Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Also, the Jtop does not have to be removed to reinstall your factory top...not sure if this is true for the Gearshade.
Came to post same. I don't have my Bronco yet, but knowing that the Jtop does not need to be removed makes it a pretty obvious choice to me. Having seen images of both installed the JTop looks much cleaner as well.
Sponsored

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those with the J Top, how quickly can it be taken off or put back on? It looks like the superior product in almost every way, but I really don't want to lost the ability to go fully topless on a whim.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those with the J Top, how quickly can it be taken off or put back on? It looks like the superior product in almost every way, but I really don't want to lost the ability to go fully topless on a whim.
Based on the Jtop install video it's fairly simple to install and remove. I suppose something else to consider is that the Jtop requires velcro on the roll cage which is not visible with the bimini installed however it is visible with the bimini removed and top off. Not an issue for me.

JAB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the Jtop. I like the looks and the fitment. Now like everything Bronco you have to wait for it.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Save your cash and wear a hat. 🤷‍♂️
Spoken like a true northerner*. “Hey, it gets hot up here too” is regarded by people in the south the same way you regard southerners saying, “Hey, it gets cold down here too.”

* Born and raised in Michigan.

Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using the Gearshade for a couple of months now. Replaced the rear nylon straps with 11" bungie balls. Doesn't stop the flapping (nothing will at 75mph) but I don't have to worry about the straps loosening like they were. The gap at the front is annoying whenever the sun pokes through but that's the only quibble I have.
Waiting on the hardtop variant of the JTop to ship. If it's as well engineered as the Wrangler version (which I once owned), I'll be very happy.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey this is Mike from JTops, I hope it’s ok to post here?

Competition is what makes the world go round. Please base your decision on your needs! We are not the solution to everyone’s requirements.

We make a product based what we feel is the right balance of form and function. Is it perfect for everyone’s application…no. Does it live up to our objectives, absolutely.
We take a unique approach and highway performance and form have alway been our top objectives. We feel a product should blend with the vehicle and become an enhancement to a great design.

If you like what offer we would love to have you join the team. If you have ideas, feedback…good or bad let us know, that’s what helps us become a better company!

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

Here is a 15 second clip of our 85-90 MPH speed test! We did make some slight adjustments for better front edge tolerances.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both can stay on when you put up the soft top. I have a Gearshade. It was easy to install. I have an issue with one of the rear straps coming loose due to the old plastic hooks, but Gearshade sent me new metal hooks the day after I emailed them about it. I think both look good and serve the purpose. I do like the zippered pockets on the Gearshade. JTop looks like it might be a bit better IMO, due to figment/wind noise, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see one in action over a few months.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed the bestop after buying it pretty cheap. Seems solid and will use once I'm out of work to see how I like it.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JTops has been the best available top for Jeeps for years now. Don't see that changing with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Gearshade and I'm very happy with it. I don't feel the flap is too bad driving at highway speeds (75+) and I like that I was able to print my own graphic on it. I feel I'm able to tighten the rear straps pretty good to make it taut. It's pretty easy to take off and the only time I think about the front gap is when people mention it here. The JTops option looks like a pretty solid choice, too. I think you'll be happy with either one. Fwiw, the flap on my Gearshade resembles the JTops video above.

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Jtop is supposed to ship this week. As others mentioned the Jtop has full coverage at the front and the fit/install is very clean compared to the other brands w/ bungees IMO. Also, the Jtop does not have to be removed to reinstall your factory top...not sure if this is true for the Gearshade.
I’m thinking about the JTop as well. Please post how you like it.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Gearshade and I'm very happy with it. I don't feel the flap is too bad driving at highway speeds (75+) and I like that I was able to print my own graphic on it. I feel I'm able to tighten the rear straps pretty good to make it taut. It's pretty easy to take off and the only time I think about the front gap is when people mention it here. The JTops option looks like a pretty solid choice, too. I think you'll be happy with either one. Fwiw, the flap on my Gearshade resembles the JTops video above.
Would be great to see a Gearshade speed test video? So far no one has posted one that I can find.
Mike

OP
OP
alexg823

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey this is Mike from JTops, I hope it’s ok to post here?

Competition is what makes the world go round. Please base your decision on your needs! We are not the solution to everyone’s requirements.

We make a product based what we feel is the right balance of form and function. Is it perfect for everyone’s application…no. Does it live up to our objectives, absolutely.
We take a unique approach and highway performance and form have alway been our top objectives. We feel a product should blend with the vehicle and become an enhancement to a great design.

If you like what offer we would love to have you join the team. If you have ideas, feedback…good or bad let us know, that’s what helps us become a better company!

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

Here is a 15 second clip of our 85-90 MPH speed test! We did make some slight adjustments for better front edge tolerances.
Thanks for dropping by! The only thing that kept me away from the JTop was that it covered the rear speakers and looked like it was a little more difficult to install, but from looking at your thread here it appears that was fixed in the final production units, is that right?

Only other concern with the JTop vs Gearshade is that Gearshade doesn't require you to disconnect anything to close the soft top. Is it correct that with the JTop you need to fold the front back a little bit to close the soft top?

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for dropping by! The only thing that kept me away from the JTop was that it covered the rear speakers and looked like it was a little more difficult to install, but from looking at your thread here it appears that was fixed in the final production units, is that right?

Only other concern with the JTop vs Gearshade is that Gearshade doesn't require you to disconnect anything to close the soft top. Is it correct that with the JTop you need to fold the front back a little bit to close the soft top?
The new version of the Jtop doesn't cover the rear speakers anymore. Not sure about your 2nd question though.
Sponsored