Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broadicustomworks Let me know if you ever want me to put anything on the calendar on our forums. Also if you're ever going out on a Sunday I have a few guys from work that would want to tag along. We might try to do a Sunday within the next few weeks.
Dylan I am good on a Sat or Sunday for any future events. Wow, this thread has really gained some traction in 24 hours.... That's a good thing.

BTW, my doors are still off. Drove to work with same dirt/dust from Uwharrie. But I admit I did clean the interior good yesterday evening. Got most of it out.

I am starting to learn the trick with this dust removal. I first vacuum out the seats, dash, panels, etc with one of those dust attachments. The vacuum goal is to only get most of the loose stuff out. I then use hot water with a dab of soap in one bucket to wipe a section at a time (i.e., seat or panel) and then another bucket to rinse the same sponge off so I dont transfer more back to the vehicle. I use a large absorbent towel to dry as I go. It probably only took me an hour but it is basically out. Having the rubber floor mats helps keep my carpeted floor clean ;).
Sponsored

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Bronco, 14 Honda Pilot, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great ride on Saturday. Looking forward to going back out with y'all soon. I'm open most Sundays, so if anyone makes a plan, let me know!

NCBronc

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shout out to @bltfrdtgh @RogueSqdn @Panzer948, and anyone else I may have missed that is on here and didnā€™t get to talk to directly and get their screen nameā€¦

Had a blast. Like, a major fun day out there. Laid back, great conversation, friendly people, no one acted rushed to get done.

We tackled Wolfā€™s den, Falls Dam, Rocky Mtn Loop, Sawmill. At the end, a bare handful of us went up the back side of Daniel again. But were stopped short of the summit by a large group of Jeepers who were having a memorial service for a lost club member and friend, spreading his ashes. Of all reasons not to be able to finish it, Iā€™ll take it. Respect to the departed, may he Rest In Peace.

We were able to give a few people their first taste of off-roading, first ā€œscrapesā€ on the Control Arm bracket, first lesson in airing down and why, first time in anything other than 2wd.

People were pushing comfort levels, wanting more and more, and you could see the apprehension fade away the more dirt we travelled.

I chose the routes, and felt bad that part of one trail was degraded a bit since the last time Iā€™d run it, and some owners of some pristine new Broncos did drag on a fairly medium rock at one point.

I think ALL of us did on the same one today to some degree. Even the one guy on 37ā€™s had a moment of struggle and hit his rear CA bracket as well.

The camaraderie and general good will among B6G owners was a giant breath of fresh air. Being a former Jeep guy, I can say most groups of off-roaders are generally very fun, cordial, helpful. But today just felt different.

One driver had his dash light up with random warnings before we ever got off the dirt road, but cleared it up after jiggling around connections and no issues or breakdowns the rest of the day.

I donā€™t know how to attach videos here without them being a link to YT or the like, so here are some of the few pics we were cognizant to try and grab.

As other members of the ride along share them, Iā€™ll post them up here.

Get out there. Put it in 4wd, soak up a few hours of nature. You will thank yourself later.

86FD11EA-0215-4A23-BA4C-0EAE9F46AF2C.jpeg

B7880DFE-E642-4918-9CF5-B8AFC1D861E9.jpeg

031F4E03-9445-4E5A-A2D4-68A5ACD4EF4F.jpeg

DAA13139-C04C-4B54-9559-C18A1DC34430.jpeg

A9BC3E13-A0D2-479A-8011-F66BD85E0F1E.jpeg

03F3BE07-2C45-4109-8905-699E1B17ADCE.jpeg

462B1816-242B-4CC2-97EF-4A68F2E8B8BD.jpeg

DC161F63-2F47-42B1-ABA4-A77B48A5FB1E.jpeg

EFF56410-2EC0-4AB0-8019-07FC008F703D.jpeg

9984402E-9B5D-4C34-AC69-727331F7849E.jpeg

5D97FC45-4EDA-47AC-A263-FF0EAC6DBBBB.jpeg

8673A50B-9C76-4AD0-8CF3-3B7D2E895AB9.jpeg
Looks like yall had a great time! Is there a group to join to keep up with the next time yall go out? I am in Raliegh and would love to join sometime.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like yall had a great time! Is there a group to join to keep up with the next time yall go out? I am in Raliegh and would love to join sometime.
We organized this one through Broncos of the Carolinas.
There is a group on here for them, they have a Facebook page, and an actual BOC forum.

Next Uwharrie ride is scheduled for June 25. Be at the Eldorado Outpost to air down/fuel up/snack up and ready to roll out between 9:30 and 10AM.
GMRS radio is a BIG plus. I also run a CB for those with that mode of comms.

I like to have at least someone with comms capacity and experience in the last position to help keep everyone up to speed, keep me posted so we can adjust if needed.
We are also looking forward to doing a Sunday ride or two this summer at some point.

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great! Join us out there on June 25 and we will figure out a way to keep you off of the hard stuff and on easier paths (unless you just want to go full steam ahead and push you comfort level).

Best way to figure it all out and prep is to look up YouTube videos of the trails there, check out online maps to familiarize yourself, and if you are close enough, just drop by Eldorado Outpost and grab an actual map, talk to some of the people coming in and off of the trails.

It all seems intimidating at first with wondering how you'll do, where to go, how far/long are the trails. But it gets better and better as you go, and after a trip or two you'll know the layout, know what you are willing and able to do, etc.

In the grand scheme Uwharrie is pretty tame. Most everything we did Saturday could be done in 2WD with a few spots needing 4WD. One or two spots in there either needing a locker or a good spotter/line forward.

Now there are some trails there you don't want to just hop on and roll on, thinking they are harmless and easy.

Rule of thumb is any trails whose name starts with a "D" are the more challenging ones that you may want to avoid until you get a bit more used to it and comfortable with your vehicle.
My modules just popped (ahhh itā€™s finally happening!!) so not sure if Iā€™ll have mine before 6/25, but I would love to join sometime in the near future too! This will be my first time off-roading (more than forest/camping access roads and such), so Iā€™m glad to hear yā€™all are welcoming and willing to help folks break into a new hobby!

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That's more 6G Broncos than I've seen in the Charlotte area. Thanks for the pics!

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's more 6G Broncos than I've seen in the Charlotte area. Thanks for the pics!
I can count on one hand the amount Iā€™ve seen in Winston-Salem other than mine.

That said, the Wolfpack was well represented with my wife (Meredith alum) and myself (State) on Saturday. šŸ‘

463A1A9A-A034-4C8D-AA11-2CB9DEFD51E5.jpeg

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can count on one hand the amount Iā€™ve seen in Winston-Salem other than mine.

That said, the Wolfpack was well represented with my wife (Meredith alum) and myself (State) on Saturday. šŸ‘

463A1A9A-A034-4C8D-AA11-2CB9DEFD51E5.jpeg
If you see a 4-dr HPR with MIC driving around Winston after (I hope) another couple weeks or so, that would be me! I keep seeing the same 2-3 around town, otherwise sightings have been pretty slim.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yā€™all will probably see this one at some point.
It was Black.
Guy owns a grading/ demo company and had it painted to match his fleet trucks.
Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet 07C2DCB0-4C3C-4D64-8D77-1540F9B9D623

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Certainly wonā€™t be able to miss it! šŸ˜Ž Awesome color though!

Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you see a 4-dr HPR with MIC driving around Winston after (I hope) another couple weeks or so, that would be me! I keep seeing the same 2-3 around town, otherwise sightings have been pretty slim.
It took me a while to realize you meant hot pepper red. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

I live in Advance but work in the north part of Winston, so you could spot me on 52 or B40 around mid afternoon going home.

The only other FE Iā€™ve seen around town is a 2d CG in the showroom at Parkway Ford. I go there for service because my dealer (Foothill Ford in Pilot Mountain) is a bit too far to go to for service. Iā€™m told itā€™s owned by a friend of the dealership owner and is just there for show.

Good luck to you and hope it shows up soon! Fair warning, mine sat in the train yard in Walkertown for 10 days before being delivered last November.

BackwoodsScholar

Wildtrak
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is great, mine is scheduled to be at the dealer June 17-24th, not sure I can make the 25th but great to see the strong interest. I will definitely keep an eye out for future events.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yā€™all will probably see this one at some point.
It was Black.
Guy owns a grading/ demo company and had it painted to match his fleet trucks.
Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet 07C2DCB0-4C3C-4D64-8D77-1540F9B9D623
Which Lowes is that?

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

University Pkwy. Iā€™m there at least 2-3 times a week for one thing or the other. šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m almost exactly halfway between Hanes Mall Blvd and Mocksville but usually go to HMB since I pass that area on the way home from work.

Thatā€™s if I need something I canā€™t get at Ace.
Sponsored