Sponsored

Big Turbo for 2.3L?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 7MT Bronco, Lamborghini Urus, McLaren 765LT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone make a big turbo for the 2.3L yet? I’m looking to gain 100+hp from stock and I believe the only way to safely do that will be with a new turbo.
Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is one for the Mustang 2.3, but it barely makes any gains worth justifying it's price. I would assume it creates more low rpm lag as well

Had an oversize turbo in my JKU. Was stupid fun, but didn't do much for daily driving since it didn't spool till around 3k RPMs. Was like flipping a light switch when it came on, stock power then instanly ~twice the torque when it hit.

Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think the tuning capabilities for the bronco specifically have developed to the point of supporting a bigger turbo. Not sure of the exact technical differences between the bronco and ranger (same turbo? Different ecu?) but I am very hopeful the bronco 2.3 aftermarket will be supporting big gains soon like they do on other platforms.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By this time next year, someone will play thread necromancer while posting the Big Turbski kits available.

Say by summer/fall, all sorts of shit will be available in general

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To my knowledge there's nothing available yet and as someone else mentioned the tuning of an upgraded turbo will most likely pose an issue for most as custom tuning the Bronco isn't available right now.

If you're looking to add some safe HP/TQ without breaking the bank I'd highly recommend the JB4 tuner with their app. We had some great results on the 2.7L we tested it on and know that it also works very well on the 2.3L platform as well. Plug and play install which can also be removed at any point in 5 minutes.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/c...orts-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-bronco-sport/
mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2.jpg

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone make a big turbo for the 2.3L yet? I’m looking to gain 100+hp from stock and I believe the only way to safely do that will be with a new turbo.
You are obviously not concerned with driveline warranty concerns/issues at this point.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To my knowledge there's nothing available yet and as someone else mentioned the tuning of an upgraded turbo will most likely pose an issue for most as custom tuning the Bronco isn't available right now.

If you're looking to add some safe HP/TQ without breaking the bank I'd highly recommend the JB4 tuner with their app. We had some great results on the 2.7L we tested it on and know that it also works very well on the 2.3L platform as well. Plug and play install which can also be removed at any point in 5 minutes.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/c...orts-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-bronco-sport/
Ford Bronco Big Turbo for 2.3L? mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2
What does the dyno graph look like for the 2.3L?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What does the dyno graph look like for the 2.3L?
At the moment I've only been able to find the dyno chart for the Ranger 2.3L. I know I've seen some on here for the 2.3L so I'll just have to do a little more searching and see if I can find one.
ranger_jb4_dyno_1024x1024.jpg

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is one for the Mustang 2.3, but it barely makes any gains worth justifying it's price. I would assume it creates more low rpm lag as well

Had an oversize turbo in my JKU. Was stupid fun, but didn't do much for daily driving since it didn't spool till around 3k RPMs. Was like flipping a light switch when it came on, stock power then instanly ~twice the torque when it hit.
This 👆

I can’t imagine a big turbo being the best fit for the bronco assuming you want smooth low end torque. Twin scroll designs like in stock 2.3 feel so nice. I loved the instant torque in my 135 (twin scroll I6)

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope, the Bronco is a toy to me. If I blow a motor im cool with building/buying a new one.
I get it. Just my 2 cents, If it’s just a toy with no concerns about warranty issues or blowing it up, I would go for the twin turbo 2.7 for it’s better HO potential, block composition and fuel injection system. Too each their own. Good Luck and Enjoy!!

OP
OP
MythlinMasterdo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 7MT Bronco, Lamborghini Urus, McLaren 765LT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get it. Just my 2 cents, If it’s just a toy with no concerns about warranty issues or blowing it up, I would go for the twin turbo 2.7 for it’s better HO potential, block composition and fuel injection system. Too each their own. Good Luck and Enjoy!!
I would have done that too if they would have offered a manual, damn it ford!
Sponsored