Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read a lot of threads out there about these but have not seen a lot of specific numbers. It seems like most people are just going to the tallest setting?

I’ll be going to the 6100s on my 2.7 4-door Badlands when it arrives, with the end goal of getting to Sasquatch height or a little taller. (I was one of the old reservations that were asked to drop sasquatch in order to get built)

Based on Bilstein’s instructions, in theory I could use the 2nd circlip setting and be taller than a sasquatch equipped Bronco but that doesn’t seem to necessarily be the case in real life. I’ve seen people getting more lift than expected and people getting less than expected.

I’m not planning on a winch or additional skids but I do have the mod bumper. I called Bilstein and asked what is being taken into account and was told the engine weight difference must be negligible as they will usually make different setting recommendations if it makes a difference 🤔. So not a lot of confidence in that answer.

I’d appreciate it if I could get some folks to chime in on their settings and what kind of lift they’ve achieved with these shocks. If it met their expectations, etc. It’s not something I want to pay to have done a second time if I’m not happy with the initial setting.

IMG_2098.jpeg
Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is not real accurate. I'm on #4 (6112)on a badlands non SAS and it gained me an inch. So I sit .5 inches higher than a SAS. That being said, it rides much better than stock badlands suspension

g_walk28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed.

I have the 6112s installed on a 2.7 4D SAS (no additional weight) and did not get the advertised lift according to the chart for the front.

My stock measurements were 39 inches in the front and 40in in the rear (ground to fender)

I now sit:

40.5 inches front (clip 6) so 1.5in gain
41.25 inches rear (clip 5) 1.25 gain as advertised

I am still slightly disappointed in front lift gain, I was hoping for at least 2inches. However, the ride is noticeably better than stock SAS and I would never go back.

My goal was to get 2in in the front to fit smaller 37s. With only 1.5in gain in front over sas I'm still debating this.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed.

I have the 6112s installed on a 2.7 4D SAS (no additional weight) and did not get the advertised lift according to the chart for the front.

My stock measurements were 39 inches in the front and 40in in the rear (ground to fender)

I now sit:

40.5 inches front (clip 6) so 1.5in gain
41.25 inches rear (clip 5) 1.25 gain as advertised

I am still slightly disappointed in front lift gain, I was hoping for at least 2inches. However, the ride is noticeably better than stock SAS and I would never go back.

My goal was to get 2in in the front to fit smaller 37s. With only 1.5in gain in front over sas I'm still debating this.
Thanks for ruining my plans. LOL I just got the 6112 and was hoping for at least 2" to do the 37" KO2s. Better ride is great but not going to help if you still need a puck spacer to make up the lack of lift. At least I can thank you for saving future frustration.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 6112 use a different spring so they will throw a wrench in the process. My 5100 have been very easy to dial in on the second attempt. Overall if you stay with stock springs the setting should be fairly close to actual lift.

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 6112 use a different spring so they will throw a wrench in the process. My 5100 have been very easy to dial in on the second attempt. Overall if you stay with stock springs the setting should be fairly close to actual lift.
Interesting. That was one of the reasons I ordered the 6100 - there are so many spring variations with the Bronco that I figured the stock springs would better match my vehicle.

I wonder if that’s why the litebrite guy got so much lift vs the guys above who got less? I would’ve thought Bilstein would err on the side of a stiffer spring, but who knows.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you know if I could dial the lift back on some 5100s then get the 2" from a Brace Lift kit? Do they work together? I dont see why not.
Im a little concerned about "maxing out" a 5100...

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. That was one of the reasons I ordered the 6100 - there are so many spring variations with the Bronco that I figured the stock springs would better match my vehicle.

I wonder if that’s why the litebrite guy got so much lift vs the guys above who got less? I would’ve thought Bilstein would err on the side of a stiffer spring, but who knows.
The hard part is the upcharge for the linear springs when eibach sells progressive springs for $450. If your going to do springs you should plan to take them on and off 1-2 times to get the ride height correct.

Do you know if I could dial the lift back on some 5100s then get the 2" from a Brace Lift kit? Do they work together? I dont see why not.
Im a little concerned about "maxing out" a 5100...
I have been running spacers with 5100 for a while, you should not be recommending stacking lifts to normal users. The factor of what is safe is a blurred line.

g_walk28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

let me know if you get advertised lift numbers in the front with stock springs. I still have mine.
and will go back if I can get a little more lift over include 6112 springs I have installed.

Oh wait…. You don’t have SAS springs currently do you?

Sponsored
OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

let me know if you get advertised lift numbers in the front with stock springs. I still have mine.
and will go back if I can get a little more lift over include 6112 springs I have installed.

Oh wait…. You don’t have SAS springs currently do you?
I don’t have any, haha. My bronco is indefinitely stuck at the plant because it isn’t up to “Ford standards”. But I will just be on the stock badlands springs once it arrives.

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would actually be cheaper to buy factory Take-off Sasquatch Struts + the Bilstein 6100 kit.
make sure you spec what vehicle it was taken off of to match your set-up (4door 2.7L in my case)

Then you could also put the struts together and ready to bolt onto your Bronco.
Then you could swap the pre-assembled new 6100 + factory take offs with your factory struts.

Another advantage is that you would have a full set of struts when you are done. Then you could keep them as a spare, or sell them.

As far as actual ride heights go.. I'd be interested in seeing what the total length of the Bilstein 6100 and 6112 strut is - and how much room would be left over to install a spacer lift without overdoing the droop.

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hard part is the upcharge for the linear springs when eibach sells progressive springs for $450. If your going to do springs you should plan to take them on and off 1-2 times to get the ride height correct.
That’s what I’m afraid of. I’d really like to pay once and get it right the first time.

g_walk28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if there is a 1/4 to 1/2 inch spacer that will work with the 6112 strut? As I mentioned earlier I am looking for another 1/2 of lift.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been running spacers with 5100 for a while, you should not be recommending stacking lifts to normal users. The factor of what is safe is a blurred line.
Recomend stacking lifts? Sorry, what does that mean?
Whats "stacking lifts"
and
Who is recomending it?
Sponsored