Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went offroading up to Bill Moore Lake yesterday (outside of Empire, Colorado). Not sure how people on here feel about TikTok but my wife put together this montage of our trip, turned out pretty good IMO

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR16XLDc/?k=1

Overall it was a great day with awesome views. The trail itself was moderate, I did use the rear locker in a couple steep loose areas (about 20 deg incline). Scraped up the skid plates in a couple rocky areas (i have a Badlands non sasquatch), probably mostly due to me picking a bad line. Also unfortunately scraped up one of my rims on a rock, but oh well. A lot of snow still melting at 11k feet which made for some fun mud pit crossings too.

20220624_122851.jpg

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're a brave soul going through all that water alone!

I have not been up to Bill Moore Lake, but it sure looks gorgeous. Congrats on getting over 11,000 feet. I'm looking forward to hitting Colorado's many high mountain passes later this summer.

P.S. I like TikTok, but only because my son has an awesome channel about horror movies and an ongoing series on slasher films where he acts out all the characters. If you plan to post more Bronco stuff, I'll follow your channel too.

OP
OP
chartzilla

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're a brave soul going through all that water alone!

I have not been up to Bill Moore Lake, but it sure looks gorgeous. Congrats on getting over 11,000 feet. I'm looking forward to hitting Colorado's many high mountain passes later this summer.

P.S. I like TikTok, but only because my son has an awesome channel about horror movies and an ongoing series on slasher films where he acts out all the characters. If you plan to post more Bronco stuff, I'll follow your channel too.
Luckily the water wasn't all that deep and I did have recovery gear with me in case something went wrong. I also made sure to read trail reports from a couple days prior to going out and confirmed with others that it wasn't bad.

And yes, we'll definitely be posting more videos this summer! Planning on doing the Deer Creek and Saints John loop outside Montezuma, CO next weekend.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily the water wasn't all that deep and I did have recovery gear with me in case something went wrong. I also made sure to read trail reports from a couple days prior to going out and confirmed with others that it wasn't bad.

And yes, we'll definitely be posting more videos this summer! Planning on doing the Deer Creek and Saints John loop outside Montezuma, CO next weekend.

Will be in Keystone early Aug and plan to do Redcone one day. Probably also hit some other stuff around Montezuma another day we are there. Cant wait to see some video of Deer Creek and Saints John. Want to hit up Bill Moore but probably a couple years out...think next year we are going to take a day trip from Keystone to spend the night and hit a trail or two in MOAB.
Sponsored