Mjr0522

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar I Pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like others are starting to have concerns about ordering their Bronco. I know I am. Below are my concerns. Curious if others feel the same or have other concerns.

1. Quality-I am starting to get very concerned about the quality based on the execution of the launch. The video they released the other day on options was complete amateur hour. You would think that would be a very polished and professional video. The site issues are so frustrating and feels like the vehicle is likely to have tons of bugs too.

2. Lack of Options-I was expecting way more options and ways to customize your Bronco. You only get one interior color in the Badlands? I’ve never heard of a car with no interior choices. I know others have mentioned all the stupid things like no roof rack with 2.7 engine.

I really want to order a Bronco, but feeling like it may be a really stupid thing to do.
Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. Ford quality is ok, IMO. They're not top tier, and I understood that going in. However, Ford is better at truck type products, so I think it'll be fine. The lack of execution for the launch doesn't give me any concerns about the actual vehicle.

2. I think they'll continue adding options and maybe colors. But they clearly got a little too wrapped up, IMO, with being a little too cutesy about the interior options. There are a few basics that should be universal options, but they eschewed those across the board to try to offer trim-based themes. The idea is fine, but give access to broader options, too (like, say, black, gray, and saddle).

As a final thought, this is new territory for Ford. I think part of their problem is that the process has been very public, so people are primed to think the preproduction models were representative of what they could expect. Couple that with a very enthusiastic community, and you have a recipe for frustration and disappointment. But I think the product that hits the road will be pretty awesome. I'm hoping Ford is learning from its mistakes in the launch process.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The whole thing seems poorly executed - I’ll cut some slack due to Covid, but I’m on fence about ordering at this point. I’m not so in love that I wanna be an early adopter - thinking I’d like to see how it plays out and reconsider in a year or two.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please don’t forget that people have seen these things driving all over the country for a while now and have seen them testing them hard at off road trails. Every time I have the same feeling as you about quality I go back and remember they have been testing these things for a long time now. And appear to not be taking it easy when driving them so I have confidence it will be a great product when we get our hands on it. (And not just testing it this year, this goes back years with mules out there)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience w/Ford is the EXACT opposite of your concerns...over the years there have been models launched w/spectacular marketing, only to be great disasters. In reverse order I can think of the 6.0 diesel, the 95 continental, the 88 continental, the pinto, the Edsel for crying out loud? Whereas even the 64/65 mustang was a botched launch, the 86 Taurus was nearly scrapped, recently the new explorer was a debacle. Horrible launches make great Fords!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like others are starting to have concerns about ordering their Bronco. I know I am. Below are my concerns. Curious if others feel the same or have other concerns.

1. Quality-I am starting to get very concerned about the quality based on the execution of the launch. The video they released the other day on options was complete amateur hour. You would think that would be a very polished and professional video. The site issues are so frustrating and feels like the vehicle is likely to have tons of bugs too.

2. Lack of Options-I was expecting way more options and ways to customize your Bronco. You only get one interior color in the Badlands? I’ve never heard of a car with no interior choices. I know others have mentioned all the stupid things like no roof rack with 2.7 engine.

I really want to order a Bronco, but feeling like it may be a really stupid thing to do.
As you mention quality is a concern to me with everything else that has been a bad experience thus far.
Please don’t forget that people have seen these things driving all over the country for a while now and have seen them testing them hard at off road trails. Every time I have the same feeling as you about quality I go back and remember they have been testing these things for a long time now. And appear to not be taking it easy when driving them so I have confidence it will be a great product when we get our hands on it. (And not just testing it this year, this goes back years with mules out there)
Yes, but they have had a full support team to adjust / tune up and repair failures we have not heard about.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on the other side, I don't see the big deal with the quality of the video I'm buying a truck not hiring a PR firm to make a video for me. Website issues same thing, with so many people pounding the site every 5 minutes to change configurations it's going to lag and TBH am surprised it hasn't all out crashed yet.

As far as the vehicle is concerned my only issue is the people they hired to do the interiors. They are an awful hodgepodge of colors and materials that never should have made it into finalized vehicles. I hope that Ford hears all these complaints and they are never let within 100' of designing interiors again.

Having said that out of all the losers in the interiors, which there are plenty I am not concerned with the vehicles final build quality. If you can find a combo that works for you I am fairly certain the vehicle you receive will perform as or better than expected.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My experience w/Ford is the EXACT opposite of your concerns...over the years there have been models launched w/spectacular marketing, only to be great disasters. In reverse order I can think of the 6.0 diesel, the 95 continental, the 88 continental, the pinto, the Edsel for crying out loud? Whereas even the 64/65 mustang was a botched launch, the 86 Taurus was nearly scrapped, recently the new explorer was a debacle. Horrible launches make great Fords!
I hope your right, I really do.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m buying one. That said, my only concern is really the delivery timeline for mine. I reserved on day 5, but Ford seems intent on screwing the small dealers offering fair pricing, so who knows when I’ll get mine.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as quality, if you haven't seen the early rubicon trail and Moab testing videos posted a few months ago check 'em out. They did pretty well on that extreme terrain. with early prototypes.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My biggest concern is the color of the MIC top. Not really a problem once I take the top off.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They definitely do not have rock stars on the programming team.

Getting iffy on ordering a $53k vehicle without seeing one, sitting in one, test driving one. Second year could remove many concerns and see if issues with recall, TSB, etc happen on 2021 model.
Sponsored