Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A retailer selling just one of those two options is not going to be the unbiased opinion you're looking for. I shared a link, you'll have to do some reading on your own.
I do sell the Bilstein as well. Being a one man shop causes difficulties keeping up on new product releases and getting them all uploaded to the site. If you go through our website you’ll see a lot of Bilstein kits.

We also just installed 6112/5160s on a 2022 4Runner last week - that is me in the video. I do all the work in the shop and chatting. I hired a good childhood friend to start helping with social media and I’m trying to train my girlfriend to help more with the back end, so that way more product can be uploaded and updated online.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A retailer selling just one of those two options is not going to be the unbiased opinion you're looking for. I shared a link, you'll have to do some reading on your own.
Great article and read. I don’t want to become a suspension expert to be able to make my decision but I do respect the technology behind it. I’m confused as to what Accutune does besides create curves. Doesn’t seem like I’d go buy let’s say Eibach then take to Accutune to alter it?!?!

it seems clear their opinion is Linear is best but of course that’s in a perfect analytical sense. Not easy for the consumer to just go pick that off a shelf.

I will say the Eibach is progressive which on the curves is better than digressive and they claim can customize the spring so might be worth a phone call

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do sell the Bilstein as well. Being a one man shop causes difficulties keeping up on new product releases and getting them all uploaded to the site. If you go through our website you’ll see a lot of Bilstein kits.

We also just installed 6112/5160s on a 2022 4Runner last week - that is me in the video. I do all the work in the shop and chatting. I hired a good childhood friend to start helping with social media and I’m trying to train my girlfriend to help more with the back end, so that way more product can be uploaded and updated online.
Can you show a Bilstein 6112 next to Eibach Stage 2 in a pic or video? Not an easy quick job to adjust the 6112. Which of the 2 “shocks” is superior?

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another thing to note with Eibach (100% for front) they use a spring that they make hundreds of variations with. So if you needed to bump up spring rate, you can do so, the rear being a proprietary spring (I know they’re working on different versions) that will be what you get u til they release new spring rates over time.
I hope that makes some sense.

it’s like with Icon 2.5s for example, they come with a 14”x600# spring if I recall correctly, but then you can swap to a 14x650 or 14x700 if needed.
Eibach lists the spring rate on the front coil. Eibachs come with linear 16x450# coils on the front Pro-Truck 2.0 Adjustable Coilovers. Here is a photo of the coil that comes on the Eibach Coilovers.
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OME Kits 20230205_101519

I replaced the fronts with the "heavy" coils. The "heavy" coils are 16x550#. I don't have a good photo showing the "heavy" coils as they are on my Bronco.

The rears are progressive so no weight listed and Eibach currently doesn't make a "heavy" rear coil. I'm hoping Eibach will release a "heavy" rear coil in the future to compete with Bilstein and OME. Here is a Photo of the rears on my Bronco.
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OME Kits 20230205_101845

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How did you know the 6112 spring was equivalent to the OME Heavy? Did you consider different springs to use with the 6100? Is the OME shock more equivalent to 5100 than 6100?
I will find my thread I started about it. The 6112 front springs sit midway between the ome mediums and the one heavy.

I emailed Bilstein and got the info.

everyone quotes/shares that Accutune article like it is gospel. I had buyers remorse after I ordered and before I installed from that article...
The reality is I really like the ride of rhe Bilsteins. Remember, most of us are on road 80% +...

Sponsored

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you show a Bilstein 6112 next to Eibach Stage 2 in a pic or video? Not an easy quick job to adjust the 6112. Which of the 2 “shocks” is superior?
I could definitely do that for you tomorrow.
Bilstein you have to disassemble the whole assembly to adjust, Eibach is doable on the vehicle, but recommended to at least take off the vehicle to take spring pressure off.

Between Bilstein and Eibach, we’ve been going Eibach 9/10 times. They seem to be built better and last longer, and the stage 2 is much easier to adjust and allows you to have more freedom with your set up. And once again, the warranty is unbeatable.

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Eibach lists the spring rate on the front coil. Eibachs come with linear 16x450# coils on the front Pro-Truck 2.0 Adjustable Coilovers. Here is a photo of the coil that comes on the Eibach Coilovers.

I replaced the fronts with the "heavy" coils. The "heavy" coils are 16x550#. I don't have a good photo showing the "heavy" coils as they are on my Bronco.

The rears are progressive so no weight listed and Eibach currently doesn't make a "heavy" rear coil. I'm hoping Eibach will release a "heavy" rear coil in the future to compete with Bilstein and OME. Here is a Photo of the rears on my Bronco.
Super good info right here.
Eibach has given me travel numbers, I can ask them again for spring rate info. They do have it, they need it to build the spring obviously, but might not want to post it everywhere for security reasons, who knows.

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Super good info right here.
Eibach has given me travel numbers, I can ask them again for spring rate info. They do have it, they need it to build the spring obviously, but might not want to post it everywhere for security reasons, who knows.
Would love to see those travel numbers. I was going to try and test it myself but I have added a rear sway bar so my numbers wouldn't be of much value to others.

Here are the stock travel numbers for various models.

Badlands is 9.45 inches on the front axle and 10.25 for the rear axle.

Base is 7.88 inches front and rear is 8.46 inches.

Sasquatch package travel is 9.05 inches for the front axle and 9.88 inches for the rear axel.

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would love to see those travel numbers. I was going to try and test it myself but I have added a rear sway bar so my numbers wouldn't be of much value to others.

Here are the stock travel numbers for various models.

Badlands is 9.45 inches on the front axle and 10.25 for the rear axle.

Base is 7.88 inches front and rear is 8.46 inches.

Sasquatch package travel is 9.05 inches for the front axle and 9.88 inches for the rear axel.
This is what I was given a few months ago.

Front 6.42”
Rear 9.20”

These are shock travel numbers, not actual wheel travel. Those numbers don't seem to compare with the stock shock travel, so I wonder how true they are now.

Comparing them to the 6100s though, if those are accurate, they offer more travel.

Front: 6.18"
Rear: 8.45"

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to give you guys a visual and emphasize my use for the Bronco, I’ve attached a pic of my build-plan. The weights are most important to keep in mind.

1) ARB front Summit bumper and winch ~250lb
2) GOBI rack plus RTT ~200lb
3) SRQ rear bumper w swingouts, spare, fuel/water ~300lb
4) RCI skids/sliders ~100lb
5) Inside Overlanding Gear ~200-300lb

Total ~1150lb distributed over vehicle

I might be over analyzing this but from my research not all suspension systems are ideal for this and with my motto “do it once do it right”, I’m beating this topic to it’s final death until I’m convinced. There are a lot of articles/videos that talk about suspension, rock crawling, overlanding, etc etc and many Overlanding topics don’t really emphasize the extra weight/towing. Trail Recon YouTube does a lot of overlanding but mostly in Jeeps. I think I will ping them and see their experiences. I do appreciate your inputs and hope we don’t go down too many bunny trails but attempt to zero in on the best system so others can benefit from this experience as well.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OME Kits B261DACB-16D6-4B04-931E-E2251E1DDF36

Sponsored

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say the Eibach is progressive which on the curves is better than digressive and they claim can customize the spring so might be worth a phone call
I read the article a little differently. Quite opposite of how you understood actually.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been doing a lot of research as well between Eibach vs 6100s. I have narrowed it down to those two. I am leaning towards Eibach because an adjustable coilover is really nice, especially since I plan on going from 33's to 35's. (once I wear out the tread life lol). I see both options as excellent choices..

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been doing a lot of research as well between Eibach vs 6100s. I have narrowed it down to those two. I am leaning towards Eibach because an adjustable coilover is really nice, especially since I plan on going from 33's to 35's. (once I wear out the tread life lol). I see both options as excellent choices..
If I were choosing between the 2 I believe I’d chose Eibach as well but since I will be Overlanding and loading my vehicle down with weight, I’m headed down a different path now. I did learn from talking to Eibach that they will be releasing a new heavier spring for the rear sometime in the future, so that would be a step in my right direction.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I were choosing between the 2 I believe I’d chose Eibach as well but since I will be Overlanding and loading my vehicle down with weight, I’m headed down a different path now. I did learn from talking to Eibach that they will be releasing a new heavier spring for the rear sometime in the future, so that would be a step in my right direction.
You should def check this video out regarding the eibachs

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should def check this video out regarding the eibachs
I’ve watched the video several times but my phone call into Eibach proved to me these aren’t yet ready for Overlanding heavy vehicles
Sponsored