Sponsored

Bikini top you can keep in the Bronco for when you are caught in rain?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I have had a couple of Jeeps and love having the top down even when it is cloudy, etc. It was just so nice to not worry and if you get caught in the rain to just pull into a gas station, grab a small bikini top(front row only and takes up almost no storage room) under the back seat, and throw it on in less than 2 minutes. Have you guys seen one for these for the Bronco besides this one?

https://broncobastards.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-bikini-top

I am not looking for bimini mesh tops that let rain through because the bikini tops that block the rain. also block the sun. Mesh just has never been as practical to me.

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TravisD

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess you could still drive if you cut a hole in the driver window area and stick your head out. I suspect Bestop will have a non mesh version of the bimini as some point
Way back in the day when I was still young, and the B&P for the 2021 first came out, there were two options for the bimini from Bestop listed. Both mesh and solid but for some reason the solid option disappeared. It will be back soon I suspect.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping there will be a lot of options for things like this announced at SEMA. I'm expecting my Christmas list to be full of Bronco goodness.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you could still drive if you cut a hole in the driver window area and stick your head out. I suspect Bestop will have a non mesh version of the bimini as some point
Maybe I didn't understand on a rainy day this can be used if at say I go to to mall and go inside and worried it may rain.

This is the mesh roof I plan to buy (Reason it can stay on with soft top)

https://www.gearshade.com

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Guys - Just trying to decide between MIC, soft top, etc. I always felt the best way to enjoy a Jeep/Bronco is to take the top off as much as possible, and to not spend tons of time on it. That is why I liked Bikini tops so much as they stow so easily under a seat and you can have the top off with no worries on cloudy or overcast days.

My first Wrangler had a removable full size soft top so I could unseal/unsnap it in about 30 seconds and pull the entire thing off the rails and just throw it in the garage and take off. So much quicker than removing the windows, putting them in a protection bag and storing them, breakdown the top with best folding so it only sticks up 18" in the back, etc., plus you save on Bronco interior space when you can quickly remove your soft top. When it takes 5 minutes to take the top down and you are only driving 4 miles down to the store, etc., most people end up leaving their tops on a lot more. You will notice there are few pictures of Broncos with the soft top down, and I would be so pumped if I could jerk the soft top completely off in less than 2 minutes, but either way I am sure it will be great.

Without the Bikini top, and without having to keep the backseat/trunk area full of the front pieces of the MIC hard top in case of bad weather all the time, I will just go ahead and get the MIC for winter and the soft top for summer. Just hoping Ford will sell us the painted/quieter modular top at the same price they will charge new Bronco buyers, when they become available some day. I am sure Bestop. or someone similar, should come out with a simple Bikini top soon and will keep an eye on SEMA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just noticed that on the 2D the Trektop option is the only top available, and that it does not fold all the way down, and is an extra $1k buying it through Ford. So basically, there is not a good soft top or bikini top available for the 2D Bronco and that hurts. Really hoping something comes out soon.
Sponsored