Sponsored

Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I second the Kuat Pivot. v2

I started with only the Kuat Transfer v2, but the spare SAS tire hit the knuckle when trying to open the tailgate. Added the Kuat Pivot and problem solved. As an added bonus, both Kuat products have the FlatLock tightening system that prevents any movement in the hitch.

IMG_0112.jpeg
Yes. Ditto. Very sturdy system, you get what you pay for in bike racks.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kuat NV 2.0 and Kuat pivot owner here, love the setup. Incredibly stable and fits the bronco perfectly. Itā€™s a bit on the pricy side for the pivot, but the build quality is ridiculously solid. I like to know the big metal hunk hanging off the back of my truck wonā€™t fall and kill someone on the freeway šŸ˜…

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rocky Mounts Backstage is also a good option. I have been using it for about a year now with no issues. I use an 8-inch Curt hitch extension and a couple of rubber isolators, which clears the Sasquatch rear tireā€”also made in America by a Colorado company.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get a KUAT NV 2.0 Bike Rack with a 7ā€-8ā€ hitch extender (I did a drop/rise hitch extender for SAS tire clearance)

Kuat Racks NV 2.0 Bike Rack https://a.co/d/aLyGGHe

TOPTOW 64122 2-inch Receiver Trailer Hitch Extension Riser with 4.25-inch Rise/Drop, 7" & 9" Extender, 2-inch Solid Shank, 10000lbs Towing Capacity, Anti-Rattle Bolt https://a.co/d/8v0RDgo

IMG_1065.jpeg

IMG_0816.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg

IMG_0788.jpeg
I have a 2022 Bronco wildtrak 4 door. I am interested in getting a bike rack that fits 2 bikes. Do you guys have any recommendations. Thank you. Appreciate the help
I did a 4" rise/drop extender with my Thule T2 Pro X two bike rack which I've used for a long time. The Thule is similar in capacity to the Kuat. The 4" drop allows the tailgate to open over the bike rack (with no bike on, of course) on my non-sas BD. I had some clearance between the rack and the tire so I added a hole in the riser 2" from the original to get the rack closer to the tire. The hitch tightener that I have doesn't work in the closer hole. With my tire size, I can use the riser/drop in the 'up' position with the bike rack to gain ground clearance.

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 1685986420178
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 1685986522677
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 1685986459365
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 1685986586756

OP
OP
Osky305

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get a KUAT NV 2.0 Bike Rack with a 7ā€-8ā€ hitch extender (I did a drop/rise hitch extender for SAS tire clearance)

Kuat Racks NV 2.0 Bike Rack https://a.co/d/aLyGGHe

TOPTOW 64122 2-inch Receiver Trailer Hitch Extension Riser with 4.25-inch Rise/Drop, 7" & 9" Extender, 2-inch Solid Shank, 10000lbs Towing Capacity, Anti-Rattle Bolt https://a.co/d/8v0RDgo

Absolutely beautiful man. Congrats. amazing looking bronco. Thanks for the info

Sponsored

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the money, you can't beat the Kuat Transfer v2. Relatively cheap, lightweight, and capable of transporting ebikes if you ever decide to go that route. You can also add an extension to it to make it a 3 bike rack if you decide you need an extra spot. Also comes with a pretty heavy duty lock cable/set of keys included which is nice. Pretty much covers all bases while being super simple and easy to use.

Added bonus: when combined with Thule's hitch extender (probably Kuat's too) it folds down perfectly low enough to allow full operation of the swingate so you don't have to take it on and off all the time if you don't want to. I've tried a few different hitch racks with the Bronco now and all have annoyed me in some way until I bought the Transfer setup - I really have no complaints at all with this one.
Glad to hear that, I just bought the Kuat Transfer v2 but haven't had a chance to put it together yet. I have a random hitch extender too, which I may upgrade at some point. I just wanted something that I could leave on my Bronco for the full season. Can you still use the rear camera when the rack is on and folded up without any bikes on it?

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad to hear that, I just bought the Kuat Transfer v2 but haven't had a chance to put it together yet. I have a random hitch extender too, which I may upgrade at some point. I just wanted something that I could leave on my Bronco for the full season. Can you still use the rear camera when the rack is on and folded up without any bikes on it?
Yep, it doesn't obstruct the view too bad - hasn't been an issue for me at all.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yakima Backswing and 1-Up, have had my 1-Up for over 14 years and still looks new and the Backswing allows access to the rear without removing the bike.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No tow pkg on mineā€¦ I installed one of these since Iā€™m not towing anything. The receiver portion is long enough to extend past the spare tire without an extension. One solid piece for security and stability. Just watch your shins when loading cargoā€¦

Draw-Tite 76527 Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2-Inch Receiver, Black, Compatable with 2021-2022 Ford Bronco
https://a.co/d/8VzOeNV
You must not offroad much with that thing sticking out so far messing up your departure angle...

Sponsored

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You must not offroad much with that thing sticking out so far messing up your departure angle...
I got it so Iā€™d have a rock steady mount that I can secure my bike rack to. Definitely not ideal for rock crawlers looking to maintain the departure angle.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_5854

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_5856
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_5858

Getting ready for a 12hr road trip to Asheville. Photos show my 1up rack mounted with the Draw-Tite 76527 I linked in post #11. It folds up tight against the spare tire. Unfortunately, it wonā€™t clear the swing gate without removing the bike. However, it will tilt down to clear liftgates like the Yukon, Expedition, 4-Runner, Subarus, etcā€¦

I also included a photo of the 1up rack showing the all aluminum construction. No plastic wheel cradles, no plastic straps, no plastic anything to break. I previously ran a Thule T2. Also a great rack till the plastics start to break down.

NY WLDTRKBRONCO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the 1 up, and the kuat pivot that opens towards the driver's side, and no extension is needed.
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0529 copy

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I second the Kuat Pivot. v2

I started with only the Kuat Transfer v2, but the spare SAS tire hit the knuckle when trying to open the tailgate. Added the Kuat Pivot and problem solved. As an added bonus, both Kuat products have the FlatLock tightening system that prevents any movement in the hitch.

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0529 copy
pequigah

Does your Driver Side Kuat Pivot V2 block and bask up or camera features?

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pequigah

Does your Driver Side Kuat Pivot V2 block and bask up or camera features?
@George De
Yes, the one downside is that it blocks one of the backup sensors in the bumper. Thankfully there's a button to disable the sensors but you either have to push it every time you put it in reverse or deal with the beeping from the pivot arm. I thought about trying to disconnect the one sensor that is blocked but it wasn't easy to get to from what I could tell.

Backup Camera is fine unless you have bikes on the rack but they would interfere no mater what kind of rack you had.
Sponsored