Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The screws in front of the Bronco canvas one make this something that you cannot put the soft top up and down.
Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just unbolt, put soft top on the bungee it up.

trust me, you dont want that gap, the sun is in your eyes all the time
Wife has mesh kind. It blocks the sun in front. If I go canvas, I want it all the way to the windshield. They I don’t need my soft top.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You dont need a metal crossbar. What for?

I had a local shop make 5 for me, here is the install video and 60 mph test drive at the end of the video.

Note: there is no monster gap in the front like the gear shade has.

Picture of underside (stitched side)....topside is smooth.
Made with marine canvas: mfgr == TopGun

View attachment 413818
What did that end up costing you?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just unbolt, put soft top on the bungee it up.

trust me, you dont want that gap, the sun is in your eyes all the time
I'll be honest, I don't think I have ever had the situation where the sun came through that gap at just the right angle. Just popping the soft top up and down with no other actions is perfect for me.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be honest, I don't think I have ever had the situation where the sun came through that gap at just the right angle. Just popping the soft top up and down with no other actions is perfect for me.
I have a 7MT so my seat is close up for good clutch coverage, with sitting more forward the sun hits me all the time... i know cuz i bought a gearshade (which are great !!!) but then ai made my own in canvas and longer and am more than happy. Ingave some to three other folks on the forum here and Im sure they will post their happiness

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did that end up costing you?
I think yours is a four-door, though, right? I have a two-door coming (shipped, yay!). I like the approach you took, though.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think yours is a four-door, though, right? I have a two-door coming (shipped, yay!). I like the approach you took, though.
yep, 4 door

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, there are a few mfgr's of mesh, but not full waterproof canvas that is strong, light, and doesnt flap, other than the one i had the canvas shop make for me.

Either way, it's only a 4-minute install or less...

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford F250 Camper Special 4spd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I haven't seen the canvas one but the mesh looks pretty good. I'm not sure I like the metal crossbar though.

The only aftermarket one I've seen so far is the GearShade. It looks OK.

I'm waiting to see what JTops releases next spring.
I just posted a review that focuses on a design flaw of that cross bar and the indifferent service I got from Bestop. I might be an unlucky outlier with Bestop but based on my experience I won’t buy another product from them ever again.
Link to that post here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...i-top-installed-quick-look.28379/post-1848483

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just posted a review that focuses on a design flaw of that cross bar and the indifferent service I got from Bestop. I might be an unlucky outlier with Bestop but based on my experience I won’t buy another product from them ever again.
Link to that post here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...i-top-installed-quick-look.28379/post-1848483
Yikes sorry to hear
Link to that post here:
Sorry to hear, especially when their profit margin on those must be in the 70-80 % range.
Let me know if you want to test out a www.BroncoCanvasBimini.com and also the reason why I made my own. Unfortunately you cant trust anyone that puts the dollar first, but I guess it is their business. I've come to the realization in my later years that if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Countless times I would go get my oil changed, luckily, before leaving house, i would reach down and mark the oil filter with a sharpie marker. And i @#$#@$ you not, 1 out of 3 times it was not changed. Similar experiences with contractors doing work around the house, it's shoddy and finished to just look good. My wife hates it now that I try to do most things myself but I just want it done right.

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yikes sorry to hear

Sorry to hear, especially when their profit margin on those must be in the 70-80 % range.
Let me know if you want to test out a www.BroncoCanvasBimini.com and also the reason why I made my own. Unfortunately you cant trust anyone that puts the dollar first, but I guess it is their business. I've come to the realization in my later years that if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Countless times I would go get my oil changed, luckily, before leaving house, i would reach down and mark the oil filter with a sharpie marker. And i @#$#@$ you not, 1 out of 3 times it was not changed. Similar experiences with contractors doing work around the house, it's shoddy and finished to just look good. My wife hates it now that I try to do most things myself but I just want it done right.
I’d love to test one out and, looking at your pages, as i now have an eruption green braptor, a buckskin tan one would be pretty excellent because I’m having the FORD letters on my grill Cereakoted bronze and I bet the colors will look sweet together. I’ll go put my name into the hat over on your page. Thanks for letting me know about this option. I’m so frustrated that Bestop don’t seem to care a bit, that they can’t even reply to the emails they require you to send. It’s such a sad state of affairs as I really do try to spend my money with domestic companies and when this happens (not the only example, the Swarfworks guy went totally dark on me after i enquired about buying Baja Designs LP6s from him. He was all excited to sell me them, and I’ve bought 3 other things from him, but doesn’t reply to email or voicemail. And I want to spend $2k on lights!) Maybe everyone has so much business that my orders are just too small potatoes? And Bestop, when their cheap plastic widget breaks, your only option is to throw the whole top away (or make a replacement yourself)….

this, by the way, is the part that is unorderable and without it, your cross bar will flap in the wind against the bestop crossbar retainer tabs that are attached to your bronco’s roof. Such a dumb design because it’s an obvious point of failure that they don’t make spares available for.

Ford Bronco Bimini Tops???  Ford Mesh vs Ford Canvas (my22) vs aftermarket CFC18438-B485-4DF7-BBA9-59AEEDCF532E

Last edited:

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’d love to test one out and, looking at your pages, as i now have an eruption green braptor, a buckskin tan one would be pretty excellent because I’m having the FORD letters on my grill Cereakoted bronze and I bet the colors will look sweet together. I’ll go put my name into the hat over on your page. Thanks for letting me know about this option. I’m so frustrated that Bestop don’t seem to care a bit, that they can’t even reply to the emails they require you to send. It’s such a sad state of affairs as I really do try to spend my money with domestic companies and when this happens (not the only example, the Swarfworks guy went totally dark on me after i enquired about buying Baja Designs LP6s from him. He was all excited to sell me them, and I’ve bought 3 other things from him, but doesn’t reply to email or voicemail. And I want to spend $2k on lights!) Maybe everyone has so much business that my orders are just too small potatoes? And Bestop, when their cheap plastic widget breaks, your only option is to throw the whole top away (or make a replacement yourself)….

this, by the way, is the part that is unorderable and without it, your cross bar will flap in the wind against the bestop crossbar retainer tabs that are attached to your bronco’s roof. Such a dumb design because it’s an obvious point of failure that they don’t make spares available for.

CFC18438-B485-4DF7-BBA9-59AEEDCF532E.jpeg
Just a quick note that @Bestop_Team reached out to me. While it would of course be better never to have had to write the post in the first place, kudos to Crystal to wading into the blast radius with an open mind and a friendly approach. Please keep your powder dry while we give the @Bestop_Team advocate assigned to support us on 6G the opportunity to review my case. Yes, Bestop customer service could have--and should have--taken the same approach Crystal has. But we're at least lucky that, as part of 6G, Bestop has someone to hear us out.

And maybe, by broadcasting at full volume, and having Crystal act as our repeater, some product manager at Bestop will figure out that I'm likely not the only one to have this problem and will reconsider not making this $.05 part available to the rest of the folks struggling through the same issue as I am. Thanks again, Crystal
Sponsored