Sponsored

Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco?

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m thinking most hitch racks will definitely need an extension with the rear spare. Additionally, I don’t know how well a hitch mount will work with the rear tailgate swinging out, even if it folds down. I have a Kuat and was taking a look at it installed, I think it’ll need at least a foot extension to clear the tire. From a practicability standpoint I’m going to be really thinking about the Bronco and weighing options until orders open in December to make a final decision.
Sponsored

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an Allen 4 bike rack that was recently purchased for use on my Honda Pilot's receiver hitch. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but it came with good ratings and was inexpensive (I paid $125 or so) and it includes no rattle mounting hardware. With the Bronco, I'll be adding the tow package & just buy an extension to mount bikes past the spare tire
I have this one and have used it many times. I like it. I have the deluxe one that locks in to the receiver and it tilts just by pulling a lever. I haven't moved 4 mountain bikes, but I have taken a heavy beach cruiser, road bike and kids bikes with it and it worked great

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have this one and have used it many times. I like it. I have the deluxe one that locks in to the receiver and it tilts just by pulling a lever. I haven't moved 4 mountain bikes, but I have taken a heavy beach cruiser, road bike and kids bikes with it and it worked great
That’s exactly the model I have. Glad you like it

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it. I live in Rusty pa where a vehicle will rust out before the loan is paid off, and state inspection will fail over rust holes. It's about $500-$1000 a year to rust proof your vehicle every fall. The more aluminum the better. As for rocker panels frame etc, I hope they come powder coated with a nice thick layer of por over that, and a top coat of our favorite color over that. (I would love a lime green or race red frame, sway bars, control arms, axles, transfer case, differentials, etc)

Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I've just been to pick up my new bike (DiamondBack Sync'r for those interested) it just fit in the back of my Grand Cherokee...front wheel off, rear still attached.

Which got me to thinking, it's never going to fit in the 2 door Bronco I've reserved ?

Anybody currently have a 2 door jeep thar carry's a bike? What have you got to carry it around? Roof mount?, Rear mount? Any idea if I could get it in the back with forks hanging over the tail gate?

Ash

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I've just been to pick up my new bike (DiamondBack Sync'r for those interested) it just fit in the back of my Grand Cherokee...front wheel off, rear still attached.

Which got me to thinking, it's never going to fit in the 2 door Bronco I've reserved ?

Anybody currently have a 2 door jeep thar carry's a bike? What have you got to carry it around? Roof mount?, Rear mount? Any idea if I could get it in the back with forks hanging over the tail gate?

Ash
I have used a Hollywood bike rack for the past 4 years. It’s a 4-bike rack style hitch mount.When the bikes are off it folds down so the back hatch can be opened. it should stick out far enough for the spare tire. You will just have to put the handle bar end of the bike on the other side of the tire.
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? BF265310-B947-4C5C-B12F-ACAF64CA2A25

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have used a Hollywood bike rack for the past 4 years. It’s a 4-bike rack style hitch mount.When the bikes are off it folds down so the back hatch can be opened. it should stick out far enough for the spare tire. You will just have to put the handle bar end of the bike on the other side of the tire.
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? BF265310-B947-4C5C-B12F-ACAF64CA2A25
Really dumb question. Would I need the tow package for this or just an aftermarket hitch welded on? I don’t like to void warranty if possible.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really dumb question. Would I need the tow package for this or just an aftermarket hitch welded on? I don’t like to void warranty if possible.
You need a 2” receiver. Does the Bronco come standard with that, or is that part of the tow package? You don’t need the lighting hookup, obviously. I’m still a little unclear of some of the standard bronco amenities.

jproctor2048

First Name
John Proctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Outback, 1981 Jeep CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We currently just throw our 4 mountain bikes in the back of our f-150... the plan is to replace the truck with the bronco. Has anybody have experience with a 4 bike rack of any sort? Good bad - manageability ?
I have the Yakima HoldUp and the +2 (when put together they will hold 4 bikes). Also have the swing out arm that allows you swing the bikes away from the vehicle and open the rear gate. Depending how far the Bronco tire sticks out you might need an extension on the trailer hitch so that the rack clears the rear spare tire. The swing out arms will serve the same purpose. The tray style are nice and protect the bikes from contacting each other. I have had a hanging style Thule that could hold 4 bikes as well. Decent rack but if you had 4 bikes on it they would come in contact with each other. Thule, Kuat and Yakima all make good products. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The bigger issue is do you want hanging stye or a tray style rack. Will definatly pay more for the tray style.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-heavy-duty-double-bike-rack/

1up racks start at two bikes and can upgrade to 3 or 4. These are some of the best racks made. There can be a bit of movement with a 4 rack but it's not bad.

The real issue is the spare tire. Depending on clearance you may have to add a hitch extension which will no doubt add some sway to the setup.
I have a Thule for my Jeep that handles 4 bikes and accommodates my 35” spare no problem. So, if you get one that is meant for Jeep you’re likely fine.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/bike-rack/hitch-bike-racks/thule-camber-4-_-9056

here’s the swing out version that was recommended as well

https://www.thule.com/en-us/bike-rack/hitch-bike-racks/thule-apex-xt-swing-4-_-9027xt

Last edited:

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator did you mean to hyperlink another thread?
Sponsored