Sponsored

Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco?

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a Jeep once where they had a bolt on swing out tire carrier that had a bike rack built in, and then the somehow modded the tailgate into a flip down. It was pretty slick.
Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an Allen 4 bike rack that was recently purchased for use on my Honda Pilot's receiver hitch. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but it came with good ratings and was inexpensive (I paid $125 or so) and it includes no rattle mounting hardware. With the Bronco, I'll be adding the tow package & just buy an extension to mount bikes past the spare tire
we have a hitch Allen 5 bike rack that tilts away from the rear to allow a rear door to open up. I have not used it on a swing out rear door, as I do not have a hitch extension to use it on my JK so it fits with the 35" spare. I would think the Allen rack tilts enough to allow the bronco gate to swing open with the receiver extension to get it past the spare tire.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking about this:
Swing Away Hitch Accessory | Saris

Should accommodate any rack and fix the tire clearance. Swings the way the door goes so even better. Looks solid and sway should be limited. Just expensive for what it is but already have a nice rack.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we have a hitch Allen 5 bike rack that tilts away from the rear to allow a rear door to open up. I have not used it on a swing out rear door, as I do not have a hitch extension to use it on my JK so it fits with the 35" spare. I would think the Allen rack tilts enough to allow the bronco gate to swing open with the receiver extension to get it past the spare tire.
I have the same Allen rack (5 bike), and when I borrowed my buddy’s receiver extension to get past the 35” spare on my JK, it tilted fine to allow the swing gate to open.

Sponsored

Dirt Dog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just thinking out loud . Even though it's super cool having the spare hanging off the back, what about moving it to the back of the roof. I got thinking how many times do you need the spare vs hanging a bike rack. I think you could still get the front roof panels off. I wonder if thats doable ?

Tulumben

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone able to install a tray style bike rack on their Bronco yet? Would be interested to see pics and hear about experiences (functionality, issues, etc.).

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First MTB trip with the Bronco. I picked up a 7" hitch extension to clear the back wheel and an anti-sway clamp to reduce movement. This rack does hinge away from the vehicle but not enough to open the rear tailgate more than about 30 degrees. What I learned is that my rack sucks with this configuration so I ordered a Velocirax 412 to make loading the bikes easier and hopefully get more access to the trunk. Pics coming soon.

Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 49867
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? IMG_20210731_185932_147

Last edited:

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been using a KUAT rack and it is phenomenal.

As a side note, you are going to need to check the reach of the carriers arm and most likely need a hitch extender to get you clearance from the tire.
Sponsored