Sponsored

Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This took forever to find, http://www.isi-carriers.com/. I just sent a message to find out if they ship to the states, they're in Australia. I have a feeling they don't, if they do I'll have to get the measurements they need and order one. It also looks like you can change out the mount and use on a trailer, very cool.

Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? isi_size_diagram
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? a21905b5c6f43e29b8bdb229ca6b0844
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? featured-image
Sponsored

vb_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m going to get the hitch for my 4-bike rack, but I’m also interested in getting a smaller 2-bike rack that will go on the spare tire so that it will swing away when opening the rear door. But given that the rear view camera is on the center of the spare tire, I’ll have to go with something like this Hollywood rack so that it doesn’t block the camera.

Wouldnt the bike itself block the camera a little? Assuming that works out OK, do you have a link for this bike rack?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone able to check for this measurement? 😇 If so, let me know if SAS or not. Thanks!
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 1634755083779

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone able to check for this measurement? 😇 If so, let me know if SAS or not. Thanks!
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 1634755083779
i got about 12.75 on mine with Squatch

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i got about 12.75 on mine with Squatch
Awesome, thank you!! Finding long delays and shortages on these racks, this should let me get a jump on ordering something before the Bronco arrives and not wait another 8 weeks for a rack, much appreciated!!

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome, thank you!! Finding long delays and shortages on these racks, this should let me get a jump on ordering something before the Bronco arrives and not wait another 8 weeks for a rack, much appreciated!!
same

also center of hole to bottom of tire is about 5.25 i think

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ended up with a kuat pivot. Fits perfectly with squatch.
REI delivered quite quick. Only downside was its the driver side version.
I may still end up with the passenger side version.

Now for recs on cargo trays...anyone got any?

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up with a kuat pivot. Fits perfectly with squatch.
REI delivered quite quick. Only downside was its the driver side version.
I may still end up with the passenger side version.

Now for recs on cargo trays...anyone got any?
Nice. So it's fits the sas no problem? What's wrong with it on the driver side? Need to order one soon lol

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. So it's fits the sas no problem? What's wrong with it on the driver side? Need to order one soon lol
Fits SAS perfectly, I got the driver side Kuat Pivot. I really like the driver side version, you can open the tailgate and work on the bikes at the same time. The Pivot wouldn't work if you have 37" spare.

I can't upload photos, the site doesn't like these .HEIC files from my phone.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fits SAS perfectly, I got the driver side Kuat Pivot. I really like the driver side version, you can open the tailgate and work on the bikes at the same time. The Pivot wouldn't work if you have 37" spare.

Sweet now to go through the struggle of finding one

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Functionally nothing is wrong with it. I am just not sure i like being sandwiched between the two, pivot on left, tail gate on right.

Also wondering if unlatching kuat and tailgate and swinging them in the same direction at same time would be "more comfortable". Since they aren't swinging towards each other maybe less likely for a collision? On the other hand, depending on your rack, more likely to bang rear camera or something.

Either way, the hitch pin sucks because of the wiring harness. (not kuat thing). gotta kinda feed it in behind the hookups then back through the hitch so you have access to the lock. or get a lock where the key faces perpendicular to the pin.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a pain, I can upload pics from my phone but not PC.

I don't know if there is another swing option that would fit, especially with SAS. Anyone that has looked knows these are impossible to find, I started calling all the dealers on the Kuat site in order of distance from my house, scored on shop #6. Someone ordered it a year ago and decided not to buy it, it had only been there a few days. I wanted the passenger side model, but now I wouldn't go that route. The gate/tire would be hitting the bikes and you'd be fighting the 90 degree locks, you wouldn't be able to lock the swing at 90 degrees, it swings to 120 but doesn't lock there. With a fold out tail gate and the driver swing, you can setup shop with easy access to the bikes. Super happy with the setup.

I went with the Yakima On Ramp cause it's off road rated!! JK, dunno what makes it off-road. I needed a rack that could handle full suspension and cruisers with full fenders front/back. Plus it has a ramp for my wife to roll her heavy bike up on the rack.

Anyways, I can finally check the bike setup off the list, good luck!!

Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 18594B17-0CED-4CEC-B0D5-807E472FA146
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? AE1376AD-9FCF-4E46-8C0B-C59CC3EE54B7
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? CC046E28-FDAF-4EB8-B671-EDFB84584887
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? E368A62B-24E7-420A-A510-2F12AB4C5E18
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 2D39341E-A16F-40A1-BCEB-48E10FEF03EC

1487CB6D-2C17-48FA-8C6F-90F50DDAFDB3.jpeg

44932402-91F8-44EA-8829-484474F28530.jpeg

Last edited:

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That was a pain, I can upload pics from my phone but not PC.

I don't know if there is another swing option that would fit, especially with SAS. Anyone that has looked knows these are impossible to find, I started calling all the dealers on the Kuat site in order of distance from my house, scored on shop #6. Someone ordered it a year ago and decided not to buy it, it had only been there a few days. I wanted the passenger side model, but now I wouldn't go that route. The gate/tire would be hitting the bikes and you'd be fighting the 90 degree locks, you wouldn't be able to lock the swing at 90 degrees, it swings to 120 but doesn't lock there. With a fold out tail gate and the driver swing, you can setup shop with easy access to the bikes. Super happy with the setup.

I went with the Yakima On Ramp cause it's off road rated!! JK, dunno what makes it off-road. I needed a rack that could handle full suspension and cruisers with full fenders front/back. Plus it has a ramp for my wife to roll her heavy bike up on the rack.

Anyways, I can finally check the bike setup off the list, good luck!!

Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 44932402-91F8-44EA-8829-484474F28530
Good point about the bikes hitting. I''d not really considered how a tray carrier would differ from hanging carrier.

got any pics of how it looks in the rear camera with the tray folded up

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

got any pics of how it looks in the rear camera with the tray folded up
I don't have pics folded up, I'll have to put the rack back on. Removed the rack since I'm down 2-3 weeks, have to wait on a shock rebuild at the factory, ruined the ride Sunday. :(

DaggerBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi, just wanted to add onto this thread since it helped me make a great decision on the whole hitch rack issue.

I already had a thule T2 and as others have mentioned, it is pretty much a no-go without either a substantial drop-down adapter or a swing out adapter.

I ended up getting the kuat pivot v2 and it is awesome, like it was made for the bronco. I got the passenger side swing out, which doesn't block the number plate, and has plenty of clearance to open the tailgate even without extending the rack past 90 degrees (which the kuat can do).

Don't bother with the rakattach or the yakima ones. They both have issues with the lever hitting the spare.

As you can see i have a black diamond without sasquatch, but there would be plenty of clearance for a larger spare as well.

Cheers!
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 20220805_114435
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 20220805_135347
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 20220805_115032
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 20220805_135521
Sponsored