First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hahaha you went to FSU. Sorry you couldn't get in to Florida.
Classy, but wrong FSU. And I wouldn't have been accepted to Florida either - scored over 14 on my ACT ;)
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Classy, but wrong FSU. And I wouldn't have been accepted to Florida either - scored over 14 on my ACT ;)
So no big scores, no big tires? :LOL: Glad you aren't a Seminole, though. That makes the world a better place.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ya know I think of it like this.... my BroncoS are like my wife.... when I get up in the morning and I see my baby I’m like, Damn you are one fine looking lady with all those beautiful curves sex appeal... then I step out in the garage and see my Bronco sitting there with that sleek paint job, round curves sitting on 35s and I’m like wow your one sexy machine! Both easy on the eyes, capable of taking me anywhere and killing me at the same time. So do I need 35s...no probably not.... do I like the way they look? Hell yeah!!! Will I put em to work? Not everyday but when I need them they will be there. And if one day when I wear them out if I really think they are too big I will drop them down to a C cup... oh wait wrong one.....
If I pay $54K, I want to get a chubby every time I look at it, Broncos on 35s gorgeous ladies get me every time...
Thats my story and I’m sticking to
It.... ??
But to each to his or hers

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

35s on that LB FE with black interior is going to look sick. They actually built the FE to put 35s on so I'm not worried about if it can handle them. It's going to be one bad dude!!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya know I think of it like this.... my BroncoS are like my wife.... when I get up in the morning and I see my baby I’m like, Damn you are one fine looking lady with all those beautiful curves sex appeal... then I step out in the garage and see my Bronco sitting there with that sleek paint job, round curves sitting on 35s and I’m like wow your one sexy machine! Both easy on the eyes, capable of taking me anywhere and killing me at the same time. So do I need 35s...no probably not.... do I like the way they look? Hell yeah!!! Will I put em to work? Not everyday but when I need them they will be there. And if one day when I wear them out if I really think they are too big I will drop them down to a C cup... oh wait wrong one.....
If I pay $54K, I want to get a chubby every time I look at it, Broncos on 35s gorgeous ladies get me every time...
It.... ??
My h.s. buddy married a real looker she was miss craydad or something 17 yrs younger than him,i asked him recently hows married life....he says fir seven minutes a week its great ?

Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big tires are fine if you know what your doing, I have driven over 40k miles on my 37 KO2s on my SUV, it drives perfectly fine, handles mountain curves flawlessly (not as well as my Holden but I digress).

The trick is to buy the right tires for the job, the KO2s are very civilized while being very tough.
I run no lift on my truck and it functions perfectly fine as a daily driver.

There are a couple people that run 39.5s on the forums with a small body lift and blocks. They have no trouble as daily’s either, probably not quite as nicely as 37s but do fone
I agree the things to watch are weight, load rating, and tread reputiation. If you are careful and choose a tire that is not overly heavy, the sidewall is appropriate to weight C/D probably for the bronco, and has a good reputation like K02 or STT PRO.. the vehicle will drive differently, but it will still be very nice, look awesome, and ya be a little better offroad.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my big questions is I am buying a badlands sasquatch (badsquatch) can i trade out my 315s for true 35's, or did ford already use all the room available to squeeze in the 315s?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And if one day when I wear them out if I really think they are too big I will drop them down to a C cup... oh wait wrong one.....
It.... ??
Well, the switches do have silicone...

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my big questions is I am buying a badlands sasquatch (badsquatch) can i trade out my 315s for true 35's, or did ford already use all the room available to squeeze in the 315s?
315's are the same size or slightly bigger than 35's.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're close to the same size; tires labeled 35 doesn't mean they are "true" 35s....look at the specs for the same tire between brands; for BFG there is a 1/10" difference in diameter...so no problem there. Some 315s are bigger than some labeled 35s and vice versa. We haven't even seen specs on the new GoodYear, people are just guessing on actual diameter based on other GY tire...but being new, people don't really know what real world inflated size will be. No specs yet on it that I have seen either.

Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're close to the same size; tires labeled 35 doesn't mean they are "true" 35s....look at the specs for the same tire between brands; for BFG there is a 1/10" difference in diameter...so no problem there. Some 315s are bigger than some labeled 35s and vice versa. We haven't even seen specs on the new GoodYear, people are just guessing on actual diameter based on other GY tire...but being new, people don't really know what real world inflated size will be. No specs yet on it that I have seen either.
ya most 35x or bigger than 315x... and i am aware inflated under load they are smaller... for sake of fitmet i am just talking published tire spec hieght.

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1612973562240

The bronco as i understand is using a variant of the wrangler duratracs, that don't say wrangler on them for obvious reasons. Here are the specs listed on the goodyear site for that tire and size

Section Width (in.) 12.7

Tread Depth (in 32nds) 18

Outside Diameter (in.) 34.4

So just for comparison goodyear makes the MTR a true mud terrain in D ply, which would be a reasonable tire for this vehicle with more aggresive tread. here are the specs for 35x12.5r17

Section Width (in.) 12.5

Tread Depth (in 32nds) 21

Outside Diameter (in.) 34.8

you can see it's just shy of a a half of an inch taller, and a very little bit thinner, and has deeper tread.. Not saying that is the tire i would go with.. but wondering if anyone did the homework to know if there is enough room to do so..

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
a true 35x12.5r17 is slightly bigger than a 315, by around half an inch
👆 this, the goal is 35”. 315 is an indication of tire’s width, then some black magic mathematics conversion happened and you could have a 35” diameter tire but mostly just over 34”.

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 38C6FF41-799B-4515-A9E5-925BB033335D

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco as i understand is using a variant of the wrangler duratracs, that don't say wrangler on them for obvious reasons. Here are the specs listed on the goodyear site for that tire and size
No one has said they are a variant of the Duratrac...and GoodYear said they were completely new. "Wrangler" encompasses a whole line of tires. Maybe they are built on the Duratrac casing, but no one has confirmed that.

You are right that 35s are generally a little bit bigger, but not always, and with brands like BGF, it's 1/10". That said, if the numbers you show are the difference, putting radius 2/10" bigger on a true 35, then there is no way that it is that close from the factory to make a difference. You can almost assuredly run any 12.5" 315 or 35 on the market.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think big tires suck, they’re designed for a purpose. It’s the the end user’s poor decisions that suck.
Sponsored