John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a setting that allows you to turn off the rear sensor. I sure would appreciate an image of the backup camera screen, with the Pivot/NV installed. If its manageable, I certainly would prefer that setup for the added clearance. Some of the trailheads I like to go to are down rough roads and I'm concerned my current setup will drag.
Here's a picture backing up to the surf with the Kuat Pivot installed, but no bike rack. I leave the pivot on all the time, because I also have a surf fishing gear rack I use with the Pivot2. I'm at Amelia Island State Park, without bikes. With bike rack installed, its more obscured, that photo later unless i find one on my phone. I put stick-on reflectors on the racks, since I dont have that fancy tail light set you do!

20220518_123933.jpg

20220518_124017.jpg

20220518_130249.jpg
Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw the passenger side swing Pivot V2 on REI and jumped on it.

Now just waiting for the raptor to come in.
I hope yours has been built. I’m scheduled for the 29th and hoping it sticks. So now I’m toy shopping while I wait.

Any chance you’ve had time to reflect on your Pivot purchase? I’ve been trying to figure out if this will work as cleanly as it appears, but without the truck it’s all a guess!

What rack are you getting/have? I thinking the NV 2.0, it seems to be rugged enough and can handle pedal assist MTBs in the not too distant future.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope yours has been built. I’m scheduled for the 29th and hoping it sticks. So now I’m toy shopping while I wait.

Any chance you’ve had time to reflect on your Pivot purchase? I’ve been trying to figure out if this will work as cleanly as it appears, but without the truck it’s all a guess!

What rack are you getting/have? I thinking the NV 2.0, it seems to be rugged enough and can handle pedal assist MTBs in the not too distant future.
I have the NV 2.0. Beautiful piece of machinery. I've never taken the Pivot off my Bronco since i got it, 14,500 miles later, its still a beautiful piece of machinery. I use it for the bike rack, my beach surf fish/cooler rack, or with nothing at all. I think that the vehicle would be unusable without a Pivot to move the rack so I can open the rear gate. When im not biking, the NV2 rack comes off, the Pivot stays, the pin is hard to remove. See photos i just took for you. KUAT Is expensive, and worth the money. Reliable.

If youre getting Sasquatch, know that there are 2" space between my Pivot and my 32" tire. A 35" tire should move it 1.5" closer, giving you a half inch clearance, BUT thats just a guess . . . I have no SAS with hitch to try it on!

Screenshot_20220814-193415_Gallery.jpg

20220814_192830.jpg

20220814_192910.jpg

20220814_192940.jpg

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the NV 2.0. Beautiful piece of machinery. I've never taken the Pivot off my Bronco since i got it, 14,500 miles later, its still a beautiful piece of machinery. I use it for the bike rack, my beach surf fish/cooler rack, or with nothing at all. I think that the vehicle would be unusable without a Pivot to move the rack so I can open the rear gate. When im not biking, the NV2 rack comes off, the Pivot stays, the pin is hard to remove. See photos i just took for you. KUAT Is expensive, and worth the money. Reliable.

If youre getting Sasquatch, know that there are 2" space between my Pivot and my 32" tire. A 35" tire should move it 1.5" closer, giving you a half inch clearance, BUT thats just a guess . . . I have no SAS with hitch to try it on!

Screenshot_20220814-193415_Gallery.jpg

20220814_192830.jpg

20220814_192910.jpg

20220814_192940.jpg
Great pics, especially the marked up side view. Thanks for these! Your set up is clean and super handy with swing out!

The potential problem is that I'm waiting on a Raptor which has 37x12.5” tires. The tire width looks like no problem but 37”s wouldn’t seem to work with the 2” gap as shown. But the Raptor also has different spare tire mounting hardware so they may have bumped the tire up a little. Maybe not. Who knows? None have been delivered yet.

But if the picture below is accurate, it looks they’ve hung the tire higher and like it should work.

3F02ED3E-BAB3-4CAE-A749-45C25D857D63.jpeg

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great pics, especially the marked up side view. Thanks for these! Your set up is clean and super handy with swing out!

The potential problem is that I'm waiting on a Raptor which has 37x12.5” tires. The tire width looks like no problem but 37”s wouldn’t seem to work with the 2” gap as shown. But the Raptor also has different spare tire mounting hardware so they may have bumped the tire up a little. Maybe not. Who knows? None have been delivered yet.

But if the picture below is accurate, it looks they’ve hung the tire higher and like it should work.

Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco 3F02ED3E-BAB3-4CAE-A749-45C25D857D63
Yes, it LOOKS like they've raised up the 37" tire with a bracket to have the same clearance as the stock 32" tire! Someone at Ford should know! But can you be sure enough to order the Pivot? They are hard to find . . . Nice rig. Good luck.

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, it LOOKS like they've raised up the 37" tire with a bracket to have the same clearance as the stock 32" tire! Someone at Ford should know! But can you be sure enough to order the Pivot? They are hard to find . . . Nice rig. Good luck.
I found the pivot passenger side at full price with a generous return policy. Might even catch some discount on the Pivot and NV at end of summer sale. Just in time before I get my Raptor and my wife’s Defender (also has the spare out back to work around). Thanks again for the info, very handy.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine actually just got built last week...but still no word on delivery.

I actually already purchased a Kuat Pivot V2 from REI, as they had it in stock so I snagged it.

I saw a post with one on a sasquatch, and It looked like the increase in ~1 inch (since the width increase would be split by top and bottom) seemed like it would work.

I also ordered a Quikrstuff Mach 2 rack, which should ship around end of September.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine actually just got built last week...but still no word on delivery.

I actually already purchased a Kuat Pivot V2 from REI, as they had it in stock so I snagged it.

I saw a post with one on a sasquatch, and It looked like the increase in ~1 inch (since the width increase would be split by top and bottom) seemed like it would work.

I also ordered a Quikrstuff Mach 2 rack, which should ship around end of September.
Thanks! From the picture it sure looks like they hang the 37”s a lot higher on the tailgate. I’m feeling pretty good now that this is going to work perfectly. And REI has a great return policy!

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of you with the Pivot and the factory towing, have you found a way to get the locking hitch pin on? With the trailer wiring there is no room. I’m struggling to imagine how I can even get a simple cotter pin on the hitch pin!

I’m excited to use this with my 1UP rack.
Sponsored