Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In case it helps those considering the 5100 route and concerns wheeling - Just ran these pretty hard for three days at Moab. 5100s at 1.5" with 35's. Ran Moab level 5/6 trails like a champ. No issues when flexing, up/down notable ledges, or running dirt trails at 30-35 mph. I did Off-Roadeo then took mine on the trails the next day for comparison. The SAS setup was softer and more comfortable when running trails at higher speeds (above 15-20mph). Otherwise, I didnt notice anything much different between the two performance wise. 5100s are a little harsher of a ride. But nowhere as bad as old school offroaders. Of course the 6100s will be better. But given they dont fit the non-SAS springs, I highly recommend the 5100's at Circlip #2 and 35's for moderate offroading.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In case it helps those considering the 5100 route and concerns wheeling - Just ran these pretty hard for three days at Moab. 5100s at 1.5" with 35's. Ran Moab level 5/6 trails like a champ. No issues when flexing, up/down notable ledges, or running dirt trails at 30-35 mph. I did Off-Roadeo then took mine on the trails the next day for comparison. The SAS setup was softer and more comfortable when running trails at higher speeds (above 15-20mph). Otherwise, I didnt notice anything much different between the two performance wise. 5100s are a little harsher of a ride. But nowhere as bad as old school offroaders. Of course the 6100s will be better. But given they dont fit the non-SAS springs, I highly recommend the 5100's at Circlip #2 and 35's for moderate offroading.

Hope this helps!
That makes me feel more comfortable, I set mine at #4. I like the way it sets up now, have not had a chance to take it anywhere except a mudhole yet. Definitely feel nicer than the stock ones.

Ctholl

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk wrangler (bronco on order)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for info, definitely does help. Looking at doing the same setup only on a 34" tire. Did you buy chance have to remove crash bars?

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m using the 34.5” tire and with the shocks all the way up I did remove my crash bars

Ctholl

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m using the 34.5” tire and with the shocks all the way up I did remove my crash bars
Thank you! Got some rok blokz mudflaps and they mount to the crash bar only reason I ask. Could probably figure something else out if I have to remove them but the mudflaps work well!

Sponsored

FZJ80_replacement

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone running these on the lowest (1” lift) setting with non-sas BD springs? Wondering how they’d handle 285/70 ko2s on the steelies. Combo weight is maybe 3-4lb over the grabbers.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone running these on the lowest (1” lift) setting with non-sas BD springs? Wondering how they’d handle 285/70 ko2s on the steelies. Combo weight is maybe 3-4lb over the grabbers.
5100 shouldn't have any issues with 33" tires. You will enjoy the extra control as bronco's are heavy!

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im glad I came across this thread. I have a 2dr BD non sas and been looking at sas take offs. For the cost of them plus having them shipped the 5100
I have no regrets at 1.5". I'm running 285/70/R17 Falken AT3Ws and think the wheel well gap is just about right. With 265/70R17s, it might be too much. Although the picture doesn't show it, it has the factory rake which I like. I've never understood the obsession for leveling--throw a cooler and some gear in the back and you're squatting. The extra clearance makes a significant difference and wheel travel increased too! There's still nose dive when braking but it's not a bad as before. I'm surprised that with the winch your Bronco is still level, and it doesn't seem right that one front side sits that much lower than the other. Have you had anyone look at it?
B1.jpg

Im glad I came across this thread and this specific reply. I too have a 2dr BD non sas. Ive been looking at sas take offs, but for the cost of them plus shipping, the 5100s seem like the better option, especially with adjustability. I have 295/70r17s on mine and will probably set it to 1.5F/1.4R and go from there.

tucktato

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for info, definitely does help. Looking at doing the same setup only on a 34" tire. Did you buy chance have to remove crash bars?
Apologies for the delayed response. Yes I had to remove the crash bars. I installed the 4WP big wheel crash bars that are angled to fit 35’s. I don’t think you’ll fit 34s with the factory crash bars.

Ctholl

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apologies for the delayed response. Yes I had to remove the crash bars. I installed the 4WP big wheel crash bars that are angled to fit 35’s. I don’t think you’ll fit 34s with the factory crash bars.
All good! Thank ya! I'll look into those big wheel crash bars and go that route.

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im glad I came across this thread. I have a 2dr BD non sas and been looking at sas take offs. For the cost of them plus having them shipped the 5100

Im glad I came across this thread and this specific reply. I too have a 2dr BD non sas. Ive been looking at sas take offs, but for the cost of them plus shipping, the 5100s seem like the better option, especially with adjustability. I have 295/70r17s on mine and will probably set it to 1.5F/1.4R and go from there.
I have 4 brand new Sasquatch shocks that I decided to not put on my 2DR BD. I'm willing to sell them for $100 each. PM if you're interested.

Ctholl

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have 4 brand new Sasquatch shocks that I decided to not put on my 2DR BD. I'm willing to sell them for $100 each. PM if you're interested.
No springs I'm assuming? And obviously ChrisB351 has first dibs, but if he's not and you do have springs I'd be interested

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im currently in the process of trying to ship a bumper and its quite expensive. At $400 plus shipping the 5100s are still more apealing. Thanks for the offer.