SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

for those who have the driver side swing out version of the KUAT PIVOT V2, what are you doing to make your license plate visible? from the pictures in this thread, the license plate seems to be blocked.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same problem with my Jeep, but went in a different direction. Since I just carry one bike on the rack I went with this Allen rack. Works great, but I wouldn't use it with two bikes as all of the weight is on the tailgate hinges. When closing the gate you can tell the extra weight causes the hinges to flex a little. So, I know two bikes wouldn't be good at all without heavier hinges.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Sports...locphy=9010585&hvtargid=pla-365069381253&th=1

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am glad you posted this. I am an NV2 user and bought the pivot 2 in anticipation of the extender problem. My ability to transport bikes is paramount and more important than the Bronco itself.

In your third picture, the locking pin does not seem to be within the actual hitch assembly that is part of the vehicle. In other words, the pin does not appear to be locking the rack to anything. Am I incorrect?
Yes, thats to show how an extender is needed, either a straight extender, or in my case, the Kuat Pivot gives it the exact extra 8" or so that it needs.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you guys thing the pivot V2, passenger sid
I was going to create my own post but figured id comment on another since there are a lot. I too have kuat pivot and a kuat rack. mine fits on my obx with 315/70/17's
IMG_4091.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg
IMG_4084.jpg
Do you guys thing the pivot V2, passenger side, would work with the Raptor? Its super tight on a sas, but i dont know any other options if u have 37's

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you guys thing the pivot V2, passenger sid

Do you guys thing the pivot V2, passenger side, would work with the Raptor? Its super tight on a sas, but i dont know any other options if u have 37's
I would think so. I have 315's on mine and there is a ton of room.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw the passenger side swing Pivot V2 on REI and jumped on it.

Now just waiting for the raptor to come in.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My OBX was released from Purgatory on Dirt Mountain on October 8 (July 22 Blend) and I picked it up from Palmetto Ford on October 21 at the agreed-upon MSRP. Its a great car. I've had a great time playing with the three MIC panels as I drive it around.

There are so many tire, wheel & suspension posts, I thought I'd share my experience about something I know, namely fitting the Bronco with a bike rack that will carrying two bikes for trail and Beach riding in Charleston SC

20211021_153931.jpg

At Palmetto Ford, Charleston with Tom Slawson, salesman. My son is holding a 1994 photo of us on the Race Point, Cape Cod beach in my 1986ish Bronco (see my profile). We'll be driving the Eastern Seaboard beaches ASAP in the OBX.
Screenshot_20211022-194042_Gallery.jpg

A Bike Rack will not fit (photo above) without an extender, because the spare tire is in the way, so I used A Kuaat Pivot as an extender for the Kuaat rack, so that the entire assembly swings out of the way when i want to open the back door. Kuat is very well built and reliable, but the two together are about $1,100. This was previously on my F150. In bike racks, you get what you pay for.

20211022_143632.jpg

The photo above shows how much the spare tire prevents the Kuat bike rack from entering the receiver. I needed at least 8 more inches before I could slide the pin through the hole in the receiver The entire loaded rack extends out 3'9" from the rear bumper, but at least the whole rig fits in a parking space! The F150 with the loaded rack wouldnt was hard to park at 24'!
20211022_145334.jpg

Above: thats a yardstick, showing the loaded Kuat rack on the Pivot swing rack extending well over 3' beyond the rear bumper.

20211022_150011.jpg

Above, the Kuat rack, mounted to the Pivot, swings completely out of the way so that the rear door and window can be opened.

20211022_152102.jpg

20211022_184644.jpg

20211022_184732.jpg

Here is the empty rack, folded up out of the way, plugged into the Kuaat Pivot Extender.
I got a Kuat pivot as well, for my hitch haul. I needed something to swing out of the way for unloading my dogs. I flipped it upside down and have it pivot to the drivers side. With the Squatch pkg, I have plenty of ground clearance so the pivot locking handle doesn't hit the ground.

Utley06

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX Sassy Style
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kuat Piston Pro X

This one is ridiculously pricey, but it works well with the Bronco. I ride 3-4 times a week, so my rack stays on at all times and needs to be super convenient.

With the Kuat HiLo attachment and folded in the stowed position, your camera view isn't blocked

With the HiLo attachment and rack folded all the way down, you clear sasquatch 35" tires as long as the first trays arm is up out of the way. It's a hydraulic arm and raises with the push of a button, so its super easy. With the non-sasquatch, I bet you wouldn't need to open the tray.

If you fold the 1st trays arm all the way down (manually), you can open your tailgate all the way out.

* Fords hydraulic tailgate feature, where it only opens up 3/4 of the way is great with bike racks. Keeps your tailgate from hitting bike when loaded and folded back.

** The Pro X is Kuats premium verson with Kashima hydraulics and integrated taillights. They will be coming out with the standard version at some point, and it should be more affordable. I'm not a fan of the integrated taillights and the Kashima is not necessary, if you want this rack and can wait for the standard version, thats what I would recommend.

KuatCamera.jpg

KuatFolded1.jpg

Kuatclearance.jpg

Kuatclearance1.jpg

KuatHilo.jpg

hilo.jpeg

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kuat Piston Pro X

This one is ridiculously pricey, but it works well with the Bronco. I ride 3-4 times a week, so my rack stays on at all times and needs to be super convenient.

With the Kuat HiLo attachment and folded in the stowed position, your camera view isn't blocked

With the HiLo attachment and rack folded all the way down, you clear sasquatch 35" tires as long as the first trays arm is up out of the way. It's a hydraulic arm and raises with the push of a button, so its super easy. With the non-sasquatch, I bet you wouldn't need to open the tray.

If you fold the 1st trays arm all the way down (manually), you can open your tailgate all the way out.

* Fords hydraulic tailgate feature, where it only opens up 3/4 of the way is great with bike racks. Keeps your tailgate from hitting bike when loaded and folded back.

** The Pro X is Kuats premium verson with Kashima hydraulics and integrated taillights. They will be coming out with the standard version at some point, and it should be more affordable. I'm not a fan of the integrated taillights and the Kashima is not necessary, if you want this rack and can wait for the standard version, thats what I would recommend.

KuatCamera.jpg

KuatFolded1.jpg

Kuatclearance.jpg

Kuatclearance1.jpg

KuatHilo.jpg

hilo.jpeg
Looks like you made that work without the Pivot, which does move the entire rack out of the way for loading, but adds cost! Nice rack!

Utley06

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like you made that work without the Pivot, which does move the entire rack out of the way for loading, but adds cost! Nice rack!

The Pivot and the Hilo extend the same length; however, the pivot cannot be flipped in the low position, so It ends up blocking your backup camera. If the camera wasn't an issue, I would have probably gone with a Yakima hold up and backswing. That holdup is nice and compact, looks tight and rugged.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Pivot and the Hilo extend the same length; however, the pivot cannot be flipped in the low position, so It ends up blocking your backup camera. If the camera wasn't an issue, I would have probably gone with a Yakima hold up and backswing. That holdup is nice and compact, looks tight and rugged.
That makes sense. My camera works with the Pivot, i can see, its just partly obscured and beeps!

Utley06

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That makes sense. My camera works with the Pivot, i can see, its just partly obscured and beeps!

There is a setting that allows you to turn off the rear sensor. I sure would appreciate an image of the backup camera screen, with the Pivot/NV installed. If its manageable, I certainly would prefer that setup for the added clearance. Some of the trailheads I like to go to are down rough roads and I'm concerned my current setup will drag.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco hilo
I've got the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 and a Yakima Straightshot Hitch Extender. The Hi-Lo looks like a better solution so I can swing open the tailgate. (y)

Utley06

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 and a Yakima Straightshot Hitch Extender. The Hi-Lo looks like a better solution so I can swing open the tailgate. (y)

I actually had the Sherpa 2.0 prior to the Piston Pro. It's an excellent rack! However, it does block the camera. The Sherpa is so damn light that its crazy easy to take on and off if you're fine with that and want it out of the way from your camera.

Kuat makes a Hilo and a Hilo Pro.

The hilo pro gives you the anti-wobble feature as well as a lock, but it only allows you 1 extension lenght (10")

The standard hilo allows you to choose from 6" or 10" extension lengths, it did not wobble at all, so the anti-wobble feature wasn't really necessary, and I just added a lock to mine.

With the Sherpa 2.0 and the standard hilo in the 6" length setting, I could open my tailgate all the way and it folded up nice and tight against the back end. Has a very clean look!

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually had the Sherpa 2.0 prior to the Piston Pro. It's an excellent rack! The Sherpa is so damn light that its crazy easy to take on and off if you're fine with that and want it out of the way from your camera.

With the Sherpa 2.0 and the standard hilo in the 6" length setting, I could open my tailgate all the way and it folded up nice and tight against the back end. Has a very clean look!
Thanks @Utley06 !!
Yes - the Sherpa 2.0 is crazy light. I love it for the low weight. Placed an order for a Hi-Lo just a moment ago.
Sponsored