Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got the Gearshade and have been happy with it, but I’m also a little concerned about wrapping the bungee cord around the roll bar. It seems like it could mess with the side curtain airbag deployment in the back seat. Anyone else notice this or see anything from Gearshade on it?
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One is a Honda, the other is a Ferrari. Can’t wait for my custom JTop to come

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One is a Honda, the other is a Ferrari. Can’t wait for my custom JTop to come
Can’t wait to see yours as well!
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop 90B3A579-CD41-41B7-90DA-D90E2B8F4B22
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop C184385B-9E3F-4112-827D-B42A6F56B564
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop 69F4B556-FE6E-4253-8554-0CFE034269A6
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop D41C2776-A879-40DB-AAC0-4E27C95DBF10
Here are a few new pic! Basic black but perfect for color choice for this Bronco!

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for the under 6ft people running these tops. How do you flip open the soft top?

I've gotten in the habit of sitting on the center console and pushing the top back from inside. I just realized that's no longer going to be an option. I can flip the top closed from outside but haven't tried opening it that way in quite some time.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question for the under 6ft people running these tops. How do you flip open the soft top?

I've gotten in the habit of sitting on the center console and pushing the top back from inside. I just realized that's no longer going to be an option. I can flip the top closed from outside but haven't tried opening it that way in quite some time.
Never thought about it, but you could stand on the door sill while holding onto the roll bar from underneath (or get one of the aftermarket grab handles) and flick the top back. Or carry a little folding stool and do the same. Or get some side steps…

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good question, you would operate it the same way. Just flip the latches and give it a push. The front strip will flip into place on its own.
Hope this helps.
Mike

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t wait to see yours as well!
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop D41C2776-A879-40DB-AAC0-4E27C95DBF10
For a second there, I thought you had tinted the front windshield to show show a mountain silhouette!

Raptor72

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with GEARSHADE and love it. I didnt like the required velco on the JTop. Gearshade stays taught and is so easy to take on and off.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with GEARSHADE and love it. I didnt like the required velco on the JTop. Gearshade stays taught and is so easy to take on and off.
Yes we do use an industrial hook and loop so we can cover the entire top. We choose this design for performance and a custom look. We realize our full coverage design is not for everyone.
Great choice for your requirements!
Mike
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop C984112F-9118-42B2-BB51-DA15A55AF3AC
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop B42AFE91-9163-47E3-9821-1283D10AC79A

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have the Gearshade. This isn't my first mesh top. So for me the flapping is just part of it I have no idea why people complain about that. I looked at the Jtop and in my opinion would go with the Gearshade. Why is simple the point is to have shade but still have the open feel to it you get that with a top with holes in it and a bunch of bungees. Just looking at the Jtop make me feel like that open feel is gone. Look if I had never had a jeep or a SXS with a mesh top I would be on the Jtop train but after having a regular mesh top I know what I'm giving up.
I agree. I got the GearShade and love it. They did send me upgraded rear latches because the plastic ones were failing and the top was coming unlatched but I am not a fan of the JTop closed-in look (and assume feeling).

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I got the GearShade and love it. They did send me upgraded rear latches because the plastic ones were failing and the top was coming unlatched but I am not a fan of the JTop closed-in look (and assume feeling).
Here is a JTopsUSA from the inside. Not sure how this relates to closed in look?

Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop CCF21640-851A-4A7E-8552-34F35924E96A

Last edited:

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey this is Mike from JTops, I hope it’s ok to post here?

Competition is what makes the world go round. Please base your decision on your needs! We are not the solution to everyone’s requirements.

We make a product based what we feel is the right balance of form and function. Is it perfect for everyone’s application…no. Does it live up to our objectives, absolutely.
We take a unique approach and highway performance and form have alway been our top objectives. We feel a product should blend with the vehicle and become an enhancement to a great design.

If you like what offer we would love to have you join the team. If you have ideas, feedback…good or bad let us know, that’s what helps us become a better company!

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

Can't say that I'm having the same luck with mine. The way it fits when the top is closed is not good. That it turn creates a curvature that catches the wind at higher speeds and flips the flap back up. See photos below.
0D8BFD0D-99AF-481D-9440-8A118C173A51.jpeg

D20F683C-2DF1-40F3-B057-10A31B02A344.jpeg

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should have contacted us, it my be installed wrong. This is the first in 200 shipments that has reported this.
Give us a call and we can figure out what’s wrong. We tested this to extremes and never once in the months of abuse did it flip back.

What is your order number? Every shade has a serial number so we can trace it back to the time and person who assembled it.

We want to get this fixed.

Mike

Here is a pic we just got from a customer with the top closed.
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop 7C162C1A-3B70-4170-9566-C8816B2512F0

Last edited:

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought a Gearshade months ago (literally) the day after I was scheduled for a 3/26 build. Of course, my Bronco is still nowhere to be found and since then I’ve come to regret the image I had painted. Wish I’d waited for some of the better designs to emerge. So I might replace it before even getting my Bronco, assuming it ever arrives (the Bronco, not the shade).

I prefer the look of JTop but envision taking off the top at night very often. It is warm enough at night in North Carolina for months to drive around topless. I don’t want to give that up.

my plan is to keep the Gearshade through the summer at least before making a call. I’m similarly interested in changing to the Bestop which would require a change anyway.
So I was concerned too that I’d have to compromise something. But once the Jtop is on (that’s what I ordered) it stays on. No need to ever remove it. It works for soft and hard tops.
it’s a solid design for sure. When it’s closed it just looks like a headliner.

Attachments

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered the J Tops one today. Understand it will take a few days but I liked the design and fit better for my 2-door. And the customer service and free samples were great. It cost a little more than the other brand but I feel it's worth it. Just wish I'd ordered it earlier as it's supposed to hit 113 Saturday. I'll have to use my J. Peterman urban sombrero in the meantime
Sponsored