John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi - you may have noticed that this disappeared from the B&P and catalog. Does anyone know about the solid bimini top and it's status ?
Does anyone know if this was able to keep the rain out from the passenger area - except for the obvious opening behind the 2nd row?
I noticed the mesh top (despite being mesh) has gaps that would allow rain to come in from the attachment points area - around the roll bar, so I am hoping that the solid bimini top would seal against the weather.

Is there anyone in the aftermarket looking at making a bimini top?

This (current mesh top) looks very different

Ford Bronco Bimini top - non-mesh - 1629303793481

than this - as shown in B&P

Ford Bronco Bimini top - non-mesh - 1629303838011

The bottom version - if it was solid would block rain coming in - that is what I am looking for -
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi - you may have noticed that this disappeared from the B&P and catalog. Does anyone know about the solid bimini top and it's status ?
Does anyone know if this was able to keep the rain out from the passenger area - except for the obvious opening behind the 2nd row?
I noticed the mesh top (despite being mesh) has gaps that would allow rain to come in from the attachment points area - around the roll bar, so I am hoping that the solid bimini top would seal against the weather.

Is there anyone in the aftermarket looking at making a bimini top?

This (current mesh top) looks very different

than this - as shown in B&P

The bottom version - if it was solid would block rain coming in - that is what I am looking for -
Are you saying the bottom version (as in the pic of the gray Bronco) is different from the other and would keep rain out? It is a mesh top (as per description) and you can see thru it clearly in the pic, just like the top one on the CO Bronco, There appears to be a difference in strapping, but both are mesh, not solid.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what happened to the solid bimini top but I do imagine the aftermarket will supply one eventually. Remains to be seen if it will extend all the way to the roll bar and somehow provide a seal to offer some amount of waterproofing.

With regards to your pictures. The bottom one looks to be a poor CGI representation of the bimini and not the real deal.

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you saying the bottom version (as in the pic of the gray Bronco) is different from the other and would keep rain out? It is a mesh top (as per description) and you can see thru it clearly in the pic, just like the top one on the CO Bronco, There appears to be a difference in strapping, but both are mesh, not solid.

I realize it is mesh - the difference in strapping is what I am talking about. If this top were solid - would it still be strapped the same as the current mesh ? When we ordered, the bimini tops were both available, and they did not have gaps between the rollbar and top - like in my picture of the silver bronco.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe both of these pics are of the mesh bimini. The other one was listed as canvas - and I've been hoping we'd hear more about it as well.

I doubt it would completely block rain, but it might mitigate it a bit. Main focus is blocking more of the sun than the mesh. Regardless of the exact fit, you're almost certain to have some water get in without a full top.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's still early, but I'm sure Bestop will have a bikini top or solid bimini available soon. I'd bet they come out with something before I get my Bronco.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was going to order the canvas one, but yeah disappeared not that it matters at the moment some of us have time and surely one will get produced.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's still early, but I'm sure Bestop will have a bikini top or solid bimini available soon. I'd bet they come out with something before I get my Bronco.
Agreed, even though they have yet to respond to my inquires. Might be an embargo issue :sneaky:

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder why no one makes this - Filson ? - looks to be exactly what I would expect or want -

Ford Bronco Bimini top - non-mesh - 1629307310146

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat , wondering where the canvas top went.
The Bikini on my 69 does a very good job of keeping rain off the front two passengers ... as long as it doesn't blow in from the back while your at a stop.
If aftermarket is slow to react, boat shops that do custom covers can make them.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You're looking for the canvas bimini. I have been eyeing it since reservation because it was to be my first purchase for my Bronco. After being told by the dealership numerous times that it was on backorder, I contacted the manufacturer of the top. They didn't even have the part number in their system and didn't know they were making a canvas bimini for the Bronco 🤦‍♂️ Needless to say, it appears that it's a long way off from production unfortunately.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm exploring Kydex or Coroplast sheet rigid solutions for sun shades but don't have a Bronco yet.
Amazon has 24" x 48" Kydex sheets between $15-$50 depending on thickness and color, but you'd have to lash or bond them at that size.

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Found this, but not available yet (or sold out already).

https://broncobastards.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-bikini-top

I am in a similar boat. I am looking for an alternative to Bestop’s version in that I want something that is easily removable on the whim or zip/rollback/slide back like old VW style.

I assume there will eventually be a bunch of options…any Jeep folks chime in on which brands to keep an eye out on or which ones to avoid?

Edit: realized there is an “availability” tab that states - “This product and images are not of the actual product. This is only displaying a reference of a future product that will be released. Enter your email and click "Notify Me!" if you would like to be notified once this product gets updated and becomes available.”

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there will be more than one option soon. I might get a bimini mesh top for myself, but certainly not the one you can get now. Seems a pain to install and to top it off it seems to add a center cross bar, LOL. NOT having that 'sport' bar or anything else across the center is one of the main selling points of the Bronco to me. Not gonna add a metal bar to keep a mesh top from flopping around. Tight strapping done well should be enough to keep it like a drum.
There will be many options soon, I also like the boat shop idea mentioned above, maybe you can even have one made in a color you like, not boring black?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're looking for the canvas bimini. I have been eyeing it since reservation because it was to be my first purchase for my Bronco. After being told by the dealership numerous times that it was on backorder, I contacted the manufacturer of the top. They didn't even have the part number in their system and didn't know they were making a canvas bimini for the Bronco 🤦‍♂️ Needless to say, it appears that it's a long way off from production unfortunately.
At least Bestop is now showing the mesh Bimini top on their website so hopefully the solid Bimini top will show up before too long.
Sponsored