Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it normal to see shimmed dampers in automative applications? I would have expected the service life of the shims to be an issue given the velocity and frequency of compressions in a car or truck. I'm used to them on bikes, but surprised to see them here.

Anyone know how frequently these need to be rebuilt?
I have no idea on your first question, but i don't believe these bilstein units are rebuildable.
Sponsored

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door JL, a BMW Wagon and a bunch a motos
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it normal to see shimmed dampers in automative applications? I would have expected the service life of the shims to be an issue given the velocity and frequency of compressions in a car or truck. I'm used to them on bikes, but surprised to see them here.

Anyone know how frequently these need to be rebuilt?

Using shims or deflecting discs in automotive dampers is the norm. There is a tremendous amount of work done to be sure the valve stacks meet the OE durability cycles. Sometimes the components are tested individually to 2x lifespan as stated in the OE's durability requirements.

The Bilstein dampers are built to survive the lifecycle of the vehicle without requiring a rebuild. I have no damn idea how some manufacturers get away with supplying an OE damper that requires a rebuild.

Hbates3

Badlands
First Name
Hudson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking about putting the 2" zone offroad leveling kit on my badlands bronco. It's a body lift, and I've read you shouldn't put a body lift on a vehicle you plan to take offroad. This is a 2" lift in the front, and 1" lift in the back. The manufacturer says this is designed for the bilstein shocks, and I don't plan on doing any extreme rock crawling. Since its such a small lift, do you think it would be okay to use for light offroading?

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking about putting the 2" zone offroad leveling kit on my badlands bronco. It's a body lift, and I've read you shouldn't put a body lift on a vehicle you plan to take offroad. This is a 2" lift in the front, and 1" lift in the back. The manufacturer says this is designed for the bilstein shocks, and I don't plan on doing any extreme rock crawling. Since its such a small lift, do you think it would be okay to use for light offroading?
It’s not a body lift. It’s a suspension spacer lift, you must research more young Jedi. It makes the shocks effectively longer to lift the bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I able to purchase this particular suspension through Ford?
It’s the stock Sasquatch and badlands suspension. There’s a thread with the part numbers to order separately

Hbates3

Badlands
First Name
Hudson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not a body lift. It’s a suspension spacer lift, you must research more young Jedi. It makes the shocks effectively longer to lift the bronco
So is it a bad idea to elongate the front suspension 2" and the back suspension 1" on the bilsteins? Is something going to break if I take it off road with this lift? Also I've read about people having alignment issues, but not sure whet type of lift they are using.

ryartz

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford dealer says that it’s normal for these shocks to leak and that ford has put out a service advisory for it. Does this look normal to you?? This Bronco Badlands SAS has 4700 miles on it? Dealer will not swap out the shocks..

IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford dealer says that it’s normal for these shocks to leak and that ford has put out a service advisory for it. Does this look normal to you?? This Bronco Badlands SAS has 4700 miles on it? Dealer will not swap out the shocks..

Ford Bronco BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers) IMG_2169

Ford Bronco BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers) IMG_2169

That is 100% leaking. Can you try a different dealer?
Sponsored