Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just installed the J Top on my 4dr BB. I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't noticed any major flapping but I haven't driven over 65 mph. I'll give a test during the next nice day. Closing the top does take a bit more effort/time than probably the Gearshade top but I'm sure with use it'll be easier.

J Tops bimini top.jpg
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a Gearshade months ago (literally) the day after I was scheduled for a 3/26 build. Of course, my Bronco is still nowhere to be found and since then I’ve come to regret the image I had painted. Wish I’d waited for some of the better designs to emerge. So I might replace it before even getting my Bronco, assuming it ever arrives (the Bronco, not the shade).

I prefer the look of JTop but envision taking off the top at night very often. It is warm enough at night in North Carolina for months to drive around topless. I don’t want to give that up.

my plan is to keep the Gearshade through the summer at least before making a call. I’m similarly interested in changing to the Bestop which would require a change anyway.
I have the ford branded bestop and it’s so So. With the top completely down or off it’s not as bad noise wise but the cross bar rattles like no tomorrow at any speed over 35 mph. Annoying as all get out.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for dropping by! The only thing that kept me away from the JTop was that it covered the rear speakers and looked like it was a little more difficult to install, but from looking at your thread here it appears that was fixed in the final production units, is that right?

Only other concern with the JTop vs Gearshade is that Gearshade doesn't require you to disconnect anything to close the soft top. Is it correct that with the JTop you need to fold the front back a little bit to close the soft top?
It’s just a flap from what I understand that folds back. You have to do the same with the bestop version. You have to unsnap the corners and fold it up or down goes either way.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s just a flap from what I understand that folds back. You have to do the same with the bestop version. You have to unsnap the corners and fold it up or down goes either way.
Yes, the front lip folds back and it’s magnetic. No ordinary magnets either. Commercial grade N48 Neodymium with a pulling force of 12 Lbs. each. There are 6 of them.
Mike

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the J Top on my 4dr BB. I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't noticed any major flapping but I haven't driven over 65 mph. I'll give a test during the next nice day. Closing the top does take a bit more effort/time than probably the Gearshade top but I'm sure with use it'll be easier.

Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop J Tops bimini to
Great! Thanks for the pic! It will get easier as the material softens up.
Also you can tighten up the stretch after a few days and it will be set for the summer!
Thanks for becoming a customer! Mike/JTops

Sponsored
OP
OP
alexg823

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will go ahead and give the JTop a try.

TBH, I am quite impressed by the owner’s engagement here on this forum and it’s quite obvious to me that the product is extremely high quality even from just looking at pictures alone.

My main concerns were more cosmetic in nature, still feel the JTop is a little long in the back, even after no longer covering the speakers. I like seeing the exposed roll bar on the other solutions. Nevertheless, the protection it provides may be worth the trade off.

We still looking at a delivery perhaps a month out after I submit the order?

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will go ahead and give the JTop a try.

TBH, I am quite impressed by the owner’s engagement here on this forum and it’s quite obvious to me that the product is extremely high quality even from just looking at pictures alone.

My main concerns were more cosmetic in nature, still feel the JTop is a little long in the back, even after no longer covering the speakers. I like seeing the exposed roll bar on the other solutions. Nevertheless, the protection it provides may be worth the trade off.

We still looking at a delivery perhaps a month out after I submit the order?
Shipping is about 12-15 working as we work through just an overwhelming response to the product.
Since introduced we are well over 350 orders and that number is growing rapidly. We have the team on overtime and added a Saturday shift to the schedule to try and keep ahead and shorten the lead time.
As far as covering the roll cage C pillar well That is an integral part of the design and greatly enhances the performance.
By utilizing the tension created by wrapping over the bar we create lateral tension that eliminate any possible flapping. Also what you don’t see is the Aluminum support rod that is sewn into the rear center that bears the load evenly across the rear of the shade. It also prevents any possible rubbing by the straps that will occur on other solution. We transfer the strap load under the C pillar eliminating any possible rubbing.
We put a tremendous amount of thought and testing into every detail. Also parts of the design have been carried over from our 8 years of making sun shades for the Jeep. That performance date played a big roll in the design of our Bronco solution.
Do we make the perfect solution for everyone, not really. But that’s the beauty of having a choice. We recommend making a decision on one’s personal preferences. We just hope customers see the passion and attention to the small details we incorporate into all of our products.
We truly appreciate your comments, feedback helps us get better at what we do!
Mike / JTopsUSA
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop D229ADB4-032B-4801-B57B-0D7BF5E5414F
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop 146231EE-28F0-4B2D-96EE-FF57B3B5795C

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. It doesn't look like its compatible at all with my Bestop, so I'll probably be keeping my gearshade. I'd consider switching if you make a version that is compatible with the Bestop Trektop.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. It doesn't look like its compatible at all with my Bestop, so I'll probably be keeping my gearshade. I'd consider switching if you make a version that is compatible with the Bestop Trektop.
Thanks for your interest. We have been working on it but we are methodical in our approach and it will take us time. Right now we are focused on filling hundreds of preorders. Once caught up we will complete the Trektop.
Stay tuned for even more!
Mike

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waiting on my Jtop, but the Bestop Bimini shade I have is garbage. Slowly biding the time til I take it off. Don’t think I’ll even bother trying to resell it tbh

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting on my Jtop, but the Bestop Bimini shade I have is garbage. Slowly biding the time til I take it off. Don’t think I’ll even bother trying to resell it tbh
Your post prompted me to stir up the development process a bit!

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just added my Bimini today. Looks like a phenomenal product and I am very pleased with the purchase! The update to square off the back of the top, was a great update. I have been waiting to ditch the soft top.

One note I would add to those that will install this top. I would recommend taking the side straps near the rear of the top and go behind the pillars (by the speakers). The straps were just long enough to make it work and I believe it cleaned up the look. The sides by the Velcro lays flat.

0C82DEFA-BF01-4103-8246-7322BFC7B824.jpeg

B52C21CB-C801-482B-9A4C-2433617C0D9B.jpeg

91CB0760-B8C1-4680-B107-FA0B36340CFE.jpeg

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just added my Bimini today. Looks like a phenomenal product and I am very pleased with the purchase! The update to square off the back of the top, was a great update. I have been waiting to ditch the soft top.

One note I would add to those that will install this top. I would recommend taking the side straps near the rear of the top and go behind the pillars (by the speakers). The straps were just long enough to make it work and I believe it cleaned up the look. The sides by the Velcro lays flat.

0C82DEFA-BF01-4103-8246-7322BFC7B824.jpeg

B52C21CB-C801-482B-9A4C-2433617C0D9B.jpeg

91CB0760-B8C1-4680-B107-FA0B36340CFE.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thanks for the pics and comments! The titanium mesh was the perfect choice! Nice smooth install as well.
We know you had a choice and all of us at JTops would like to thank you for choosing our products.

Mike

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JTopsUSA I have an order with you guys and my only reservation with keeping it is that I am worried about loosing the ability to quickly have an totally open view on cooler days or nights. Can you let us know how quick it is to take to top off or if there is even a way to have the shade collapsed/folded quickly for those times?

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gearshade for the win for me. I have both tops and also quick to remove when want to see stars. Had it up to 80 with no issues. I like the little bit of sun let in as it gets my regular glasses to activate the transition lenses.
Sponsored