Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 6100's showing up next Wednesday. They are only about $1200usd for the set up with new bolts. What do the 5100's run price wise?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Besides the lift aspect, are these really better than the Hitachis in dampening/ride performance? Just curious.

Yes, mostly likely the 5100s are better, but, the actual ride difference will depend on how much preload you put on the springs. I've used 5100s on my Tacoma for years, but spring choice and setting was by far the limiting factor in ride quality.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Besides the lift aspect, are these really better than the Hitachis in dampening/ride performance? Just curious.
Should be a stiffer shock which will help with heavier tires. I had 35s on my Big Bend and for my next bronco I wanted a little more dampening. I paid $550 to my door, so not to much more than Icon 3" spacer kit I was looking at. 5100 will most likely last longer than the Hitachi shocks with the bigger tires anyways.

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They do seem better dampening , a Little bit stiffer but hugs to corner round turns, I do believe that they’re better than a spacer lift , it seems like got about 3 inches all the way around both photos the same tires same air pressure that’s just from the floor in the garage up to the fender

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll be putting my wild track tires and wheels on Saturday I’m just hoping the lug nuts are the same

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They look great my speedometer is of by 4-5 miles per hour, need to find someone with forscan, I think it is about 1 inch taller that a Sasquatch package

8A3BF2DC-6F0D-4D37-BD44-F45C38BEF0C2.jpeg

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the 6100's showing up next Wednesday. They are only about $1200usd for the set up with new bolts. What do the 5100's run price wise?
The whole thing cost me around $1,400 installed with the alignment, not sure of the shock price maybe $150, each

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have to know one thing about this lift and the larger tire on a stock black diamond, you will be trading your “miles per gallon”for “smiles per mile,” 😁

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do there's change the CV angle much?

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really feel for the remaining early reservation holders getting bumped (unless they 99ed). I was a later 2020 reservation. Still waiting but at least scheduled… theoretically (bumped 5 times in 5 weeks). Good luck to you all. It is insane and unforgivable thst Ford has treated their biggest enthusiasts this way. My guess is the next Jeep update will take a big an permanent bite out of Bronco sales. At least they don’t shit on their most loyal customers. @Ford Motor Company

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 4 B8 5100's in a box in my office that ran me $350 this time last year. They're around $400 with taxes and shipping now.

Last edited:

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They look great my speedometer is of by 4-5 miles per hour, need to find someone with forscan, I think it is about 1 inch taller that a Sasquatch package

Ford Bronco Bilstein 5100 adjustable lift shocks installed. Before & after pics (updated with Wildtrak tires & wheels) 8A3BF2DC-6F0D-4D37-BD44-F45C38BEF0C2
Superchips has a Falshcal for Bronco, $200.
Change tire size, start/stop, double honk among other things.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
They do seem better dampening , a Little bit stiffer but hugs to corner round turns, I do believe that they’re better than a spacer lift , it seems like got about 3 inches all the way around both photos the same tires same air pressure that’s just from the floor in the garage up to the fender
Did you say “hugs to corner round turns?” Any brake dive or random squirliness? Sasquatch sometimes has a mind of its own around turns at speed. 😬

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you say “hugs to corner round turns?” Any brake dive or random squirliness? Sasquatch sometimes has a mind of its own around turns at speed. 😬
I don’t find any of the dive or excessive lean in turns very stable , much better than before, I had the stock Hitachi shocks.
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne