Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
damn man....Broncos are crash magnets. Hopefully you get well compensated and it gets fixed up quick.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it happened. Someone was impatient at a stop sign on a side street and decided to have their mini van reach out and touch my Bronco. Everyone in both vehicles are ok. I think everything can be repaired. Now the insurance company fun begins.

IMG_4612.jpeg
Totally sad. Then comes the salt in the wound.

How does an accident affect value?

It’s not pleasant to hear but any major accident will lower the value of your vehicle no matter what. That seems obvious if you have a big dent or a missing mirror, serious structural damage or a completely crushed rear end, right? But even if your insurance pays to have it fixed and you get everything repaired as good as new, that accident becomes part of the car’s Vehicle History Report which can be accessed through a service like Carfax. So, the fact you had an accident is listed there and will lower the value of the car no matter what. This will very much come into play if you’re trading the car in with a dealer who can knock thousands off the value because of a previous accident.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Totally sad. Then comes the salt in the wound.

How does an accident affect value?

It’s not pleasant to hear but any major accident will lower the value of your vehicle no matter what. That seems obvious if you have a big dent or a missing mirror, serious structural damage or a completely crushed rear end, right? But even if your insurance pays to have it fixed and you get everything repaired as good as new, that accident becomes part of the car’s Vehicle History Report which can be accessed through a service like Carfax. So, the fact you had an accident is listed there and will lower the value of the car no matter what. This will very much come into play if you’re trading the car in with a dealer who can knock thousands off the value because of a previous accident.
That is a conversation that will be had. The first hurdle is understanding how much it will take to repair and confirm they aren't totaling it. Until I hear that they are moving forward with repairs, I'm not assuming anything. Once that happens, we'll talk about diminished value.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

damn man....Broncos are crash magnets. Hopefully you get well compensated and it gets fixed up quick.
Thanks. Hey, I still have my order with Stephens. I will tell you that in the 1,234 miles on it (yes those are really the miles) I loved driving it. So much so that I want the Stephens order as my backup. Hey congrats on getting yours scheduled.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Hey, I still have my order with Stephens. I will tell you that in the 1,234 miles on it (yes those are really the miles) I loved driving it. So much so that I want the Stephens order as my backup. Hey congrats on getting yours scheduled.
hey thanks! we're excited. I still check the backdoor to make sure the date hasn't changed.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update 06/13/22:

Word from the collision place is that they have parts on order to repair the suspension and get it rolling. The last parts to come in are due at the end of this week (6/17), and those were the upper and lower control arms.

Once it is on all four tires again, they will put it on the rack and take measurements of the frame. Fingers crossed that there was no movement in the frame. If none, then they order body parts and push on the rest of the repairs. If there is...then things get worse. They don't repair the frame but call for its replacement. The insurer does not do that and will automatically total the vehicle.

The guy I'm working with and his technician have been underneath a couple of times and they think everything is ok. Let's hope their right.

One other update...I think the side step bending under caused damage to the rocker area of the body. It is going to require some cutting and replacement of structure in the rocker area. Ugh.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update 7/7/22:

The latest from the collision folks. The suspension work was done but they found additional items to replace, so we waited an additional week or so. They got everything done, including an alignment, but found the wheel speed sensor needs to be replaced as well. It is on backorder but the collision folks said they will wait another few days then will pull it back and start working on the body repairs.

So progress. It makes me more hopeful that I'll get it back in the next 1 to 2 months. Boy this is a slog. The key item was that they had no issues aligning the suspension, so that means the frame is in good shape.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update 8/9/22:

I was helping my son buy a new dryer and drove right past the collision place and didn't even think about it. On the return trip, I noticed the sign and said something. We saw a 2 door black Bronco sitting in their repair lot but fairly close to the road. My son saw it better and said that can't be it because the passenger side shows no sign of body work. We were in a hurry and didn't try turning around given the rush hour traffic.

That was yesterday. I called for an update...they are in final assembly and QC. That was my Bronco and there were no signs of body work because it was already done and painted. I could get it back as early as this Friday. Holy crap!

I've been keeping my expectations as low as you can get. I've been prepping for a September return. I don't even know what to say, but I am a happy guy. It will feel weird driving it now that I've driven a full size Ram truck for the last 3 months. Hopefully I'll be posting a pic of the rig at the end of the week or early next.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I forgot to mention the one thing that is on backorder and they have no delivery date for...the running board.

I told them just pull the one on the driver's side and put it in the back and I'll jump in. The guy said they would try to straighten the old passenger one and if it is close they'll leave it on until they get the new one in. Otherwise they'll go with my suggestion. It will not hold up delivery back to me.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Biggest and last update...[08/15/22]

She's back. Total repair costs were about $17.5k. The running board on the passenger side is on back order so they got the original back into decent shape and bolted it on. When the new comes in, then they put it on. Otherwise it's back in the fold. Ready to put some miles on it.

Ford Bronco Black 2 Door Down... [Last Update 08/15/22] IMG-4758

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dam the repair company did a great job. Can’t even tell it was in a wreck. Glad to see you got the Bronco back!

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The collision place did a real good job. Nice folks to work with too.
Sponsored