First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've never got the whole thing about buying a vehicle for looks, but maybe I'm just too practical. I don't give a rats you know what about the looks if it's not functional. Yeah, I like a certain color or scheme, but tires are about function. They are important. Doesn't matter what you've got suspension wise or under the hood if the tires don't deliver.

Get the size and type tire you need. Not what looks cool at the mall, cause no one cares.
I agree to a point. My 2015 F250 Crew is a work truck, just an XL. However the stock tires did look stupid small. (and the stock Firestone tires literally were falling apart at only 28k miles, small hunks of tread were flinging off on the Hwy) Switched to a larger, Cooper AT without a lift or other mods. The truck rides better and the Coopers now have upwards of 45k miles on them and still have plenty of tread left.
Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do what makes you happy, not what will "impress" others, a pursuit in outside affirmation will always lead to failure.
Best quote of the day!! Definitely need to show my GF this!!!

Reactions: Rpm

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Completely agree - Any reason (honest question) going with the 35s would make the Bronco more dangerous to drive on the highway (or anywhere for that matter)? Doesn't seem like that would be a consideration, especially if it's coming from the factory that way. Very different from throwing 40s on a modded-out XJ.
The 35s will weigh more, and it's rotating weight
If you get your 35s by way of Sasquatch you get new gearing to help with that. But if you just put bigger tires on you will have slower acceleration. And even if you do get Sasquatch, your bronco will likely brake a bit longer than one with lighter tires

Many things that make a rig better off road, can have a negative effect on road manners

Most here probably won't care if the 60-0 braking distance goes up by 5 feet though, that's not really the point of this truck

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been going back and forth between Squatching-out a BD (mainly for the look, TBH) and going with either the BD (if 33s are offered) or a non-squatched Badlands with the stock 33s. Came across this video today and the rational adult in me kept nodding as I watched.

Still not sure what way I'll end up going, as the reason I'll be buying a Bronco in the first place is the "YOLO" fun factor of it all, which the Sasquatch pkg plays into. Kinda like trying to justify having a membership at a private golf club - if everyone was rational NO ONE would do it, but that's missing the point.

Thought you guys might appreciate some of the points...

Thanks for the video! I'm on your wavelength. Part of my brain wants the big Squatch tires and I admit, it's mainly for the look and cool factor and a little for the ground clearance and the up high visibility. I think the 33's that come on the Badlands look super, so great option for you.

My build of choice is Black Diamond with 2.7L engine & hard top, but I really want the rims and 33" All terrains from the Badlands. I feel that will be plenty off road capable with the rear lockers. Do you think Ford will allow me the 33" tire setup on the Black Diamond?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry ... but if you are a car person, you will notice.

say you spec out a badlands and ditch the factory 285/70R17's that come on the badlands. then go with BFG All Terrains 33x12.5R17's with 9 inch wide wheels. That will take it from 9.2 wide tread, and a section width of 11.5 on the factory spec tires, to a tread width of 10.8 tread width and section width of 12.5

These will be just as wide as the 315/70R17's on the Sasquatch which have a tread width of 10.4 and a section width of 12.7

This will fill up the wheel wells the same as the 35's have a wider tread width. So with the shorter overall diameter, wider tread width will be more stable, handle better, brake better, and since they are all terrains they will be quieter, wear better, be better in rain, get better fuel millage.

Unless parked next to a Sasquatch, I bet no one would realize it is any different

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve got 35’s on my F150 built rig and they handle great since I added Fox adjustable coils and re geared and tuned it. Now it rides better than ever and runs great on any trail it takes and rides perfect on the roads. Key is also upgrading gears/trans and anything else that goes with it. Some vehicles you can’t just slap big tires on as it screws with the gear ratio and overheats the trans with the added weight and size.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry ... but if you are a car person, you will notice.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be noticeable, but it would take someone who really knows, if done right will be hard to tell. Who know if you did a 1.5 inch lift, and If the 33's were just as wide as the 35's it might even look better
My GT350 has aftermarket wheels, only one person has ever noticed, unless I tell them not even other GT350 owners ever notice

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have to trust ford...they would not offer Sasquatch If it were unsafe, inferior or had any deleterious effects overall. With that said can’t wait for some reviews so I can better make an informed decision!

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys are in here arguing about 33s vs 35s, and I'm still trying to figure out how much it's going to cost me for the lift to shove 37s under this thing.
about tree fiddy

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have to trust ford...they would not offer Sasquatch If it were unsafe, inferior or had any deleterious effects overall. With that said can’t wait for some reviews so I can better make an informed decision!
*samsquanch

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I understand what you are saying BUT I don't mod my cars for others to notice. I do it for me. I notice it.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be noticeable, but it would take someone who really knows, if done right will be hard to tell. Who know if you did a 1.5 inch lift, and If the 33's were just as wide as the 35's it might even look better
My GT350 has aftermarket wheels, only one person has ever noticed, unless I tell them not even other GT350 owners ever notice

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand what you are saying BUT I don't mod my cars for others to notice. I do it for me. I notice it.
You and I think the same way, I don't care what others think, it has to be right for me. I like subtle mods that make the vehicle drive better, and look the way I want. Here is my GT350 I wanted it to look like Ford might have made it this way. The wheels are each 13 lbs lighter. They are stock GT350 width, but with GT350R offset in the front, and regular GT350 offset in the rear. Along with Carbon Fiber driveshaft, and resonator delete makes it drive like a different car, handles better, has more power, gets better fuel millage. But bet you can't tell it isn't 100% stock

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) forgeline8

Last edited:

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been going back and forth between Squatching-out a BD (mainly for the look, TBH) and going with either the BD (if 33s are offered) or a non-squatched Badlands with the stock 33s. Came across this video today and the rational adult in me kept nodding as I watched.

Still not sure what way I'll end up going, as the reason I'll be buying a Bronco in the first place is the "YOLO" fun factor of it all, which the Sasquatch pkg plays into. Kinda like trying to justify having a membership at a private golf club - if everyone was rational NO ONE would do it, but that's missing the point.

Thought you guys might appreciate some of the points...

I don't need 35's and that's why i wasn't thinking Squatching on my ODx

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree to a point but again, you could say the same thing about choosing the color as well, no? If you ONLY chose based on function alone everyone in AZ would have a white vehicle but we don't begrudge anyone for choosing a color THEY enjoy while accusing them of seeking out the approval of others.
I get that; I'm from Arizona and always buy black with the exception of a 17 Explorer. I bought Ingot Silver only because they didn't have any in black and neither did any local dealers. I didn't feel like waiting to order, so settled that one time. At least, it had a black interior.
Sponsored