Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you show us a video of Gearshde at 80 mph. No one seems to want to post one. Let’s see the front near the windshield.
You say you have both tops? Is the other a JTops?
Mike
Why would they post one? Seems pretty boring but I'm sure you can test the competition if you want. No the real tops not Bimini, I thought I saw yours doesn't work for both but could be wrong.
Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just asking because you claim there are no issues at 80. So bore us and post one! This is just a friendly request.

We don’t ever purchase other
products. We take our own path to create form and functionality.
We recommend you buy what meets your needs, just be factual!

Here is a JTop at 86 on the speedometer headed to 90! Can’t ask for yours without showing you ours.
Mike

WTF, how am I not being factual? As I stated, it has no issues at 80 for me, I don't plan on eating off it while I drive lol. I have no issue with your product but now for sure have no need for it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for your interest. We have been working on it but we are methodical in our approach and it will take us time. Right now we are focused on filling hundreds of preorders. Once caught up we will complete the Trektop.
Stay tuned for even more!
Mike
Any chance you'll be looking to address fitment with the 2-dr Bestop Sunrider? And by that, I referring to just a shade over the front seating area exposed by the Sunrider. The rear MIC clamshell will never be removed.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you'll be looking to address fitment with the 2-dr Bestop Sunrider? And by that, I referring to just a shade over the front seating area exposed by the Sunrider. The rear MIC clamshell will never be removed.
We already made a prototype! Now it will take time to refine it. The issue is we are so busy development has to take the back burner for a couple of weeks while we get caught up with spring orders.
Thank you so much for your interest.
Mike

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We already made a prototype! Now it will take time to refine it. The issue is we are so busy development has to take the back burner for a couple of weeks while we get caught up with spring orders.
Thank you so much for your interest.
Mike
Thank you for responding. I'm fine waiting. I know it sounds like such a niche market, but those with the Sunrider will be keeping the rear clamshell in place and won't have a need to have mesh that spans under the hardtop. But they are also a market that would want a finished shade top that fits under the Sunrider and doesn't interfere with the operation.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for responding. I'm fine waiting. I know it sounds like such a niche market, but those with the Sunrider will be keeping the rear clamshell in place and won't have a need to have mesh that spans under the hardtop. But they are also a market that would want a finished shade top that fits under the Sunrider and doesn't interfere with the operation.
Yes totaly agree!
Yes, we totaly agree!
Here is a bikini we make for the Jeep. Same concept! it lacks the sunrider but this is what we are working on. Mike
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop B88BB8C4-44E2-455D-AF41-C33365886D67_1_201_a

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes this is the new style for 2 and 4 door. What do you think? Feedback really helps!
Mike
Definitely think the new style looks better, cleaner.

Would love it if you built a color tester on your website, step 1 choose bronco doors (suggest camera angle is above the front corner with truck at an angle, iso style), step 2 bronco color, step 3 mesh color. Aka a Product Configurator. While, I appreciate the opportunity for free samples, the reality is I can't really visualize from a small swatch...

Definitely ordering but will try to rough Photoshop what I describe above in order to decide a color before I do

cr25

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang, Honda Fit, Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How hard is it to remove/install the JTop? I want to be able to see the sun and stars most of the time and add on the sun shade when it’s scorching. Don’t want a permanent sun shade on our 2 door hard top.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How hard is it to remove/install the JTop? I want to be able to see the sun and stars most of the time and add on the sun shade when it’s scorching. Don’t want a permanent sun shade on our 2 door hard top.
Check out the install video they have on their website.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not hard at all but our solution is designed to be left on. We have been making shades for many years and any shade you buy is probably not going to be a lot of fun putting it on and taking it off frequently.
Have you looked at the Sunrider by Bestop? It’s a solution for the front panels. It might be worth looking at.
Thanks for your interest.
Mike

Last edited:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I honestly like both the Gearshade and JTop. If you go Gearshade, make sure you have the metal clips on the rear straps. Once they switched me to those (one plastic one would pop loose) it’s been solid. Was just on the I-10 tonight with top down and doors off at around 80mph and no problems at all. Around town it’s awesome in the AZ sunshine and heat.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JTopsUSA update…

Tonight we passed 450 Bronco shade orders received over just the last 5 weeks. Today alone there were 27 new orders. The bad news… it’s going to cause shipping lead times to extend. We are adding an overtime production shift and a Saturday shift to help.

Katie, who manages our graphics department, is working on close to 100 custom printed tops so they will be taking a little extra time to get shipped as well.

We just want to be transparent on how long it will take an order to ship. Based on our daily manufacturing capacity new orders will take about 15 working days now that we have ramped production up to full speed. We have the capacity to produce and ship around 40 orders a day but we also have our Jeep line of products in the mix.

Thank you to the Bronco community for such a great response to our new products. Rest assured the team is working their tails off to shorten lead times.

Any questions let us know.
Mike Matras/Owner/JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely think the new style looks better, cleaner.

Would love it if you built a color tester on your website, step 1 choose bronco doors (suggest camera angle is above the front corner with truck at an angle, iso style), step 2 bronco color, step 3 mesh color. Aka a Product Configurator. While, I appreciate the opportunity for free samples, the reality is I can't really visualize from a small swatch...

Definitely ordering but will try to rough Photoshop what I describe above in order to decide a color before I do
Eventually we will have a new site with this enhancement. We are also going to have a design your own custom shade. It’s already up and running, we just need a little more integration work.
Mike
Sponsored