Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shout out to @bltfrdtgh @RogueSqdn @Panzer948, and anyone else I may have missed that is on here and didn’t get to talk to directly and get their screen name…

Had a blast. Like, a major fun day out there. Laid back, great conversation, friendly people, no one acted rushed to get done.

We tackled Wolf’s den, Falls Dam, Rocky Mtn Loop, Sawmill. At the end, a bare handful of us went up the back side of Daniel again. But were stopped short of the summit by a large group of Jeepers who were having a memorial service for a lost club member and friend, spreading his ashes. Of all reasons not to be able to finish it, I’ll take it. Respect to the departed, may he Rest In Peace.

We were able to give a few people their first taste of off-roading, first “scrapes” on the Control Arm bracket, first lesson in airing down and why, first time in anything other than 2wd.

People were pushing comfort levels, wanting more and more, and you could see the apprehension fade away the more dirt we travelled.

I chose the routes, and felt bad that part of one trail was degraded a bit since the last time I’d run it, and some owners of some pristine new Broncos did drag on a fairly medium rock at one point.

I think ALL of us did on the same one today to some degree. Even the one guy on 37’s had a moment of struggle and hit his rear CA bracket as well.

The camaraderie and general good will among B6G owners was a giant breath of fresh air. Being a former Jeep guy, I can say most groups of off-roaders are generally very fun, cordial, helpful. But today just felt different.

One driver had his dash light up with random warnings before we ever got off the dirt road, but cleared it up after jiggling around connections and no issues or breakdowns the rest of the day.

I don’t know how to attach videos here without them being a link to YT or the like, so here are some of the few pics we were cognizant to try and grab.

As other members of the ride along share them, I’ll post them up here.

Get out there. Put it in 4wd, soak up a few hours of nature. You will thank yourself later.

86FD11EA-0215-4A23-BA4C-0EAE9F46AF2C.jpeg

B7880DFE-E642-4918-9CF5-B8AFC1D861E9.jpeg

031F4E03-9445-4E5A-A2D4-68A5ACD4EF4F.jpeg

DAA13139-C04C-4B54-9559-C18A1DC34430.jpeg

A9BC3E13-A0D2-479A-8011-F66BD85E0F1E.jpeg

03F3BE07-2C45-4109-8905-699E1B17ADCE.jpeg

462B1816-242B-4CC2-97EF-4A68F2E8B8BD.jpeg

DC161F63-2F47-42B1-ABA4-A77B48A5FB1E.jpeg

EFF56410-2EC0-4AB0-8019-07FC008F703D.jpeg

9984402E-9B5D-4C34-AC69-727331F7849E.jpeg

5D97FC45-4EDA-47AC-A263-FF0EAC6DBBBB.jpeg

8673A50B-9C76-4AD0-8CF3-3B7D2E895AB9.jpeg
Would you all be interested in custom vinyl trail badges?
Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet MerusAdventurePark
Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet MerusAdventurePark
Sponsored

ACow

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit :(
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ooo would definitely want to try this! Just got my Bronco and in the NC area and none of my friends off-road and it's better in packs! And I am very new to the hobby.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooo would definitely want to try this! Just got my Bronco and in the NC area and none of my friends off-road and it's better in packs! And I am very new to the hobby.
Great! Join us out there on June 25 and we will figure out a way to keep you off of the hard stuff and on easier paths (unless you just want to go full steam ahead and push you comfort level).

Best way to figure it all out and prep is to look up YouTube videos of the trails there, check out online maps to familiarize yourself, and if you are close enough, just drop by Eldorado Outpost and grab an actual map, talk to some of the people coming in and off of the trails.

It all seems intimidating at first with wondering how you'll do, where to go, how far/long are the trails. But it gets better and better as you go, and after a trip or two you'll know the layout, know what you are willing and able to do, etc.

In the grand scheme Uwharrie is pretty tame. Most everything we did Saturday could be done in 2WD with a few spots needing 4WD. One or two spots in there either needing a locker or a good spotter/line forward.

Now there are some trails there you don't want to just hop on and roll on, thinking they are harmless and easy.

Rule of thumb is any trails whose name starts with a "D" are the more challenging ones that you may want to avoid until you get a bit more used to it and comfortable with your vehicle.

ACow

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit :(
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great! Join us out there on June 25 and we will figure out a way to keep you off of the hard stuff and on easier paths (unless you just want to go full steam ahead and push you comfort level).

Best way to figure it all out and prep is to look up YouTube videos of the trails there, check out online maps to familiarize yourself, and if you are close enough, just drop by Eldorado Outpost and grab an actual map, talk to some of the people coming in and off of the trails.

It all seems intimidating at first with wondering how you'll do, where to go, how far/long are the trails. But it gets better and better as you go, and after a trip or two you'll know the layout, know what you are willing and able to do, etc.

In the grand scheme Uwharrie is pretty tame. Most everything we did Saturday could be done in 2WD with a few spots needing 4WD. One or two spots in there either needing a locker or a good spotter/line forward.

Now there are some trails there you don't want to just hop on and roll on, thinking they are harmless and easy.

Rule of thumb is any trails whose name starts with a "D" are the more challenging ones that you may want to avoid until you get a bit more used to it and comfortable with your vehicle.

Thanks for all the helpful information! I have only been off-roading twice. Once was a bronco taste, only a 30 minute drive. With a driver showing me things in the car and explaining me what to do. The other time was with my brother where we just yelled at each other 🤣

Is there a calendar of future events. Currently traveling for work and not sure if I will be home then or not.

And does anyone else take their dog off-roading? Mine comes and just sleeps through it. She has a seatbelt that's crash tested approve too.

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dang, we were just out at Uwharrie on Friday. I should have come a day later and checked out all the Broncos!

And yeah... funny thing about Uwharrie is, when it's nice and dry out... you can do 90% of the trails in pretty much any stock SUV. But if a rain drop falls... the difficulty triples.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the helpful information! I have only been off-roading twice. Once was a bronco taste, only a 30 minute drive. With a driver showing me things in the car and explaining me what to do. The other time was with my brother where we just yelled at each other 🤣

Is there a calendar of future events. Currently traveling for work and not sure if I will be home then or not.

And does anyone else take their dog off-roading? Mine comes and just sleeps through it. She has a seatbelt that's crash tested approve too.
No set calendar for this next one on June 25. It's a non-official group/club event.

However, I am a member of several Facebook local groups (even ones in VA) that do loads of rides and have calendar-scheduled events.
There are also regional groups on here that do their own thing as well.
I am finding there are much more rides scheduled than I can do with all of these sources combined, and a lot of overlap on dates.
Broncos of the Carolinas has a group on here, and their own forum and FB page. Good group of people. @bltfrdtgh is an admin there. The forum is really just now getting off the ground, but a good source of local info and activities.

Yes, bring the furry friends!
Two of the group in this ride had dogs along and they managed it quite well. Even the dogs got along (mine would not, as she barks at everything, including leaves).

bltfrdtgh

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broncosofthecarolinas.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No set calendar for this next one on June 25. It's a non-official group/club event.

However, I am a member of several Facebook local groups (even ones in VA) that do loads of rides and have calendar-scheduled events.
There are also regional groups on here that do their own thing as well.
I am finding there are much more rides scheduled than I can do with all of these sources combined, and a lot of overlap on dates.
Broncos of the Carolinas has a group on here, and their own forum and FB page. Good group of people. @bltfrdtgh is an admin there. The forum is really just now getting off the ground, but a good source of local info and activities.

Yes, bring the furry friends!
Two of the group in this ride had dogs along and they managed it quite well. Even the dogs got along (mine would not, as she barks at everything, including leaves).
@broadicustomworks Let me know if you ever want me to put anything on the calendar on our forums. Also if you're ever going out on a Sunday I have a few guys from work that would want to tag along. We might try to do a Sunday within the next few weeks.

Sponsored

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Shout out to @bltfrdtgh @RogueSqdn @Panzer948, and anyone else I may have missed that is on here and didn’t get to talk to directly and get their screen name…

Had a blast. Like, a major fun day out there. Laid back, great conversation, friendly people, no one acted rushed to get done.

We tackled Wolf’s den, Falls Dam, Rocky Mtn Loop, Sawmill. At the end, a bare handful of us went up the back side of Daniel again. But were stopped short of the summit by a large group of Jeepers who were having a memorial service for a lost club member and friend, spreading his ashes. Of all reasons not to be able to finish it, I’ll take it. Respect to the departed, may he Rest In Peace.

We were able to give a few people their first taste of off-roading, first “scrapes” on the Control Arm bracket, first lesson in airing down and why, first time in anything other than 2wd.

People were pushing comfort levels, wanting more and more, and you could see the apprehension fade away the more dirt we travelled.

I chose the routes, and felt bad that part of one trail was degraded a bit since the last time I’d run it, and some owners of some pristine new Broncos did drag on a fairly medium rock at one point.

I think ALL of us did on the same one today to some degree. Even the one guy on 37’s had a moment of struggle and hit his rear CA bracket as well.

The camaraderie and general good will among B6G owners was a giant breath of fresh air. Being a former Jeep guy, I can say most groups of off-roaders are generally very fun, cordial, helpful. But today just felt different.

One driver had his dash light up with random warnings before we ever got off the dirt road, but cleared it up after jiggling around connections and no issues or breakdowns the rest of the day.

I don’t know how to attach videos here without them being a link to YT or the like, so here are some of the few pics we were cognizant to try and grab.

As other members of the ride along share them, I’ll post them up here.

Get out there. Put it in 4wd, soak up a few hours of nature. You will thank yourself later.

Hey!
Love the photos! Mind if we use the Trektop ones in our social posts? Can definitely tag whoever!

- Eryn@Bestop

obx_rick

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Excited that I'll be able to join y'all soon!

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey!
Love the photos! Mind if we use the Trektop ones in our social posts? Can definitely tag whoever!

- Eryn@Bestop
I'm can't remember exactly who that was but I don't think it will be an issue.
I'm sure they would be honored to log onto your site and think "Hey! That's me!".
At least that's how I would be.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a thread coming up for the 25th event?
No new thread dedicated to it, but it is in another thread as well (linked below) where we discuss some Uwharrie-specific stuff. I have a feeling the one below might be the thread I update as new rides get on the calendar. I think most people interested in these rides have followed that thread.

Broncos of the Carolinas forum has a spot specifically for a calendar of upcoming events as well.
Be more than happy to see you join in on as many as you can.
We are working on a Sunday ride soon as well.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ure-uwharrie-bronco-weekend-get-together.15637/

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
99 Broncos and 1 ain't mine :(
Sponsored