North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like a relatively standard bypass style shock and they just added a cup and spring on either end of the shock for additional help. You have the hole that allows fluid to bleed into the reservoir as the shock compresses. Once the shock piston moves past that bleed hole, the shock will have significantly more resistance. Couple that with the cup and spring and I imagine that is what they are calling the “End Stop Control Valve”. Looks like the cup and spring are on the other end of the shock as well and will help with control on both the compression and rebound sides, but if I’m remembering correctly on how they are mounted (upside down), the compression side is where they have the most bottom our resistance.
Ford Bronco BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers) FordBronco_parts_09 - Copy

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question is, is it worth the jump up to Badlands from BD, or would an aftermarket install with suspension upgrade in the future work just as well?
King and Fox both make Internal Bypass shocks that work incredibly well. Both have the same function but just go about getting to the same result a different way. King uses a needle into the shock shaft and fox has a twin tube design. There are pros and cons to each one, but you can’t really go wrong with either. I prefer King, but plenty of people use Fox and both companies have trophy truck drivers winning races so I don’t know that one is “better” than the other.

Fox’s video is the best explanation of how an internal bypass shock works, and King’s video just shows you how they do what Fox does just without a sleeved shock.

Oh, and Fox then has the Dual Speed Compression adjusters (DSC). DSC is pretty dope, to be quite honest. Wish King had something like it.

King IBP:

Fox Internal Bypass:

Fox DSC:

Last edited:

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is great stuff - the initial video is a bit jerky, but the later comments tell the story - great forum.

I am thinking Black Diamond for economy, and pick up these shocks/springs as take-offs when people start lifting these on day one.

Can anyone see a problem with that discount strategy?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I love the bottom out control for the 5% I will off-road, I'm really hoping the " soft in the middle" means the 95% of the time I use it for my Daily Driver it will have comfortable on road manners.

Okay, I admit it, I'm coming from an SUV, not a TRUCK, so I'm use to and still want a good daily driver. I know the forum is full of truck and jeep people that will say, WHAT, but this is why I did not buy a Jeep Wranger or a Ranger class pickup with I bought my SUV in 2017.

I think the Bronco will bring in many people, like me, as new owners who will also appreciate a comfortable daily driver.
How do you think I feel knowing the wife will be coming from her air-ride suspension in her GC and moving into the Bronco? She may have high expectations but thankfully she's driven my wrangler and truck.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great stuff - the initial video is a bit jerky, but the later comments tell the story - great forum.

I am thinking Black Diamond for economy, and pick up these shocks/springs as take-offs when people start lifting these on day one.

Can anyone see a problem with that discount strategy?
Doesn’t Sasquatch include the trail turn thing and a few other “features”? If you can live without those, then no, that strategy I think is a smart one.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some YouTubers recently toured around Bilstein's facility to give you a bit of an idea what modern manufacturing and quality assurance looks like.

Oh god, don't start with the whole LiteBrite on the Bronco forums. Already see their stuff on the jeep forums lol.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That video is going to give someone a seizure. They need to dampen the editing.
I try not to get bothered by stuff but that video made me so angry... Not because of content but form. It is so jarring. LOL!!!

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question is, is it worth the jump up to Badlands from BD, or would an aftermarket install with suspension upgrade in the future work just as well?
That's a loaded question.
Application dependant.
T
King and Fox both make Internal Bypass shocks that work incredibly well. Both have the same function but just go about getting to the same result a different way. King uses a needle into the shock shaft and fox has a twin tube design. There are pros and cons to each one, but you can’t really go wrong with either. I prefer King, but plenty of people use Fox and both companies have trophy truck drivers winning races so I don’t know that one is “better” than the other.

Fox’s video is the best explanation of how an internal bypass shock works, and King’s video just shows you how they do what Fox does just without a sleeved shock.

Oh, and Fox then has the Dual Speed Compression adjusters (DSC). DSC is pretty dope, to be quite honest. Wish King had something like it.

King IBP:

Fox Internal Bypass:

Fox DSC:
The Fox DSC kit for the Ranger is like $4000 if anyone is curious what the cost will be.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious as well.
Reservoir for extra fluid volume
The Sasquatch is available on all trims and with it you get all of the cool off road stuff that is part and parcel with the two highest trims; Badlands and Wildtrak. With the exception of the sway bar disconnect and wheel tire combo on the BL (but it is available with a reduced SAS cost).

If the BL is out of reach, go with a BD with Sasquatch. If the Wildtrak is more your speed, but not pocket book, then a BB or OBX with Sasquatch All you will give up is the High and Lux packages. There is also the Base, and if you put SAS on it, it’s damn near an off-road purpose built monster under $35k straight from the Factory.

Any Bronco with SAS is more than 98% of us can probably take full advantage of.

I really don’t think you can go wrong in any trim, in any configuration. You could always get the most vehicle now but wait for aftermarket. The Bronco is awesome!

Peace Bronco's

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a loaded question.
Application dependant.
T

The Fox DSC kit for the Ranger is like $4000 if anyone is curious what the cost will be.
Yea, the Fox and King internal bypass shocks are not cheap. They’re good, but it will be application dependent on if it makes sense to upgrade the existing Bilstein‘s to something different. I remember 3.0 shocks for the Raptor, without DSC, being somewhere around $5000 for Fox. if you wanted DSC it moved it closer to $6000 or so if I’m remembering right.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did the time stamps get tweaked on this thread?

i'm sure i read about the lite bride video last week here and then watched it on my big screen afterwards

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
End stop control valve video. Can't find much on these dampers yet. Looks like a bottom out hydraulic cone and spring?

Anyone else have any thoughts. Someone said the ESCV was active but I'm not seeing it.

LOL, I watched in on Youtube at 1/4 speed... Believe it or not, it is no better when it is slowed down.

But now I have a question! I caught in one shot where it said "tunability". Any Thoughts? I'm not smart enough on this to know. And there was not enough information on the interwebs.
Sponsored