Sponsored

Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco?

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've just been to pick up my new bike (DiamondBack Sync'r for those interested) it just fit in the back of my Grand Cherokee...front wheel off, rear still attached.

Which got me to thinking, it's never going to fit in the 2 door Bronco I've reserved ?

Anybody currently have a 2 door jeep thar carry's a bike? What have you got to carry it around? Roof mount?, Rear mount? Any idea if I could get it in the back with forks hanging over the tail gate?

Ash
Try passenger seat back forward, lay chain side up rear wheel up on seat back. Smaller bikes mite fit with the front fork / wheel turned 90 right. Depending on bars and seat post length.
Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try passenger seat back forward, lay chain side up rear wheel up on seat back. Smaller bikes mite fit with the front fork / wheel turned 90 right. Depending on bars and seat post length.
To be fair I used to get my bike in my CRX back home in the UK with just the front wheel off...I'm sure the Bronco is much bigger haha

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking most hitch racks will definitely need an extension with the rear spare. Additionally, I don’t know how well a hitch mount will work with the rear tailgate swinging out, even if it folds down. I have a Kuat and was taking a look at it installed, I think it’ll need at least a foot extension to clear the tire. From a practicability standpoint I’m going to be really thinking about the Bronco and weighing options until orders open in December to make a final decision.
That’s my concern to the point I may look to a spare mounted rack. BUT... I like having the trays. Be nice if Küat could release something like this; Saris has.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone measured roughly the distance from back of front seat to rear gate and it was roughly 48 inches

I'm thinking that's dangerously close to fitting s 58cm roadbike with front wheel removed

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have used this for years with my Jeeps. 1, 2 or 4 bikes. I have the version that does Not require a hitch extension. It has some other nice features like ‘auto nesting’. It is very fast to load and take off bikes.

http://raxterracks.com/index.cfm?id=3&prodID=36

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We currently just throw our 4 mountain bikes in the back of our f-150... the plan is to replace the truck with the bronco. Has anybody have experience with a 4 bike rack of any sort? Good bad - manageability ?
This is what I use in the back of my F-150. It holds 4 bikes with the wheels on and is super easy to put in and take out. I mount it with clamps and clips. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FQ75B6/?tag=rackmaven-20
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 068213F5-138C-444A-8703-D5FA278AE0D4.JPG

Reactions: N3T

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how's all this change since the bronco only has a class II (not III) hitch when equipped with the tow package?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how's all this change since the bronco only has a class II (not III) hitch when equipped with the tow package?
Most racks come ready for either II or III standard or with an adapter from 1-1/4" to 2"

Shouldn't be an issue when getting a rack.

cflogo10

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We currently just throw our 4 mountain bikes in the back of our f-150... the plan is to replace the truck with the bronco. Has anybody have experience with a 4 bike rack of any sort? Good bad - manageability ?
I use the Kuat that pops into a tow hitch..burliest and best mountain bike rack i have ever used, they even have a model with a bike holder to clean and work on the bike as well as a built in cable to lock bikes.

https://www.kuatracks.com/products/
Sponsored