Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I used trail turn assist on the Las Vegas Off Rodeo course this past weekend. Made near a 135 degree pivot. There were a few infront of me that didn't make it because they cut the turn too soon or too shallow. So some of it is relying on a spotter (if you have one and i did) and knowing when to cut the wheel hard into the turn. Before this weekend, i thought it was kinda gimmicky. But not now. I also used trail control, set it at 1.5 mph and crawled down the hill easy. Have to say it felt odd not having your foot on a pedal though...OP, thanks for posting!!
Yup the one pedal is another absolute great tool and NOT a gimmick.
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video. I can see the LWB of 4d is not going to be a problem on the trails.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to test out the one pedal feature this weekend so I didn't mention it. But can't wait to try it out once i take delivery of my MY22 Bronco....

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used it and its awesome. If you're on the fence about manual versus automatic tranny... go to a Bronco Off-Rodeo and drive the automatic. The decision will become obvious.

I've also seen TTA used in a high speed course driven by a professional Baja racer. its not just a low speed function. All it takes is 3 scenarios to happen at the same time to trigger it: engage the hero button for TTA, Turn the wheel to lock, and accelerate. You can do that at any speed and it stays on until any of the 3 situations is no longer occurring. Thus, you can leave the button engaged as long as you want and it will kick on when needed.
So, think of coming out of a high speed hairpin turn when your wheel is at lock as you straighten up the vehicle through the turn. TTA works wonders there too.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely helps. Really seems jerky over the rocks though, but I've only seen it used on dirt until now. Kinda made me cringe that something was going to snap. That would suck hard to get stuck up there.

By the way, I loved your videos from King of Hammers. I watch that all the time to "stay pumped" for getting mine.
Its far less jerky on the inside and it looks a lot more violent on the outside. When you are in the Bronco, it feels like your usual turn but you do hear the brakes firing a little. It takes a little more gas as well.. but it doesnt lurch or anything really. I was doing some turns in a sandy rock garden yesterday.

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool video. Nice to know ya did black bear with that "street" setup. :D

TTA looks a lil out of control in this scenario but it was fun to use in person for sure.

Seems there is a time and a place for it. Probably not good to goose the gas or do abrupt braking on a loose surface. Nothing like basically "riding" on top of a pebble rockalanche into a high exposure downhill corner...I did that on Antero once...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome video!

Glad to see a non squatch out there doing trails. I thought the general consensus here was that the obx tires were gonna be useless once they left the pavement lol

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just have to say it. Please don't. Trails are getting torn up by high performance rigs (ATV's, UTV's and 4x4's) generally headed uphill, now we've discovered a way to tear them up going down hill. The secret to a pleasant ride, for you and the next guy, is easing into things with no more momentum or wheel spin (or drag in this case) than needed. Other than the first hundred yards Black Bear isn't that bad, just ease into the corners and gently execute a 2 or maybe 3 point turn. The TTA method will just dig out what dirt is there leaving a rock pile for the next century of users.

TTA could be a ton of fun in the sand/snow where it leaves no lasting impression but will leave a mess in the hard surface.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who has done BB pass in a supercrew f150, this will be nice to have on the bronco in some cases. Wife’s GC take a 3 point turn. But I can definitely see someone cutting it too close on the passenger side and bumping the rock ledge too hard at the turn and having the bronco roll over.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I liked one pedal when I used it at the Off Rodeo, but not when and how I expected.

I didn't like it on obstacles because compared to left foot braking you loose half of the control, that is the computer is controlling the braking force. particularly when dropping off a rock. Having to give more throttle as opposed to releasing the brake makes it difficult to very slowly drop off.

I did love it for easy sections on the trail, off roading there is lots of waiting for truck in the group to go thru an obstacle or pulling off the trail to let someone pass. Having the truck hold the brake for me was great!

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG, you don’t have 37’s on there. What kind of magic is this?

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol, love how you ignored old man spotter. Bless his heart
Sponsored