Big Bend the Tire size comes up as stated in Ford Bronco Spec Sheet as see in the last pic.
1596721750103.png

Big Bend Tire Sizes:
1596722006621.png

In the Ford Bronco Spec Sheet for Base and Big Bend
1596721798364.png
you should be just fine throwing on a set of 32s on 17inch rims, or if you can find a 32 that fits the stock 16 inch rims for that matter. There is no way Ford developed a unique lower suspension for only the base model, I’m fairly certain it has the exact same suspension as every other trim below badlands.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The video title is a bit misleading, so watch the video. Most of the issues are DESIGN issues. Since the Bronco is designed for the larger tires, most of the issues brought out are not applicable. In the end, and add on if I missed something, it comes down to COST. Cost for the package, Cost in terms of fuel, and Cost in terms of replacement. If I were buying a commuter, a smaller tire would make sense. I am not buying a commuter, so for me, the extra clearance and, yes, the look dominate my decision.

Since these tires will be new and unique to the Bronco, I will likely break my rule around buying dealer tire warranties and buy it if it covers what it will need to cover.
Shops like discount/America’s tire will let you purchase a warranty on tires not purchased from them if they are new, like on your new car. No idea how price compares to a dealer, but just FYI.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you should be just fine throwing on a set of 32s on 17inch rims, or on the stock 16 inch rims for that matter. There is no way Ford developed a unique lower suspension for only the base model, I’m fairly certain it has the exact same suspension as every other trim below badlands.
Thank You for the Info. you just saved me few $$$$, Now I can get back to work.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I say follow your gut. I've had my fair share of tall trucks and big tires. Loved it while it lasted. Looked cool functioned off-road nicely. Chicks dig it. Cons were sluggish handling on the road and accelerated drive train wear. As I got older I found it a pain in the azz to keep up with the repairs. I got to the point of not being able to climb into my rigs. Today I need something reliable and easy to get into. If you are young, go get those big tires and enjoy it!

loydinator

Black Diamond
First Name
Loyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's all about what you'll use it for, if you actually camp and tour to campsites in the US, you're miles are 90% on highway, in which case the 35's are gonna knock 3-4 mpg off your bronco.

IMO 32's & 33's will get you 95% of the offroad capability with 20% better on-road practicality.

But in some cases fuck practicality! If you're bronco is a weekender trail blaster, go for the 35's all day!

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP, ask yourself a few questions: what do you plan on doing with your bronco? (Be realistic, some people will go true off-roading or crawling once a year maybe, others will go a few times a month)

If any of those tasks require off-roading, how often will you do that stuff and will big tires help? is it worth whatever else you're sacrificing if you plan on daily driving it?

Organize your personal priorities, everyone is different. Here is a quick list in no particular order:
- Looks
- Function
- Utility/capabilities
- Reliability
- Costs

Do what makes you happy, not what will "impress" others, a pursuit in outside affirmation will always lead to failure.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have to pay to play. The bronco is an awesome looking vehicle BUT it looks ordinary with 33s.

Here's an analogy. Look at the wranglers driving around. they all look the same until you see that one wrangler with a lift and BIG tires.

think 2-3 years from now. There will be a ton of Broncos on the road with 33s and they will all look ordinary.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sasquatching for looks, and looks only. There, I said it. Flame away.
Same here. What matters is how it looks to me, and i don't like how it looks with smaller tires. That may change if i can see the differences in person, but as of right now it's Squatch 35's or bust.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have to pay to play. The bronco is an awesome looking vehicle BUT it looks ordinary with 33s.

Here's an analogy. Looks at the wranglers driving around. they are look the same until you see that one wrangler with a lift and BIG tires.

think 2-3 years from now. There will be a ton of Broncos on the road with 33s and they will all look ordinary.
say you spec out a badlands and ditch the factory 285/70R17's that come on the badlands. then go with BFG All Terrains 33x12.5R17's with 9 inch wide wheels. That will take it from 9.2 wide tread, and a section width of 11.5 on the factory spec tires, to a tread width of 10.8 tread width and section width of 12.5

These will be just as wide as the 315/70R17's on the Sasquatch which have a tread width of 10.4 and a section width of 12.7

This will fill up the wheel wells the same as the 35's have a wider tread width. So with the shorter overall diameter, wider tread width will be more stable, handle better, brake better, and since they are all terrains they will be quieter, wear better, be better in rain, get better fuel millage.

Unless parked next to a Sasquatch, I bet no one would realize it is any different

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First couple clips of the video showed him getting that rig stuck in some ruts with small 33 and 35 inch tires.

I have never run bigger than 35s myself but have also never said i have enough tire. If every vehicle I owned had front and rear built ford 9" axles and 38 to 44 inch super swampers(of various types) and as low a COG as functional I would be a fully satisfied driver.

Big tires only suck for people who drive on pavement all of the time. I dont. Im about 70 to 80% pavement. The bigger the tire the thicker the tire and i dont like tire punctures. Also you dont need 14" of lift on any truck like rig to put big tires on it. My Eagle could run 38s with 7 or 8 inches and some offset. The only thing that makes those big tired trucks dangerous on highways is the COG being too high. You only need about an inch LESS clearance than your uptravel. Then you put a bump stop in so you arent reaching the mechanical limits of your suspension, which causes wear.

Big tires dont suck, vehicles not built for them do. Which is why my stock Eagle has 28" Tsls. Once the lift is finished on it and I start driving it again one day(unibody rust repair in process) it will get 31s. If I ever do the long arm zj axle and V8 conversion and 6" total lift on it, then it will be 35s.

It doesnt matter what it was designed for if you redesign it.

Rant over.

Lets get TTC 54 mickeys on all our broncos.
Sponsored