Sponsored

Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations?

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1up and ask them for "reverse plates" and you'll be able to fold the rack down and open the swing gate with the bike still on.

IMG_1807.jpeg
Sponsored

glphoto

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a Kuat Pivot and a 1Up USA rack. Buy once cry once. Best combo you'll ever need or want. Spendy but worth it in every way. Use a 1Up vs a Thule or Yakima and the difference is night and day. Buy once cry once, one and done.

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? IMG_1807
Is that a Firebird, I still have my old 2016 Firebird, great bikes, looking at getting the Pivot Shuttle

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.saris.com/product/superclamp-ex-2
It required a hitch extension on my Badlands, but works for both my fat and plus bikes with the right “shoes” for the tires. Comes with a pin lock and is very easy to use and secure.

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? 1638922949459

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? 1638923250049

Last edited:

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rockymounts also make a swing-out which I was looking at…that’s before I saw the pics above on the Kuat Pivot. I’d like a 2-bike setup that will handle fat tire bikes as well as regular bikes, so the Rockymounts may still be the better choice. The Pivot looks very light and sano, though…hmm…

https://rockymounts.com/backstage/

Pjhatlanta

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1up and ask them for "reverse plates" and you'll be able to fold the rack down and open the swing gate with the bike still on.

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? 1638923250049
Do you have more pics with the reverse plates? I M about to order a 1up and trying to decide if I should do the reverse plates or not. any cons to it?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't need the reverse plates, with an extension everything is fine. Where the reverse plates would be nice is loading height.

I can open my rear door (no bikes) just fine with the rack in the lowered position (BL Non-SAS). I have no use case where I'd need to open the rear door with the bikes on and with e-bikes they're way too heavy anyway for that.

Our e-bikes are super heavy and it would have been nice to get them and have a slightly lower lift height.

I didn't as I use the 1UP on both the Bronco and my Grand Cherokee and I was concerned the reversed plates would be too low for the GC.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Thule 2 bike rack from my 4Runner days that I plan to use. I will have to get an extension bar tho after I install the hitch I think in order to clear the spare tire.

move heard good things about Kuat, and almost went with them, but the Thule was cheaper if i remember correctly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had given this a lot of thought. I considered the RockyMount Backstage, but ended up with the Thule T2 Pro XTR and this extender that permits two levels of attachment. I mounted the Thule in the lower 2" channel, and the rear door can clear the rack with no problem. It will reduce the angle of departure, so if I want to take it off road, I can switch it to the top channel, but won't have enough clearance for the door. Here are photos of my installation, and links to the Thule Bike rack and the HITOWMFG Dual Receiver Extension. This was a low cost receiver extension but seems to sturdy enough. I will keep an eye on it for stress failures, but don't think it will be a problem. Ya never know though.

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? tempImageFGRelR

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? tempImage2IEkxq

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? 1648604287965

Ford Bronco Bike rack (in the hitch) recommendations? 1648604347437

https://www.thule.com/en-ca/bike-rack/hitch-bike-racks/thule-t2-pro-xtr-2---125-_-9035XTR

HITOWMFG Dual Receiver Extender Trailer Towing Hitch Extension(GTW 5,000 lbs)
by HITOWMFG
Learn more: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073TDQ7BC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_ESBQAK3AWGE1A8GN3W3Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Kuat Sherpa 2.0... when my bronco finally arrives Im either going to do the extender or get the swing arm.... big price difference though! haha

Also for any of you that may be doing the Bronco Super Celebration East, there's a new bike park right down the road from the venue... its called VeeHollow.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Thule T2 Pro and with a straight extender, it's a complete no-go. Even with no bikes on it, you can't open the tailgate at all. You'd need a drop hitch, however, I'm looking for a new rack.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Thule T2 Pro and with a straight extender, it's a complete no-go. Even with no bikes on it, you can't open the tailgate at all. You'd need a drop hitch, however, I'm looking for a new rack.
I am very happy with the drop hitch extender. I had a Rockymount backstage mounted with a straight 6" Extender, and really didn't like it at all. So I keep looking and when I found the extender with two receivers, I was sold on that with a Thule. I posted photos of mine with the drop hitch extension, and it allows the door to open completely. see my previous posts above with photos.

Last edited:

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does your rack tilt down and away? the rack I have does, so I figured that would let the tailgate open...
Sponsored