Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, first off this is my first post - brand new to the group and have my order in for a 4 door Badlands. I know this topic is covered in older feeds but looking for updated info based on everyone's experience over time with the seat types.

I am between the leather and MGV seats - I usually get leather in vehicles but like the idea of the vinyl for durability, ease of cleaning and like that you can wash out the floors. I also wonder how the leather does with sun exposure over time with the top down. To me leather is always more "premium" but I hear great things about MGV....

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most "leather" seats are leather on the bottom and back only. I do NOT yet have my Bronco but drove to a place where some MGV Badlands were being displayed. The MGV felt much softer and better IMHO than leather. Hopefully, in a week or so I will have a better informed opinion.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a mannequin for 2 weeks with leather seats and my Badlands order that I've had for almost that same amount of time has MGV.

My opinion - MGV all the way. I love the seats and the fact that it comes with a wash out floor on a vehicle intended to remove the roof, it makes it a no-brainer.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, first off this is my first post - brand new to the group and have my order in for a 4 door Badlands. I know this topic is covered in older feeds but looking for updated info based on everyone's experience over time with the seat types.

I am between the leather and MGV seats - I usually get leather in vehicles but like the idea of the vinyl for durability, ease of cleaning and like that you can wash out the floors. I also wonder how the leather does with sun exposure over time with the top down. To me leather is always more "premium" but I hear great things about MGV....

Thoughts?
Welcome, and congrats on taking the plunge! I’ve had my BL with the leather package since 9/1 and 9,400 miles later I still absolutely love it.
Its hot with the top off in the sun as you would expect but so is the MGV from what I understand.
bottom line for me is that I’m glad I got it.
good luck, and welcome to the looney bin!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I vote MGV all the way. It’s really nice material, very soft and in no way does it feel cheap. We recently had a cold snap in my area (-15 Celsius for a few days) and the vinyl seats in my Bronco didn’t get anywhere near as cold as the leather in other vehicles I drove. Plus it’s easier to maintain than leather and you save a chunk of change skipping the option on the BL

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've sat in all trims of Bronco and to me the mgv felt the best. Even though I have no use for a Badlands it's exactly why I went with it along with high package. The leather seating felt too stiff for me.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my badlands with mgv! The back support feels awesome. I have owned acuras, audis,Volvo, infinitie and the mgv is better than those.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you haven’t felt the MGV yet, go to a dealer and feel one immediately. It feels plush and comfortable. I would not pick the leather over MGV even if it was the same price.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personal opinion??

MGV seats. 100%. If you get sick of the MGV seats and decide you want leather. Katzkin

My dealer actually took their demo Big Bend Bronco and installed Katzkin leather and seat heaters. Very impressed with the result.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve yet to see leather on the Bronco that was pulled right and not wrinkled in spots so I went MGV.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You MGV peeps are forgetting the most important part of the upgrade to leather 🤣🥤
Ford Bronco BL/BD MGV vs Leather B52D4A7B-4622-4346-98D5-BB01C2F4CBF2

MJedi209

Black Diamond
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopars
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Coming from "leather as a must", to MGV I didn't know what to expect. It's only been a month, but honestly, I love them. I'm not sure what I expected, but they're definitely better than what I had in mind.